EssayDirectory - the best essay services!     Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 57 - page 1 of 2

WRITERS PLEASE BEWARE OF ALERTPAY

Jan 12, 2012, 03:32AM | #
TO ALL, PLEASE BEWARE OF ALERTPAY

I am writing this to warn every one about alertpay. I recently made two consecutive withdrawals with them, but the money has never got into my bank. They will cheat you that they have send the money. They have even send me useless SWIFT confirmations which my bank declined as doctored. They have robbed me clean $2300 dollars. These are big thieves. I even wonder how they have been allowed to operate in Canada unless Canadian laws have by themselves become compromising

WritersBeware  
Jan 12, 2012, 11:32AM | #
kenya:
I even wonder how they have been allowed to operate in Canada

I wonder why you've been allowed to write professionally in the English language. I guess it's a draw.

Jan 15, 2012, 04:41AM | #
WritersBeware:
I wonder why you've been allowed to write professionally in the English language. I guess it's a draw.

Show some sense of seriousness!! I wonder why you have not been banned...this level of mediocrity should stop...

WritersBeware  
Jan 15, 2012, 08:00PM | #
wangu:
Show some sense of seriousness!

F*ck you, con artist from Kenya. It's no surprise that you don't consider serious a "professional" writer's complete lack of writing skills.

Jan 15, 2012, 08:14PM | #
WritersBeware:
F*ck you, con artist from Kenya. It's no surprise that you don't consider serious a "professional" writer's complete lack of writing skills.

I think wangu is referring to your insulting so many people based on their first post.

WritersBeware:

You keep insulting many people without reprimand, even if their intentions are genuine. I'm not saying it's particularly wrong in THIS case, but if you look back on your other posts, there are insults there that are uncalled for.

WritersBeware  
Jan 15, 2012, 08:33PM | #
Primus:
but if you look back on your other posts, there are insults there that are uncalled for.

Really? Care to quote some examples? We'll see just how "uncalled for" they turned out to be.

Jan 15, 2012, 11:43PM | #
WritersBeware
You sound more like a frustrated dog...this is not a place to dump frustrations, please engage me in meaningful discussions. I cannot see any slight indication of of self proclaimed
"professionalism" in your posts. You whine and whine and expect to draw attention of top writers into your stupid frustrations...

Jan 16, 2012, 08:09AM | #
WritersBeware:
Really? Care to quote some examples? We'll see just how "uncalled for" they turned out to be.

I really don't want to become an "enemy" of yours as I respect you as a writer. It's just the sarcasm both you and pheelyks presents (pheelyks more than you) that puts people off. "Congratulations! It only took you six months to figure out that EssayScam is all about exposing....essay scams!" Pheelyks irks me more than you, but not to the point that I want to hurt them.

"UPDATE: As of January 13, 20012, the scamming moron from Kenya " <- This is what would be acceptable.

"You are no more meant to professionally write in the English language than Chaz Bono is meant to hang-glide naked." http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/15/heremeout-read-first-2773/ You should not tell people who are qualified to write--this is the opinion of people, not a fact, and therefor should be stated as an opinion. In fact, a great ESL writer could make a few errors, but publish an entire book in English, and then that book becomes a best seller. That ESL writer could have been, as you said, "no more meant to professionally write in the English language".

"Mod, the moron continues to refuse to substantiate its accusations about pheelyks, me, and—more importantly—the essay industry." Though this could just be aggressive word play between you and editor75 since editor has quite a few posts racked up.

I could not possibly scower through your some seven thousand posts, though there are those instances that just... slip.

I would ask to commission you for a work of yours, but I see you like to post potential clients' PMs on the board, so I'm inclined not to. c:

Also, a point just fell upon my mind. Couldn't competing essay-writing companies simply post lies about other essay companies to narrow down the potential competition?

pheelyks  
Jan 16, 2012, 10:03AM | #
Primus:
Pheelyks irks me more than you, but not to the point that I want to hurt them.

I'm not a them, and I'm sorry if my sarcasm irks you. Stupidity and willful ignorance irk me, so I guess we're even on that score.

You are trying to instruct others on their modes of instruction, when the fact that you do not have an academic-level grasp of English is readily apparent in your own posts. That some people should not be writing professionally in English is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact. Having the wrong opinion about a fact doesn't mean that the subject is up for debate--the world is round even if some people think it's flat, and there are a lot of ESL writers here that shouldn't be charging customers for academic work, even if they disagree.

Primus:
scower

You might want to try looking up words you don't entirely know. Then you can make sure they're, you know, actually words.

Primus:
Couldn't competing essay-writing companies simply post lies about other essay companies to narrow down the potential competition?

Yes, and they do it all the time. On this very forum. You really aren't all that quick on the draw, are you?

When claims of scams or fraud are made, verifiable evidence is necessary. Sometimes, the writers provide this evidence in their own incompetence. Bad webcopy is also a sign. Claiming to be a US/UK company while actually being run in Kenya, Ukraine, India, etc. tends to be verifiable without too much effort. WB provides that effort and the results, and is appreciated by many here because of it.

