EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Essay Services / answers: 120 - page 1 of 4

MasterPapers LLC (MasterPapers.com & Academia-Research.com) - Fake Address

WritersBeware  
Sep 22, 2008, 07:36PM | #1
MasterPapers LLC (MasterPapers.com & Academia-Research.com) - Fake Address

In an effort to protect both consumers and freelance writers, I arranged for someone to visit the "corporate" address of "Masterpapers LLC" (MasterPapers.com & Academia-Research.com), which owns, operates, and/or promotes the following, verifiably untrustworthy/deceptive Web sites that are actually based in Ukraine:

Academia-Research.com
CustomEssays.co.uk
EssayCapital.com

FastCompanyFormation.com
(Hmmm, a site that specializes in helping offshore deceivers set-up American shell companies in order to fool American consumers . . . .)

GrandResume.com
MA-Dissertartions.com
MA-Dissertations.com
ResearchEdge.net
ResumecvService.com
SuperiorContent.com
VdWriters.com

THE DECEPTION:

The Ukrainian owner, operator, and/or promoter of MasterPapers.com / Academia-Research.com, Alexey Vitchenko, deceives American consumers by advertising that MasterPapers.com is physically located at the following address:

Masterpapers LLC
41 State Street
Suite 106
Albany, NY 12207

The average, unsuspecting customer with no prior knowledge of MasterPapers' fraudulent tactics may be tricked into purchasing from MasterPapers.com due to its FAKE, "American" address and blatant lies about its writers' qualifications.

THE TRUTH:

The corporate address of "MasterPapers LLC" in Albany, New York is utterly fake. That's right--according to authorities, it's a completely fabricated address! albanymanagement.com/commercial-real-estate/commercial-re al-estate.html - Albany Management owns and leases the suites in the upscale building at 41 State Street. On September 22, 2008, the building manager (Darlene Carey) verbally confirmed that MasterPapers is not a tenant of 41 State Street. In fact, she told the investigator that there is no "Suite 106" at all. It doesn't even exist!

Street sign:

img443.imageshack.us/img443/7082/albanybuilding4xa0.jpg

Outside of 41 State Street:

img258.imageshack.us/img258/9558/albanybuilding6ym3.jpg

Front door of 41 State Street:

img527.imageshack.us/img527/1927/albanybuilding5et1.jpg

Building directory that supports the building manager's verbal confirmation that "Suite 106" does not exist:

img229c.imageshack.us/img229/253/albanybuildingrw6.jpg

Building directory close-up:

img90.imageshack.us/img90/5892/albanybuilding2pa8.jpg

Lobby of 41 State Street:

img90.imageshack.us/img90/8595/albanybuilding10gu2.jpg

Alexy Vitchenko's 2004 registration of MasterPapers.com:

img530.imageshack.us/img530/1962/masterpapersdomainhistopc0.jpg

More information:
http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/9/proof-alexey-vitchenko-ukraine-regist ered-masterpapers-com-263/

essayfraud.org/forum/Owner-Masterpapers-alexey-Vitchenko-t309.htm l

Oct 4, 2008, 12:12PM | #2
Hi everybody,

I ordered some admission essays to Masterpapers and received them all. I am very pleased of the quality of these essays -so what if the owner is Ukrainian?
The final result is important.
I do not have any connection with this company , except that I received my essays in a very short time and well written. This is important for me.

All the best !

WritersBeware  
Oct 4, 2008, 01:12PM | #3
dolphililiacu:
Hi everybody,

I ordered some admission essays to Masterpapers and received them all. I am very pleased of the quality of these essays -so what if the owner is Ukrainian?
I do not have any connection with this company , except that I received my essays in a very short time and well written. This is important for me.

All the best !

Liar. Take a hike, Alexey.

WritersBeware  
Oct 21, 2008, 01:59PM | #5
fancyfree:
While doing my first doctorate, I was working for Academia as a premium writer for more than 2 years and had to leave when they started stealing money from me, which usually happens during summer days. If they know that you are leaving, then you can forget about your last salary.

Well, that's their modus operandi.

