EssayDirectory - best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered [12]  
  help    or 
Forum / Essay Services /

How many essay sites out there?

rogerbThreads: 5

Oct 21, 10, 06:55PM | #1
How many essay writing websites are out there? Has anyone counted them? Trying to figure out if it would be hard to kill my competition +). I mean both company websites and individual freelance essay writers, if possible :).

Is it about 1,000, or more?

pheelyks   Oct 21, 10, 07:36PM | #2
roger, you don't provide real competition to decent companies or writers. f*ck off.

Oct 21, 10, 07:44PM | #3
What if I create 400 new sites? Your sites would then be burried, maybe you should start partnership with me.

pheelyks   Oct 21, 10, 07:59PM | #4
Given that there are probably over 5000 different websites offering the same services, I really don't think the addition of 400 more is going to "bury" the ones I work for, even if they weren't run by an incompetent moron like yourself By all means, go ahead--let's see what happens.

pheelyks   Oct 21, 10, 08:18PM | #6
I am not in the least bit hurt or threatened by you. I wish you would leave the industry so I didn't have to deal with so many pissed off and hyper-sensitive customers, but that's the only real issue I have with you.

We do not operate in the same territory. You write sh*tty essays for customers that don't know any better and you get paid d*ck to produce them. I get paid a substantial income to write good, coherent, and grammatically correct papers for customers that know how (or at least are lucky enough) to find reputable companies that hire decent writers.

Care to let the discerning readers on this forum know where you work? I'm sure the mods won't consider it a recommendation or advertisement--your posts are more dissuasive than anything else.

Oct 21, 10, 08:35PM | #7
I don't want to hurt your feelings so I don't answer off-topic questions. I just wanted to know the number of essay sites.

pheelyks   Oct 22, 10, 12:26AM | #8
rogerb:
I don't want to hurt your feelings

Don't worry. I'm a big boy. I've been insulted on this forum by people who are much better at it than you and haven't had my feelings hurt yet.
rogerb:
I don't answer off-topic questions

I didn't ask any questions. If what you meant was, "I don't respond to off-topic statements," my reply would be, "You've been responding to me in this thread so far." Either way you look at it, you're pretty much a moron.
rogerb:
I just wanted to know the number of essay sites.

Right. As if someone has actually counted them all, and makes sure that their count is accurate by checking up on these sites on a daily basis (they come and go with great regularity). I'm not sure what your angle is, but the retard bus is leaving...better get on board.

forumregulatorThreads: 1

Oct 22, 10, 04:36AM | #9
You can use the 'combination' function (its symbol is something like nCr) in your calculator to estimate the total number of sites offering academic assistance. You will need to 'combine' all the adjectives in the english language with the word 'essays' (so that the resultant word is something like bestessays, rushessays and so on) and after that replace 'essays' with 'papers'. I think it will return a figure of 1 million or more. And 80% of them are in the hands of a few.

pheelyks   Oct 22, 10, 11:28AM | #10
nCr is a probability calculation, and in no way reflects a count of essay sites. As an estimation tool for this scenario, it is grossly inaccurate and unfounded at best.

forumregulatorThreads: 1

Oct 22, 10, 02:09PM | #11
Allow me to use a simple example to justify my proposition. Lets assume that the words rush, fast, best, total, custom and plagiarismfree could be used as prefixes for papers, essays, writing and research to describe writing companies. Examples of site names would be totalessays, totalpapers, totalwriting, totalresearch and so on. But how do you find out the number of times these two groups can be combined? There are 7 prefixes and 4 words, so the total number of possible combinations will given by 7C4, which which gives 35. The answer you get is absolute and not relative as the case should be for probability functions such as poisson or binomial. nCr is useful for establishing sample sizes, which can then be used to establish specific probabilities but that does not limit its use to probability. So to the extent that you have dismissed this proposition as unfounded, I disagree, but on inaccuracy, you are probably right.

pheelyks   Oct 22, 10, 02:45PM | #12
it is unfounded because it implies a finite data set that does not really exist. I understand your reasoning, and it is a creative way to approach the problem, but language cannot be broken down into math (despite Chomsky's attempts to fully describe Cartesian linguistic principles--which is of course an altogether different topic, but brining it up makes me feel smart).

Of course, now we're totally ff topic, and that won't make roger too happy...

pheelyks   Oct 22, 10, 04:51PM | #14
rogerb:
Better estimate would be about 2,500.

Of course. It makes perfect sense that you would ask a questions, have no idea how to go about answering it, then provide your own answer out of nowhere as a means of correcting the one person that actually tried to help you. Now you're an a$$hole in addition to being a moron. Congrats.

EW_writerThreads: 27

Oct 22, 10, 04:52PM | #15
pheelyks:
nCr is a probability calculation, and in no way reflects a count of essay sites.

Nope, it's a counting formula. It can be used for determining probabilities but it has uses aside from that (counting the number of ways that etc. etc..). However you're right, forumregulator's use of it is too assumptive.

pheelyks   Oct 22, 10, 06:54PM | #16
EW_writer:
Nope, it's a counting formula.

True. It's been awhile since I've been in a math class. I think I've only ever seen it used as a larger part of probability calculations, however--counting the number of existing options to determine the probability of a single (or multiple) option(s) happening. Poker hands, for instance. Although that would actually use nPr, wouldn't it....?

Oct 22, 10, 07:06PM | #17
pheelyks:
Although that would actually use nPr, wouldn't it....?

Nope. Calculating the probability of poker hands use nCr, since hands are valued the same regardless of arrangement. For example, a hand of 3A2K is a full house regardless if the player arranged them as AAKKA or AAAKK.

pheelyks   Oct 22, 10, 07:12PM | #18
right. back to 9th grade for me....

Oct 22, 10, 07:22PM | #19
Nah, it's not like you actually need to use it for anything. As far as the topic is concerned, you're right that using nCr is not an appropriate way for determining how many term paper sites exist. Also, counting the number of term paper sites IS pointless. In my opinion, rogerb was just trying to advertise his services.

pheelyks   Oct 22, 10, 07:26PM | #20
EW_writer:
In my opinion, rogerb was just trying to advertise his services.

As with most of his threads, of course. Though I can't imagine it works out too well for him (and woe betide the customers that seek him out).

pheelyks   Oct 22, 10, 10:39PM | #22
7eme:
guys are there actually any legit custom-writing sites out there?

Yes. They are simply overshadowed and outnumbered by the shady ones.

7emeThreads: 1

Oct 23, 10, 06:49AM | #23
is there any service that can point me in the right direction of finding a legit one??? It seems that 90% of the writing services out there are just full of S****.

WritersBeware   Oct 23, 10, 01:15PM | #24
Recommendations are not allowed.

"12. The EssayScam Forum (that includes the private message system) is not a place for advertisements or publicity in any way. EssayScam and its moderators have the sole discretion to determine what constitutes an advertisement. Violators may be temporarily or permanently suspended."

Disclaimer, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy