Unanswered [12]  
  help    or 
Forum / Essay Services /

Untrustworthy and incompetent: Mr. John Halasz

BurnedThreads: 1
 Company Representative
Apr 7, 12, 04:06AM | #1
Hello all,

This is just an example of what happend to me. Other people may have better experiences, though I doubt it.

I ordered a 15-page custom written paper from Mr. John Halasz that was supposed to be publishable.
I paid him in advance 300 US dollars.
He said he would make corrections for free and in a timely manner.

The length of the paper I received was an 11-page long, rambling mess full of basic grammar and punctuation mistakes.
I contacted him via email <100writers@gmail.com> several times asking about when the mistakes would be corrected and have not heard back from him since.

His website is: www.GhostwritersForHire.Com
http://EditorHire.Com/
http://GhostwritersForHire.Com/
http://ScreenwritersForHire.Com/
http://SEOArticleWritingService.Net/
http://HowToWriteANovel.Net/

His contact information I was given is:
(323) 570-4473

John Halasz
3940 Harvard Street
Hamburg, NY, 14075
USA

The above address appears to be his childhood address.

He has however posted his current address at Fort Myers, Florida on Facebook. And his current contact information is:

John Halasz +1 (716) 579-5984.
Mailing Address: 6000 Timberwood Circle, Unit 203 Fort Myers, FL 33908

My recommendation is not to use Mr. Halasz's services and if you have been burned to complain to the sites he advertises on (http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=John_Halasz)
I did and also complained to the New York Better Business Bureau.

Thank you for reading.

An example of his work:

Through this practice, they are able to learn that work is the only way to acquire different things in life. In addition, when they are given them an allowance, adults should leave leave them to spend it on how what they want because once it is gone they will work even extra harder to acquire more. This will eventually teach them how to spend without wasting.

SindraalanPosts: 43
 Writer
Apr 7, 12, 04:46AM | #2
Firstly, why did you paid him before he delivered you the work. Secondly, $300 for 15 page report is too high a price. I always receive payment once I deliver the work. I would have charged $200 for 15page report.

SindraalanPosts: 43
 Writer
Apr 7, 12, 04:55AM | #3
Burned:
Hello all,This is just an example of what happend to me. Other people may have better experiences, though I doubt it. I ordered a 15-page custom written paper from Mr. John Halasz that was supposed to be publishable. I paid him in advance 300 US dollars. He said he would make corrections for free and in a timely manner. The length of the paper I received was an 11-page long, rambling mess full of basic grammar and punctuation mistakes. I contacted him via email <100writers@gmail.com> several times asking about when the mistakes would be corrected and have not heard back from him since.

If you want I can help you. Provide me your email address so that I can contact you.

pheelyks   Apr 7, 12, 11:22AM | #4
Sindraalan:
Firstly, why did you paid him before he delivered you the work

This is standard.

Sindraalan:
Secondly, $300 for 15 page report is too high a price.

This is actually too low for any decent writer that needs to make a living in the developed world (i.e. the US or UK). I wouldn't consider this for anything less than $450, and $300 is the bare minimum of what a legitimate company would charge (and even then, you're going to end up with one of the lower quality writers).

Sindraalan:
If you want I can help you.

Yes. I'm sure after this experience Burned really wants another ESL writer that they can't take legal action against.

TwigThreads: 2

Apr 8, 12, 12:57PM | #5
Burned:
Through this practice, they are able to learn that work is the only way to acquire different things in life. In addition, when they are given them an allowance, adults should leave leave them to spend it on how what they want because once it is gone they will work even extra harder to acquire more. This will eventually teach them how to spend without wasting.

The guy must have been half asleep while writing this or incompetent to write an excellent paper.

pheelyks   Apr 8, 12, 01:02PM | #6
Twig:
incompetent to write an excellent paper.

You would certainly know.

Writer for HirePosts: 13
 Writer
Apr 19, 12, 11:13PM | #7
I am John Halasz and I am puzzled by this post as I have had no such complaints by any customers. If you are a real customer, please call or email me and let me know the details.

I take pride in my writing abilities and customer satisfaction and they are overwhelmingly [url=I am John Halasz and I am puzzled by this post as I have had no such complaints by any customers. If you are a real customer, please call or email me and let me know the details. I take pride in my writing abilities and customer satisfaction and they are overwhelmingly positive:

My Legitimate Reviews from Actual Paying Customers:

http://myworld.ebay.com/examplepapers

Writer
Apr 19, 12, 11:21PM | #8
I am John Halasz and I am puzzled by this post as I have had no such complaints by any customers.

