EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered [17]  
  help    or 
Forum / Essay Services /

Is it possible to request that you don't get a certain writer

dragon24Threads: 2
 Student
May 15, 12, 04:43AM | #1
I received had a C+ paper (my personal grade of the quality) my first go around with academon. The main problem was the writer was ESL, it took hours of rewriting to clean it up, after I requested a rewrite. I liked the site (not a scam) but I am curious about how I can avoid getting this writer again or other ESL writers? I am preparing to spend $500 today on another 18 page paper (IT security corporate management report white paper) for a Friday submittal and I don't have the time to do a rewrite again.

Any help is appreciated? I am willing to use ****** if I can pick a good writer (non-ESL).

Student
May 15, 12, 11:00AM | #3
stu4,

Not trying to be mean or you might just be joking, but to answer your question they write like you. My wife and I had a few ESL friends in college in California, they always left out or misplaced the small support words (can, is, the, be, an) or forgot to pluralize words.

"How you can tell you got ESL writer? "

My grammar is nothing great by far (that is why I am here), but that sentence should have been something like... How can you tell you had a ESL writer?

stu4Threads: 29
 Observer
May 15, 12, 11:06AM | #4
I mean - when you paid for service, you assume you get a native speaker? Or you knew you get ESL writer?

Student
May 15, 12, 12:04PM | #5
Yes, I assumed that I would get a native speaker. It was a reputable site that has options for English vs British language and spelling style. It might just be my own ignorance of this industry to think that I could get a native English speaker every time. I don't have a problem with ESL writers if they can do the job, but from my experience (1 paper) and the many hours reading posts on this website they usually can't. My master assignments will always cost $500 and I want assurance that they can write English as well as a native speaker. This requirement would be no different if an Indian student wanted a paper from me, if I was a writer in his native language.

Observer
May 15, 12, 12:16PM | #6
Why you choose them in the first place? Sorry it happen. Now you see listening to what peddlers and bullies here claim is expensive lesson.

pheelyks   May 15, 12, 12:29PM | #7
dragon, you're more likely to get a better writer if you pay a higher rate.

stu4, your arguments don't make any sense.

pheelyks   May 15, 12, 01:07PM | #9
I don't know what happened, stu4. Despite your assertions to the contrary, I'm not actually an employee at any company. I'm a writer. I do know that if the customer brought this to the attention of the admin it would be dealt with fairly.

Student
May 15, 12, 01:20PM | #11
pheelyks

@pheelyks Is it possible to request a non ESL writer up front to an admin as suggested at any reputable website? How much more should I expect to pay, $28 a page is pretty expensive. I also didn't choose the price it was set automatically at the website by page and length of time for assignment. If I could pay a writer $28 a page directly, without a company taking a cut I would.

@stu4 I choose them after hours of research on this site, freelancewriter works for the company, he DID NOT write the paper. It was not a scam just not the level of quality I desire.

Observer
May 15, 12, 01:28PM | #12
Avoid any writer without his own website. If you get scamed, the writer changes his email (before you get scamed, he probably has dozen emails already just in case) and you screwed.

If writer has personal website, its much harder to change it and you have much more protection (client dont look by email if someone else was scamed, but by website URL).

WritersBeware   May 15, 12, 01:32PM | #13
dragon24:
Not trying to be mean or you might just be joking, but to answer your question they write like you [i.e., stu4].

LMAO! Very true.

WritersBeware   May 15, 12, 01:39PM | #15
stu4:
True, but scammed client not laughing.

You have NO PROOF, as usual. On the other hand, I have plenty of proof, including:
dragon24:
It was not a scam

Stewy, you worthless Ukrainian charlatan, don't be mad just because you can't compete fairly with superior companies and superior writers.

Observer
May 15, 12, 01:43PM | #16
WritersBeware:
You have NO PROOF, as usual.

So now if company promise to only use native English speaker and then client gets illiterate ESL writer, it's no scam? Read the thread, then post BS.

WritersBeware   May 15, 12, 01:48PM | #17
stu4:
So now if company promise to only use native English speaker and then client gets illiterate ESL writer,

That is the case with ALL of your sites, except that you do it INTENTIONALLY in order to increase profits. You charge high rates to customers (to whom you LIE about providing only native English-speaking writers) and pay peanuts to almost exclusively ESL, foreign writers.

