MCG (Formerly Minimax Consulting)-new name, same bad business
Well obviously, someone has them running scared. Good job, whoever you are! But don't be fooled. This is the same, deplorable company owned by Charlotte and Peter Chabot. Peter (former owner of Chabot Investments) was convicted on Securities and Exchange Commission fraud in 2003, and served a prison stint and had to pay over 1 mil in restitutions. Here is the link:
If you read their reviews at MeasuredUp.com and elsewhere, you will see clearly for yourself their undeniable and blatant disregard for the writing-blocked individual, and clearly have forged a niche by which to prey on such inidividuals. If they don't hesitate to cheat the common man daily, imagine what havoc their data services wreak for medical schools and casinos that use them. It is staggering that they are still in business, at all.
I suggest vehemently that you DO NOT USE MCG, previously Minimax Consulting. If the idiomatic expression, "Where there's smoke, there's usually fire" does not appeal to your good senses when you check their closing BBB rating in Providence, R. I., or run multiple search engines on this/these company(ies), then let me recount part of my own, exasperating (and criminal) experiences with them:
(1) MCG violated all contractual agreements, including each and every promised deadline, and explicit research objectives to be analysed;
(2) After months of excuses and outright lies, and passing me around from one "Client Specialist" to another (probably because their employee turnover rate is astronomical), and after threatening them with legal action/demanding a full refund, MCG sent me a document I could not in any way use, unless of course, I didn't give a rat's a** about my own reputation. There was absolutely no reproducibility of statistical analyses based on the depauperate amount of information provided, and I have no doubt, this was strategic.
(3) They unequivocally refused to supply any of the original statistical functions or output;
(4) Explanatory syntheses that accompanied were downright pitiful, and obviously authored by a non-English speaking illiterate. Hell, my 13-year old is more lucid!
(5) Shortly after receipt of the proctologically derived results and conclusions, I posted an anonymous, throttling complaint about their company and its "services"; and within moments, lo' and behold, received an open threat from the company via email (which I have kept).
(6) Just for giggles, let me mention also that they have (a) an unwavering, No-Refund Policy, (b) Caller ID on all their contact numbers, and (c) conveniently changed the company name under a looming cloud of suspicion and during a barrage of consumer complaints being investigated by multiple agencies, e.g., the BBB of RI, the RI AG's Office, the FTC, the American Gaming Association, USPS.gov, and the list goes on . . .
I cannot describe for you what I have truly experienced in terms of sleepless nights, loss of valuable time and money, betrayal, fallout with my advisor, graduation delay, and other casualties because I hired these totally incompetent and unscrupulous bastards to validate my research findings.
Nor can I change my own decision to hire MCG or erase what they have done to me. But I will do my BEST to try and make sure that potential students, writers, and other consumers are made aware of their grotesquely disdainful treatment of former writers and clients, alike. In this way, maybe others will take heart to what they have read, and not provide MCG with the opportunity to defraud them.