If you are a real customer, please call or email me and let me know the details.

I take pride in my writing abilities and customer satisfaction and they are overwhelmingly positive.

My Legitimate Reviews from Actual Paying Customers:

http://myworld.ebay.com/examplepapers

pheelyks   Apr 20, 12, 01:37AM | #9
It's kind of weird that all but one of the orders on which you received positive feedback is for about $10, and most of them appear to be SEO articles for random bullsh*t websites operated by people that wouldn't no good English if it bit them on the ass.

Writer
Apr 20, 12, 01:49AM | #10
pheelyks

Well that is irony at its finest. I believe you meant to say "know good English" instead of "no good English."
You know what they say about glass houses, don't you?

If you search deeper into my reviews you will find reviews for academic writing. Ebay no longer allows people to sell academic papers, but those positive reviews are also there if you look hard enough.

Writer
Apr 20, 12, 02:02AM | #11
Since you were not motivated enough or unknowing about how to find the other reviews, I have provided you a direct link to verify my top-quality academic writing feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSell er&userid=examplepapers&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=4&page=3

You can also scroll to the bottom and see the other pages too to confirm that my clients all attest that my work is A+ quality. I earned a 3.934 GPA and am a former writing teacher. I'm the real deal. Thank you.

Writer
Apr 20, 12, 02:17AM | #12
Make sure to choose "Feedback as a Seller."

There is one feedback from an ebayer who sold me a counterfeit electronics item.
He was upset that I contacted Ebay about the fraud and he wrote "Hope I Never Deal With Him Again."

Again, that comment was in response to the transaction I had with him as a BUYER of an electronic good and has no bearing of my writing.

Writer
Apr 20, 12, 02:48AM | #13
For those of you who are not aware of the scam being perpetrated by several essayscam.org members, let me break it down for you.
*********.Com, a fraudulent company with an atrocious record has several accounts and they spend an inordinate amount of time bashing legitimate writers like myself.

You can verify this through other members as well as by reading the posts written in their accounts.

Writer
Apr 20, 12, 02:56AM | #14
Make that "fraudulent" (this website does not allow you to edit after a few minutes).

Writer
Apr 20, 12, 03:15AM | #15
In response to the comment made by pheelyks, I am from the USA and I use to teach writing. I sure as heck am not ESL. LOL.

In response to the other comment by Sindraalan about "Firstly, why did you paid him before he delivered you the work," I believe you mean to say "pay."

I do offer installments whereby clients can order a few pages at first to ensure I will write excellent work.

Here is some more irony for you: Sindraalan just messaged me from here asking for a job. LOL. No thanks, bud. I'll pass on that one. I do not hire ESL writers, let alone those who cannot write. But good luck to you.

pheelyks   Apr 20, 12, 03:53AM | #16
Writer for Hire:
I am from the USA and I use to teach writing

I really hope you're lying, because you have no business practicing it as a profession let alone teaching it.

Since you feel like picking on other ESL mistakes, here's some of yours:

Writer for Hire:
I use to teach writing

*used

Writer for Hire:
I sure as heck am not ESL.

*not an ESL writer

or

*not an ESL speaker

Writer for Hire:
to ensure I will write excellent work.

Plain old awkward. *create excellent work, perhaps.

Writer for Hire:
Here is some more irony for you

That's not ironic.

Writer for Hire:
I do not hire ESL writers, let alone those who cannot write.

Completely wrong use of "let alone" as an idiomatic phrase.

Maybe you learned English as a child, I don't know. You didn't learn it form people that know how to speak it, though, and you didn't teach it at any accredited school for native speakers.

Writer
Apr 20, 12, 04:04AM | #17
I learned English from (not form) Canisius College where I earned my B.A. in English, the University of Buffalo where I earned my teaching degree, and from years of practice.

"used to" is also correct. Please see the following:
http://www.5minuteenglish.com/mar20.htm

If you need any further grammar lessons, feel free to contact me. I am glad to be of assistance.

I taught writing in a public school in Brooklyn New York (That's in the USA).

This is the last thing I am going to say on the subject. I try to stay above such trifling arguments. Again, I sincerely wish you well in your writing career, but no, I do not want to hire you.

pheelyks   Apr 20, 12, 04:18AM | #18
Writer for Hire:
I learned English from (not form)

Oh, good, you caught a typo. You must be very proud.