Observer
May 15, 12, 01:53PM | #18
Amuzing. So it was not intentional now? LOLz. Just like all scam was no company knowledge. LMAO. Your site scam busted - it was not intentional. Your competion busted - it was all intentional. You funny.

FreelanceWriterThreads: 5
 Writer
May 15, 12, 02:28PM | #19
dragon24:
@pheelyks Is it possible to request a non ESL writer up front to an admin as suggested at any reputable website? How much more should I expect to pay, $28 a page is pretty expensive. I also didn't choose the price it was set automatically at the website by page and length of time for assignment. If I could pay a writer $28 a page directly, without a company taking a cut I would.

@stu4 I choose them after hours of research on this site, freelancewriter works for the company, he DID NOT write the paper. It was not a scam just not the level of quality I desire.

Sorry, Dragon. We don't necessarily take every request, especially when it's totally out of our preferred areas or when we're already booked solid with work. In that case, we can release it to the board for other writers immediately if we see it or it will go public for other writers automatically after 3 hours if we don't take it. If you are absolutely sure that you don't want any other writer besides your requested writer, you can say that in your order description and that you want a refund if that writer isn't available for it. You could also specify that no ESL writer is acceptable and that you will dispute the charge if you receive any ESL writing. The first is easy to enforce; the second might be more difficult because you'd have to convince your cc company that it's ESL writing. Both should deter any ESL writer from taking the order and the company would probably refund the order without a dispute and charge it against a writer who disregards your specifications, but I couldn't say for sure.

pheelyks   May 15, 12, 02:42PM | #20
dragon24:
$28 a page is pretty expensive.

No, it really isn't. It's all relative, I suppose, but here's the deal: there are ESL writers who do this full time and can live like kings earning $17/page (this is assuming the writer gets 60% of what you pay, which is a fair rough estimate), and there are native writers who do this very part-time and usually rather fleetingly who might be OK earning this as their sole source of income for a short time or as a supplement to other sources of income, but as a long-term job this rate simply isn't going to cut it for anyone of intelligence and drive (i.e. the people you want writing your paper).

Given that native writers have to pay pretty high taxes on what they earn (I pay a little under 20% of everything I earn to the government, not counting sales tax), the real earning rate of the $17/page drops to about $14/page. Assuming your writer can research/write an average of three pages an hour, you're looking at $42/hour (not counting the time spent messaging customers and dealing with other miscellaneous tasks). Doesn't sound too bad, and it isn't terrible, but then there's all the things that a "real" job gives you that this one doesn't--health insurance, a retirement plan, some semblance of security, etc. Then there's the fact that the job is highly seasonal, so if you don't earn enough in the spring to get you through the summer you have to find a new job, and chances are the people that are good at this are tired of working as baristas (I know I was).

Anyone that is truly intelligent enough to do this work well coud go find an office job that would ultimately lead to better security and a higher salary, and a more stable income. So the good writers either charge more or move on. $17/page is a possible summer rate for a good, full-time writer, but it simply isn't going to get you top quality during the busy season.

Remember, expense is relative. $10 is an expensive Big Mac, but $20 is a cheap filet mignon. Maybe you can't afford the steak on your budget, and it's good to have that level of knowledge and control over your finances, but that doesn't make the steak over-priced.

Observer
May 15, 12, 09:17PM | #21
pheelyks:
I pay a little under 20% of everything I earn to the government, not counting sales tax

So you make like 20K a year? You vote for Mr. Obama too? 20% is for low earner and uneducated writers like you.

pheelyks:
Assuming your writer can research/write an average of three pages an hour

Only you can do it coz you copy from Wiki and rewrite. Serious writer cannot do more then 2 pages.

pheelyks:
health insurance

Drop weight and your rate drop too. Simple solution found on Wikipedia too.

pheelyks:
Anyone that is truly intelligent enough to do this work well coud go find an office job that would ultimately lead to better security and a higher salary

Yes, but uneducated like you have no chance in real world.

pheelyks:
$10 is an expensive Big Mac, but $20 is a cheap filet mignon.

You take 2 Big Mac in one session and you complain of health care rate?

pheelyks:
but that doesn't make the steak over-priced

Huh? You over eat again today?

pheelyks   May 15, 12, 10:52PM | #22
stu4:
So you make like 20K a year?

No. Both your logic and your math skills suck if you derived this from my above comment.

stu4:
Serious writer cannot do more then 2 pages.

How would you know?