If you need a tutorial on how this forum works, why not just ask instead of being a smug and close-minded dick?

WritersBeware  
Jan 16, 2012, 11:39AM | #
Primus:
You should not tell people who are qualified to write--this is the opinion of people, not a fact, and therefor should be stated as an opinion.

Wrong.

Primus:
I would ask to commission you for a work of yours, but I see you like to post potential clients' PMs on the board, so I'm inclined not to. c:

If you were to do so, that would make you quite stupid, as I have clearly warned people (in a dedicated thread) NOT to break forum rules by PMing me about writing a paper. I post the PMs of people who ignore my clear warning.

Jan 16, 2012, 07:42PM | #
pheelyks:
I'm not a them, and I'm sorry if my sarcasm irks you. Stupidity and willful ignorance irk me, so I guess we're even on that score.

I'm not sure what gender you are, therefor I refer to you as "them" in place of sex.

pheelyks:
there are a lot of ESL writers here that shouldn't be charging customers for academic work, even if they disagree.

This is an opinion, not a fact. Same goes with an artist. "There are a lot of artists that shouldn't be charging customers for work, even if they disagree".

pheelyks:
You might want to try looking up words you don't entirely know. Then you can make sure they're, you know, actually words.

New words are made every day. It was just a spelling error, not a typo.

pheelyks:
Yes, and they do it all the time. On this very forum. You really aren't all that quick on the draw, are you?

That's rude. I was just bringing up a discuss-able question about something that hasn't been brought up often. It was also because I was curious for an answer, not an opening for you to immediately start insulting me.

pheelyks:
Claiming to be a US/UK company while actually being run in Kenya, Ukraine, India, etc. tends to be verifiable without too much effort. WB provides that effort and the results, and is appreciated by many here because of it.

Didn't say I didn't appreciate it, either. I'm saying that WritersBeware could be a little more less aggressive/insulting to newer users (unless they call for it).

pheelyks:
If you need a tutorial on how this forum works, why not just ask instead of being a smug and close-minded dick?

Where in my post did I say I needed a tutorial, or even more, where my post hinted I needed help? I'm not being smug, either. That's just your horribly skewed perception of the way I come off. I'd like to know how I'm coming off as a "smug and close-minded dick" when I'm trying to be as polite as possible without trying to lose control (which you're making it hard to do).

WritersBeware:
If you were to do so, that would make you quite stupid, as I have clearly warned people (in a dedicated thread) NOT to break forum rules by PMing me about writing a paper. I post the PMs of people who ignore my clear warning.

I know. That's why I typed words after "I would ask to commission you for a work of yours"

pheelyks  
Jan 16, 2012, 08:27PM | #
Primus:
I'm not sure what gender you are, therefor I refer to you as "them" in place of sex.

Well that's just stupid.

Primus:
This is an opinion, not a fact

You're wrong.

Primus:
Same goes with an artist.

This isn't art, it's academic writing. While there are many subjective elements in this kind of writing, the rules of grammar, syntax, spelling, and word usage are objective, and the ability to follow these rules is a qualification for being an academic writer. If you don't have the right qualifications, you shouldn't be an academic writer, period.

Primus:
It was just a spelling error, not a typo.

I know. It was a major spelling error that wouldn't have occurred if you were actually familiar with the word you used.

Primus:
That's rude.

I'm rude, you're slow. We've established this already.

Primus:
something that hasn't been brought up often.

It's brought up all the time. Again, you're slow; if you keep providing evidence of how slow you truly are, I'm going to keep pointing it out.

Primus:
I'm saying that WritersBeware could be a little more less aggressive/insulting to newer users (unless they call for it).

You don't get to decide who calls for it. Being a smug jackass is calling for it in my book.

Primus:
Where in my post did I say I needed a tutorial, or even more, where my post hinted I needed help?

Nowhere. I'm letting you know that you need one.

Primus:
That's just your horribly skewed perception of the way I come off

The way you come off is my fault?

Primus:
when I'm trying to be as polite as possible without trying to lose control (which you're making it hard to do).

Really? This conversation is making it hard to control yourself? If so, you have the restraint capabilities of a Golden Retriever.

Jan 16, 2012, 08:32PM | #
pheelyks:
Well that's just stupid.

What would you rather me call you? It? I don't think "it" is a suitable word, since I'd like to think it'd be calling you lower than a regular human.

pheelyks:
I know. It was a major spelling error that wouldn't have occurred if you were actually familiar with the word you used.

I am familiar with the word. You've made major spelling errors up to the point where you're familiar with it (I'm assuming).

pheelyks:
I'm rude, you're slow. We've established this already.

I'm not slow. That's what's been established.

pheelyks:
You're wrong.

Opinion.

pheelyks:
You don't get to decide who calls for it.

I said COULD BE, not should be.

pheelyks:
Nowhere. I'm letting you know that you need one.

Then I declare you need to read up on politeness more.

pheelyks:
The way you come off is my fault?