Writer for Hire:
"used to" is also correct.

Yes, it is. In fact, it's the only one that's correct. Too bad that's not what you wrote.

Writer for Hire:
If you need any further grammar lessons, feel free to contact me.

You haven't pointed out a single grammatical issue. Do you know what grammar means?

Writer for Hire:
I taught writing in a public school in Brooklyn New York

As a special ed aide?
Writer for Hire:
I do not want to hire you.

I earn about five times what you charge per page, so not only have I not asked you to hire me, I never would. Keep living the dream, though--delusion looks good on you.

Interestingly, none of the John Halaszs listed in Florida match the John Halaszs with New York teaching credentials. Hmmm...

Victim of OxbridgeThreads: 1
 Writer
Apr 20, 12, 05:15AM | #19
Mr. Halasz claims to be able to write scholarly work, but doesn't have access to library resources, and instead only relies on internet-based ones. How is it possible to write scholarly work with only sources that can be found online?

Writer
Apr 20, 12, 05:25AM | #20
If my clients ask for offline sources, I use offline sources. It is simply a matter of asking for it in the first place. If I have to physically go to the library, though, expect to pay more than $20 per page. Such research takes far longer.

The days of going to the library and using the Dewey Decimal system to find out dated sources is becoming obsolete. The vast majority of offline sources also have online versions. Schools have enormous databases of professional, peer-reviewed journals and books, not to mention that it takes about a year longer for printed versions to be published. This leads to outdated information.

pheelyks   Apr 20, 12, 05:29AM | #21
Writer for Hire:
out dated

That's one word, expert author.

Writer for Hire:
outdated

Weird. You got it right one time. I guess consistency isn't your strong suit, huh?

Writer
Apr 20, 12, 04:05PM | #22
Well, I have finally tracked down this client and am awaiting his response to rectify the situation. His emails were going to my spam box, but I have since fixed the problem. In the unlikely event I do not respond to an email within 24 hours please call me directly or instant message me directly from my website. I strive for 100% customer satisfaction. This entire incident is the result of a technological glitch that arose when gmail changed its layout and format. Again, in the unlikely event I do not respond to an email within 24 hours please call me directly or instant message me directly from my website. I am extremely responsive.

pheelyks   Apr 20, 12, 04:53PM | #23
Blah, blah, blah, got caught.

Writer
Apr 20, 12, 04:57PM | #24
pheelyks, I hope one day you find peace and happiness in your life.

pheelyks   Apr 20, 12, 08:26PM | #25
Thanks, John. I hope one day you learn how to write.

Victim of OxbridgeThreads: 1
 Writer
Apr 21, 12, 05:10AM | #26
Writer for Hire:
If my clients ask for offline sources, I use offline sources. It is simply a matter of asking for it in the first place. If I have to physically go to the library, though, expect to pay more than $20 per page. Such research takes far longer.

The days of going to the library and using the Dewey Decimal system to find out dated sources is becoming obsolete. The vast majority of offline sources also have online versions. Schools have enormous databases of professional, peer-reviewed journals and books

When first discussing this task, there was no mention of paying more than 20$ a page, rather than $25 a page, which is what I was quoted. Mr. Halasz had also told me before posting publicly here that he does not have access to offline sources before saying something different here, re: it would cost more. Besides, anyone who has experience with doing research for scholarly work knows full well that tertiary sources in the form of newspaper and magazine articles found online do not qualify as sources for scholarly research.

Yes, there are indeed published sources that are also found online in the books of e-books and e-journals, but not a majority of them, as is claimed, are available online, or are open access for that matter. In other sources, one needs to have access to a library to find them.

Hence, there is no complete substitute for library research, whether from one's computer anywhere or preferably on the library premises where the majority of scholarly resources are to be found. No longer going to the library therefore belongs to the realm of science fiction, and not common present reality.

It remains to be seen whether Mr. Halasz is going to be able to deliver the goods that I had paid for after telling me to wait for the next improved results and not post anything negative. I will gladly post a positive review if that is going to happen.

Company Representative
Aug 13, 12, 05:00AM | #27
Since contacting the Better Business Bureau and posting to this site Mr. Halasz has agreed to rewrite the paper I ordered.
I am now waiting on a revised version that addresses the various concerns I had.

Company Representative
Aug 15, 12, 08:06AM | #28
Mr. Halasz is, I believe, making the necessary revisions required to make the paper he rewrote publishable.

