EssayDirectory - best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered [13]  
  help    or 
Forum / Essay Services /

Career advice - how to tell my future employer that I work at PHD/Masters level on a daily basis?

michael890Threads: 4
 Writer
Sep 20, 12, 06:27AM | #1
i recognize this is a slightly humorous question considering the nature of the industry, but i thought some of you might have some advice.

i've been working as an academic/essay writer for a few years successfully. i'm trying to find more socially responsible employment, but it's sort of a struggle when my most recent experience is within this industry. i'd like to tell them i work at a PHD/masters level on a daily basis, but am sort of in a bind on how to say it without sounding entirely unethical (please spare the lecture, i know it's a shady industry)

i was wondering if any fellow writers any advice or experience about dealing with legit employers?

michael890Threads: 4
 Writer
Sep 20, 12, 07:15AM | #3
i'm taking graduate courses, but i'm mostly self-educated. i have a bachelor of arts from a decent public university though.

FSRPosts: 49
 Writer
Sep 20, 12, 04:21PM | #4
You run a research business... technically honest without giving too much detail?

EW_writerThreads: 27

Sep 20, 12, 08:56PM | #6
michael890:
i'm taking graduate courses, but i'm mostly self-educated. i have a bachelor of arts from a decent public university though.

Then I don't think you should communicate to potential employers that you work at a masters/phD level. If you're asked about it in an interview and you claim to provide "advice" to masters/PhD candidates, the next question would most likely be what makes you qualified to provide such advice.

srandrewsThreads: 17
 Observer
Sep 20, 12, 10:12PM | #9
By the way, in the current job market, do you feel you can make more money in a "job" than as an essay writer? If you don't find the right opportunity, are you prepared to keep writing academic essays? Just curious.

Observer
Sep 21, 12, 10:18AM | #12
Did you have another career before started writing essays? Maybe you could draw upon that in your job search.

By the way, I doubt you'll get much judgment here for being an essay writer. The forum is, by definition, made up of people who write essays, buy essays, or serve as intermediaries. I guess it is shady in a way, but most people here would view it as somewhere between "fine" and "not that bad."

FreelanceWriterThreads: 5
 Writer
Sep 21, 12, 02:11PM | #13
I disclosed it in full detail (along with examples as writing samples) to every U.S. employer and it was never a problem, including federal law enforcement background investigators. The only responses I ever got in the U.S. were positive comments about actually being able to do this and I got the jobs. The only negative response I ever got was from a European entity together with advice not to mention it to other potential Swiss employers.

FreelanceWriterThreads: 5
 Writer
Sep 21, 12, 07:29PM | #16
srandrews:
Reply Quote They just didn't care? Were you just doing essays part-time while working at another job?
It really just wasn't an issue. Either they didn't ask me anything about it and just considered the writing samples as writing samples or they gave me an opportunity to explain that it meant I was very good at short deadlines, handling unpredictable changes in schedules, and that I'm very versatile in being able to produce many different types of writing on different subject matter areas. But I always disclosed exactly what I do for a living and discussed it freely if they were interested; and that included furnishing the name and main address and contact info for the essay companies that use me the most in the Employment History sections of their applications. There really aren't that many people who can do this very well or consistently over any substantial period of time and it does demonstrate a lot of the skills that many employers really need in anybody they consider hiring as a writer. I've always written on a freelance basis since law school, on my own time while employed, and anytime I was in between jobs, relying on it to different degrees at different times. Since 2007, I've been doing it as a fulltime living and absolutely nothing else.
I have been writing for some of the best American essay companies since 2003. I'm a law school graduate located in NYC and my personal essay service website is nycfreelancewriter.homestead.com

Observer
Sep 21, 12, 08:04PM | #17
That is excellent. A person who can write well and quickly, without getting flustered on deadline, should never go hungry.

andywoods57Threads: 1
 Writer
Sep 21, 12, 11:19PM | #19
you can definitely say hat you are freelance writer assisting students in their work or providing assistance in educational services