Oct 21, 2008, 08:49PM | #6
dolphililiacu:
ordered some admission essays to Masterpapers and received them all. I am very pleased of the quality of these essays -so what if the owner is Ukrainian?

If this is your only concern, then you're not being a racist since you're not bothered about who wrote your paper, which is outright objectivity! However, Masterpapers and other sites must stand on their real identities so as not to be branded fraudulent for posing as American or British citizens to consumers of various nationalities who take them for what they claim themselves to be, including their writers. Not a difficult task though, if only to end the massive campaigns against them being fraudulant. That, and paying writers on time as well as campaigning for quality essays will solve all the discomforing issues and problems we face today.

WritersBeware  
Oct 24, 2008, 01:50AM | #7
Trying to defend MasterPapers is like trying to polish a turd--it's useless.

Oct 24, 2008, 04:39AM | #8
Writing sites must act now to rectify their bad deeds. If they are Ukrainian or Pakistani, they should claim that they are, pay writers their dues and on time, and require them to deliver good quality essays in the satisfaction of the customers.

There the story ends.

WritersBeware  
Nov 24, 2008, 06:08PM | #9
The fraud is still ongoing.

WritersBeware  
Dec 22, 2008, 03:11PM | #10
writinghood.com/Online-Writing/Academia-Research-Exposed-as-a-Sca m.240057 - Academia-Research.com - Scam Report

May 14, 2009, 07:56PM | #11
WB ... discovered that you are probably the only one here who has something to say!

Anyway - Academia-Research is owned by Alexei Vitchenko, who poses as Alex Wesson. He now claims that the company is owned by Victoria Gatehouse! The only Victoria there that I know of is this Yaroslava character. Seriously, why do they keep hiding behind these false names? If their intentions towards customers and writers were above board, they realy wouldn't need to. I am not saying that Ukranians should not be in the business but am saying that those who are should be honest about their identity, at the very least!

WritersBeware  
May 14, 2009, 08:07PM | #12
OxbridgeResearchers:
WB ... discovered that you are probably the only one here who has something to say!

Thank you. Unfortunately, I will soon cease posting altogether if the owners don't take action to rid this forum of frauds and liars. I'm absolutely done. It's not worth my stress.

I'm interested in seeing the source of your information. How and where did you get it?

I find it quite interesting that their Ukrainian comrades at EssayWriters.net also have purportedly completed a "change of ownership." Hmmm . . . .

May 14, 2009, 08:15PM | #13
I know their real names because worked there for 3 years and took pdf shots of all the orders (and their message boards) I ever worked on ... closed to 700. In one of them there was an exchange between Admin members and they referred to one another using their real names. Linda Jones, for instance, signed off "Ludiya(Linda)." Added to that, one of their former Admin members (and Alexei's ex-friend) left the company and spilled the beans (he wanted to recruit me).

As for the Victoria Gatehouse thing, I heard it from 2 current writers (but dismissed it) and then again today from another. Apparently Alex is denying ownership and telling writers that he is just on the "staff."

Yes - Essaywriters is another piece of work!

May 14, 2009, 08:18PM | #14
WritersBeware:
I find it quite interesting that their Ukrainian comrades at EssayWriters.net also have purportedly completed a "change of ownership." Hmmm

Dear ...,

We are glad to announce some important news for you. Recently there have been some big changes, for one the company is now under new ownership. The company acquisition process is over and the new owner is looking for a new direction in writer relations and cooperation. We are pleased to present the new interface of our website and Terms and Conditions of cooperation. The new version of the website will be launched along with the old one so you will be able to choose the variant that is most convenient for you. You may also find the new policies by clicking on the Terms and Conditions link. We are expecting the summer season to be just as active as the spring season and hope for our continued successful cooperation together.

Thank you for your hard work!

Check the current available orders on EssayWriters.Net.

Warm regards,

Management of Writers' Dept

WritersBeware  
May 14, 2009, 08:46PM | #17
OxbridgeResearchers:
Seriously, why do they keep hiding behind these false names [and addresses]?