The paper he is revising one he freely chose to write instead of revising the first paper he wrote for me.

Michelle112233Posts: 1
 Student
Aug 24, 12, 09:27AM | #31
So half a year ago he wrote an academic paper for you, revised it, then rewrote it all together and now he is revising it yet again even after you insulted him and posted negative reviews that included the names of his other websites that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your academic order? And also, you are hiring him to write an academic paper for you and you have the audacity to call him untrustworthy and incompetent? It sounds to me like you should be the one getting negative reviews and not him. You sure show great character. I'd hire him in an instant! In fact, I just hired him to write my screenplay. No offense, but you sound like a real nutjob to me! Perhaps we will make you one of the characters in a psycho story. LOL

srandrewsThreads: 17
 Observer
Aug 25, 12, 10:46AM | #32
Based on this thread, Halasz seems, in casual messages, to be either a native speaker or near-native speaker of English. However, the academic sample in the original message does not look like writing from a native speaker. I once tried to hire some writers and came away disappointed after reviewing many, many samples from Indian and Filipino writers. I would put the sample in that category.

As to the writer who corrected Halasz for his use of "let alone"? Wrong. He used it correctly.

Company Representative
Sep 19, 12, 06:47AM | #34
Michelle112233
Yes Mr. Halasz wrote a paper over half a year ago and over four months of that time while I was trying to contact him concerning revisions my email was ignored due an email problem on his part.
He made no revisions to the first paper and chose to rewrite it on his own.
I listed Mr. Halasz's other websites because I have seen nothing in his behaviour that would suggests different behaviour simply because it was contracted though a different company.
Yes, I hired him to write a paper he agreed and did not produce the paper he said he would thus I consider him untrustworthy. THe incompetence comes from his writing ability.
Had I received the paper and submitted it for publication under my name alone then that would make me untrustworthy and unethical.

That you hired Mr. Halasz to write your screen play is your choice and is not my concern. I can only hope that it is a better experience than what I have had.

Company Representative
Sep 19, 12, 07:52AM | #35
Since I last posted to this thread (post #27, 28) at Mr. Halasz's insistance(1), the only revisions he has made was to put the references into MLA format.

The revisions I asked for were to provide supporting evidence to the ideas that he mentioned in the paper.
Mr. Halasz agreed to do so and mentioned several times that he was working on the revisions I asked for.
However, after several weeks Mr. Halasz said that making such revisions will require writing an additional four pages, which he will not do for free. He asked me to pay his going rate of 25$ a page in advance if I want to see the revisions. (2)

This is despite his originally telling me that he would make the revisions for free and advertising that he will revise until satisfied. (3)

(1) Mr. Halasz insisted that I post to this site stating he was making revisions otherwise he would not do any further work on the paper I asked for.
Date: 2012/8/15, Wed 20:04
Subject: Re: ESL Journal Rough Draft
I need you to update the site to reflect that I am revising again and have already rewritten the paper from scratch. Once that is done, I will make the additional references.
and
----- Original Message -----
Date: 2012/8/15, Wed 13:57
Ok. Please update the post with that information.

(2) I indicated the areas that I felt needed support and many minnor changes such as word order and use of prepositions using Track Changes in word. The majority of the ideas put forth by Mr. Halasz has some merit to the topic but had no support.

Date: 2012/9/12, Wed 10:28

I have been working on the paper more. If I am to add additional supporting information to every paragraph, this paper is going to end up being 5 pages longer than it is currently. I cannot and will not add an additional 5 pages for free, especially after rewriting completely for no additional charge. For now, I will convert the references to MLA. If you want to proceed with the additions, however, you will need to pay for them. My current rate is $25 per page. I will have the MLA within 3 days.

Date: 2012/9/18, Tue 01:23
Subject: Re: mla
I will make the 4 pages of additions when you pay for them. You can send payment via paypal to 100writers@gmail.com I am absolutely not writing 4 pages for free and am not entertaining the idea at all.

(3)

Date: 2011/12/15, Thu 00:20
Subject: ESL Journal

Yes, we will get it published. It for some reason it is not accepted the first time, I will edit it for free so you can resubmit.

And on Ebay Mr. Halasz* advertises:
Return policy
I will revise until you are satisfied!

*Please note that since this thread has started Mr. Halasz has changed his ebay profile from his name to examplepapers.

I have asked Mr. Halasz if he ever intends to fix the paper or not and am now waiting for his reply.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,
Con