Student
May 16, 12, 02:36AM | #23
Pheelyks thanks for taking the time to explain the details of your profession. Once I get my post count up I will send you or other writers if your are unavailable, a request for assistance on my next assignment with a rate commensurate to the quality and experience described in your post.

Student
May 16, 12, 02:45AM | #24
FreelanceWriter - Appreciate the advice. I think the first option will work best, as it will be pretty difficult to explain to a cc company that the product written was from an ESL writer and not the quality of service desired. There is just one problem though with the first option...I don't know any writers to use the request a writer option.

Does anyone have a list of writers that they used before (you can send me an email) so I can use the request a writer option on one of the non scam websites like academon or ******?

editor75Threads: 13

May 16, 12, 06:28AM | #25
FreelanceWriter:
if you are absolutely sure that you don't want any other writer besides your requested writer, you can say that in your order description

this is a good idea.

pheelyks:
tired of working as baristas (I know I was)

I was getting so tired of Pheelyks bragging about how much money he makes. this reminiscing about the poet's barista days is a refreshing change of pace. tell me, lunchbox, did you report the coffee house to the board of health, or were they nice to you? how many pastries did you have to steal, just to get by?

pheelyks   May 16, 12, 09:58AM | #26
editor75:
I was getting so tired of Pheelyks bragging about how much money he makes.

Right. Because I do that all the time (like, when prompted by your questions).

The way you pick fights when you're lonely is really sad.

th63Threads: 1

May 16, 12, 10:49AM | #27
stu4:

So you make like 20K a year? You vote for Mr. Obama too? 20% is for low earner and uneducated writers like you.

If you work from overseas like I did for many years, then there is no need to pay U.S. taxes, and even in the U.S. there is a way to reduce all the taxes that the self-employed have to pay by taking deductions for a home office. Even so, it is a highly seasonal "career" and the summer months are generally dead. Nothing can be done about that.

It is a good enough job for people who like to work at home and spend time on the computer, as long as you keep looking around for higher rates of pay and avoid the orders that don't pay very well. You also have to avoid the companies that cheat you and the customers that try to screw around with you in order to get themselves a free paper--or those that simply submit bogus orders because they are really working for some rival company.

As for Mr. Obama, I will vote for him regardless since the Republicans have led the country into the worst disaster since the 1930s.

th63Threads: 1

May 16, 12, 10:55AM | #28
And no, I don't exactly regard it as a steady, stable, long-term career for a whole host of reasons. At some point, I suspect there's going to be a real crackdown on this "industry" by the state and federal governments because of complaints about cheating and academic fraud by the universities, no matter that the majority of customers seem to be ESL students with an extremely poor command of English.

pheelyks   May 16, 12, 11:21AM | #29
th63:
If you work from overseas like I did for many years, then there is no need to pay U.S. taxes

This is a huge generalization. There are many ways you might still end up paying US taxes living overseas.

th63:
there is a way to reduce all the taxes that the self-employed have to pay by taking deductions for a home office.

This is very true, but (depending on your earnings) you can still face a significant tax burden. Writing off too much is a good way to get audited (and, you now, it's legally and ethically wrong).

WritersBeware   May 16, 12, 11:57AM | #30
th63:
I suspect there's going to be a real crackdown on this "industry" by the state and federal governments because of complaints about cheating and academic fraud by the universities

Wrong. Universities already tried and failed. It's basically a double jeopardy situation, and the powers that be in academia know it. Plus, there's the small matter of the First Amendment.

jennyproofreadPosts: 8

May 17, 12, 12:10PM | #32
Very difficult to know , although there are some guys that 'apparently' can tell

unoriginalPosts: 1

May 23, 12, 07:43PM | #33
I tried to request "only FreelanceWriter" the other day but didn't get them

FreelanceWriterThreads: 5
 Writer
May 23, 12, 10:12PM | #34
unoriginal:
I tried to request "only FreelanceWriter" the other day but didn't get them

I'm sorry, but we usually have constant deadlines...much more often than not, multiple deadlines every day.
We can't necessarily take every request and sometimes people request us for topics we don't really do because
they like our work on previous papers or because they heard of us on this forum. I appreciate the request though.
I have been writing for some of the best American essay companies since 2003. I'm a law school graduate located in NYC and my personal essay service website is nycfreelancewriter.homestead.com

helpmeASAPPosts: 14

Jun 2, 12, 04:16PM | #35
If you know the writer you want to reach, you can send them the writers name upfront and they will ask the writer if he/she can do the paper.
At that point it is all up to the writer you picked to take your essay or not.