Well, doing so falsely leads both customers and writers to believe that essaywriters.net[DND*] and its consumer-end sites (like bestessays.com[DND*], rushessay.com[DND*], superiorpapers.com[DND*], etc.) are bound by and adhere to American laws. It gives potential writers and customers a false sense of security in the misguided belief that they will have direct, legal recourse against an American entity in the event that this purportedly "American, US-based" company defrauds them.

Heck, the fine people at Academia-Research.com, MasterPapers.com, EssayCapital.com, etc. have their own site (FastCompanyFormation.com) that teaches other foreigners how to make a fake, "American" company for the distinct purpose of fooling the public:

----------------------------
"US Corporations do not only combine limited liability and asset protection, they also provide the respect and prestige of running a big business. They are part of the American dream. Talking about a US Corporation automatically raises the idea of wealth, power and competence.

There is no paid up capital required and the whole procedure usually just takes a few days. The incorporation fees are just 490,- Euro. WSR can form your company in every state and provide additional services others cannot provide, such as nominee directors, virtual offices with prestigious addresses and bank accounts."
----------------------------

SOURCE:
fastcompanyformation.com

May 14, 2009, 08:47PM | #18
An extremely interesting investigative report! Fingers-crossed that someone similarly expose masterpapers, etc.
WB - if I showed you some of the work produced by their writers (the company usually came crying to me to redo it), you would not believe the standard! Apart from rampant plagiarism, the work invariably displays incredibly bad English, very poor research and terribly thin content. Their so-called Quality Department is hardly in a position to review the work as they, themselves, barely speak the language!

May 14, 2009, 08:57PM | #19
WritersBeware:
Well, doing so falsely leads both customers and writers to believe that EssayWriters.net and its consumer-end sites (like BestEssays.com, RushEssays.com, SuperiorPapers.com, etc.) are bound by and adhere to American laws. It gives potential writers and customers a false sense of security in the misguided belief that they will have direct, legal recourse against an American entity in the event that this purportedly "American, US-based" company defrauds them.

Yes ... when I told Alex that I was going to sue the heck out of them, he actually said (via message board), `that's assuming you know who we are or where we are!'

WritersBeware  
May 14, 2009, 09:04PM | #20

WritersBeware  
May 14, 2009, 09:17PM | #21
By the way, beware of their newest site, ParamountEssays.com. It contains the same, old, tired lies. For example:

paramountessays.com:
All the term papers are drafted by native speaking writers having the requisite expertise pertaining to the topic of investigation.

Now, this one will literally make you laugh out loud:

paramountessays.com:
We Appreciate Transparency at Paramountessays.com

May 14, 2009, 09:30PM | #23
WritersBeware:
native speaking writers

native speaking writers my foot. I can prove that the majority do not even speak English properly as a second language.

WritersBeware:
requisite expertise pertaining to the topic of investigation

I see ... so that's why they kept trying to pass on health and medical essays/dissertations to me despite my repeatedly telling them that I was ignorant on either topicand not qualified ...

WritersBeware:
We Appreciate Transparency at Paramountessays.com

Yes, Alex is a great believer in transparency with the evidence being the multiple false personas he adopts.

What I don't get is that when customers call them up, can't they hear the accents on the other end of the phone? Why would people with very American-sounding names speak in heavily-accented English and make grammar mistakes throughout? Or how about when customers message them ... can't they see that Admin really does not understand English?

WritersBeware  
May 14, 2009, 09:32PM | #24
Here are some additional, new sites that they have created:

bestessay4u.com
fastessays.co.uk
paramountessays.com
samedayessay.com

Writers and customers, beware!

May 14, 2009, 09:54PM | #26
WritersBeware:
Here are some additional, new sites that they have created:

Why would they create so many sites? Especially that they appear to use the same writers. It's like creating 10 company names in the same building with the same staff.
Sigfield

May 15, 2009, 01:18AM | #27
Major:
Why would they create so many sites? Especially that they appear to use the same writers. It's like creating 10 company names in the same building with the same staff.

Marketing tactics.
1-Build a brand through quality service and customer satisfaction. Requires consistency.
2- Build multiple brands with different USPs (Unique Selling Proposition). Just as P&G markets several brands of Shampoos, soaps, and so on. In essay writing business a legit company could operate multiple sites catering to specific customers and providing services that are actually different. One site could be specializing in Science, another in Arts, one could be charging premium for better customer support, and so on. Some could be operating multiple sites just because different lay-outs, colors and other details attract particular types of customers. Just one example: (dont have source) it was found websites with red themes are more popular amongst women.
3- A fraud company trying to ripoff people, that does not care about brand image keeps opening new sites to trap people. When their scam stories spread, they come with a new name. It also increases the probability that a dissatisfied customer who intends to use a different service will drop by at another trap site. If there are total 100 essay writing sites and if company X owns 15. It increases the probability that the customer may shop again from one of the sites company X operates. This was a very simple example actual probabilities include more factors such as search engine rankings and so on.

Feel free to ask more.

WritersBeware  
May 15, 2009, 01:29AM | #28
In this case, one need provide no reason outside of #3.

May 15, 2009, 06:52AM | #29
dolphililiacu:
so what if the owner is Ukrainian?

It matters when the owner conceals his identity, uses multiple false names and poses as Alex Wesson, rather than Alexei Vitchenko. It matters when he deprives customers of their right to choose - and he does that by claiming that he is American, has a physical location in the US and hires academically and linguistically qualified writers. It matters because the web of lies and deceit he has woven around himself and the company are a sure indication of bad intentions. It matters because, in legal terms, he is acting in `bad faith.' Dishonesty always matters ...

May 15, 2009, 07:18AM | #30
Major:
Especially that they appear to use the same writers

They do use the same writers. Whatever the webite they use, all orders go to Academia-Research. A-R writers are not even made aware of the client-end websites (most know of masterpapers but not of the others). With this company it is all about concealment and deceit ...

WritersBeware  
Sep 13, 2009, 02:48AM | #32
Beware of a new site that they have created to attract gullible writers:

kpwriting.com

WritersBeware  
Sep 13, 2009, 03:05AM | #33
Beware of four (4) new sites that they have created to attract gullible customers:

Researchpaperstar.com
Researchpaperwriter.net
Termpaperstar.com
Termpaperwriter.org

As one can see, they try to lure unsuspecting customers with attractive Web design, which has absolutely nothing to do with quality research and writing.

Get a load of this lying smut on the home page of termpaperwriter.org:

"We employ the best and most professional essay writers, most with Masters or PhD levels of education, and have established a precedent in delivering high quality First Class and A+ assignments for more than a dozen years."

"We have hired an expert team of professional English-speaking writers from the UK, Canada, Australia and the United States, and have maintained a high caliber of service, which is unfortunately unmatched by other essay writing companies."

There are dozens of similar lies throughout each site.

Sep 13, 2009, 03:41AM | #34
WritersBeware:
There are dozens of similar lies throughout each site.

Where does one even begin?? A dozen years, qualified writers, native writers ... MY FOOT. By the way - it really is not fair! These people operate in some no man's land and are able to lie through the teeth and get away with it. Some of us actually do not have that option! We would be reported to the Office of Fair Trading (if they don't catch us themselves) and forced to pay the piper. The way I see it: 1) the UK should not allow any Tom, Dick or Harry to register a UK company online if the company cannot be held accountable under UK law (most are not because they have ZERO connection to the country) or, 2) they should allow the rest of us to go about publishing false claims and not hold us accountable.

WritersBeware  
Sep 13, 2009, 03:51AM | #36
OxbridgeResearchers:
If only customers could see the order message boards ... the exchanges between writers and admin!

Post them here!

WritersBeware  
Sep 13, 2009, 04:17AM | #38
OxbridgeResearchers:
trying - what file types are allowed? tried jpeg and bmp ... got an error

It has to be under 500k.

pheelyks  
Sep 13, 2009, 01:38PM | #40
WritersBeware:
Trying to defend MasterPapers is like trying to polish a turd--it's useless.

They actually did this on a MythBusters once. It was actually pretty damn cool.

Not that I'd want one for a paperweight, or anything. I'm just saying...

Forum / Essay Services /

25 users online in the last hour