It's the way you perceive it that's bad. Not your fault, just your mind's way of taking it in.

pheelyks:
Really? This conversation is making it hard to control yourself? If so, you have the restraint capabilities of a Golden Retriever.

They can restrain themselves pretty decently; you just have to train them right.

pheelyks  
Jan 17, 2012, 04:12PM | #
Primus:
What would you rather me call you?

You could try "he or she."

Primus:
I am familiar with the word.

Not familiar enough.

Primus:
You've made major spelling errors up to the point where you're familiar with it

I'm not sure what this means, but no, I don't completely misspell words that I am familiar with. I also pay attention to that little red squiggle that pops up when my browser doesn't recognize a word.

Primus:
I'm assuming

You should stop doing that.

Primus:
I'm not slow.

Yes, you are.

Primus:
Opinion.

Nope. Grammar, syntax, etc, are objective concepts. There is some disagreement about what the rules are/should be, but there is no disagreement that there are in fact, rules.

Primus:
I said COULD BE, not should be.

You're getting confused. You said WB should refrain from being aggressive to people unless they call for it. Clearly, WB feels that the people she is abusive towards [i[have[/i] called for it, otherwise the aggressiveness wouldn't be there. You don't get to decide who called for it and who didn't; if WB feels that you called for it, so be it.

Primus:
Then I declare you need to read up on politeness more.

I'll make sure my manners meet your English capabilities.

Primus:
you just have to train them right.

So you're untrained, is what you're saying?

Jan 17, 2012, 05:11PM | #
pheelyks:
You could try "he or she."

That increases my chances of getting it wrong.

pheelyks:
I'm not sure what this means, but no, I don't completely misspell words that I am familiar with. I also pay attention to that little red squiggle that pops up when my browser doesn't recognize a word.

A human being ninety-five percent of the time will make a mistake spelling a word they just heard (depending on length and complexity). As they learn what the meaning of it is, the percentage of them misspelling the word again is greatly decreased.

pheelyks:
You should stop doing that.

You do it all the time. See below.

pheelyks:
Yes, you are.

Assuming based on my other posts.

pheelyks:
Nope. Grammar, syntax, etc, are objective concepts. There is some disagreement about what the rules are/should be, but there is no disagreement that there are in fact, rules.

Agreed.

pheelyks:
You're getting confused. You said WB should refrain from being aggressive to people unless they call for it. Clearly, WB feels that the people she is abusive towards [i[have[/i] called for it, otherwise the aggressiveness wouldn't be there. You don't get to decide who called for it and who didn't; if WB feels that you called for it, so be it.

I see your italics aren't working. Ah, I do see where I said "should". If this forum only had editing enabled. Though I get your point. Agreed.

pheelyks:
So you're untrained, is what you're saying?

Comparing myself to my previous retriever, I'd say I'm well trained. Except when it comes to stealing food.

pheelyks  
Jan 17, 2012, 05:30PM | #
Primus:
That increases my chances of getting it wrong.

Actually, it hugely reduces your chances of getting it wrong, since the odds are incredibly good that I identify as either male or female. Again, you're slow, so I don't expect this ti make immediate sense, but take some time with it.

Primus:
A human being ninety-five percent of the time will make a mistake spelling a word they just heard

A) Unless you can provide a source for this, I'm going to go ahead and say you're just making sh*t up.
B) You said you were familiar with the word "scour," which would mean you hadn't just heard it, rendering your almost certainly made-up statistic irrelevant.

Primus:
Assuming based on my other posts.

Assuming and inferring are two very different things. I inferred that you were slow because you make pretty basic errors in logical reasoning (like the one above). You assumed I misspell words I am familiar with despite having no evidence to that effect. See the difference?

Primus:
I'd say I'm well trained.

Then why are you having trouble controlling yourself, exactly?

Jan 17, 2012, 09:12PM | #
pheelyks:
Actually, it hugely reduces your chances of getting it wrong, since the odds are incredibly good that I identify as either male or female.

Oh. So you're a hermaphrodite? (That, or I'm COMPLETELY reading that sentence wrong). Agreed, though. Agreed.

B) You said you were familiar with the word "scour," I meant "scower".

pheelyks:
I inferred that you were slow because you make pretty basic errors in logical reasoning

That's not fair to say when most of the human population makes basic errors in logical reasoning.

pheelyks:
You assumed I misspell words I am familiar with despite having no evidence to that effect.

No. I meant that words you don't know you tend to misspell, and once you learn their definition, you're more likely to spell it correctly each time you use it.

pheelyks:
Then why are you having trouble controlling yourself, exactly?

I could break out into the song "Sugar Pie Honey Bun", but let's not go there. c:

pheelyks  
Jan 17, 2012, 10:54PM | #
Primus:
So you're a hermaphrodite?

No.

Primus:
I'm COMPLETELY reading that sentence wrong

Yes. Try reading it again. Again, we know you're slow, so read slowly, too.

Primus:
Agreed, though. Agreed.

How can you agree with something you don't understand?

Primus:
I meant "scower".

The problem is "scower" is not a word. It's a very archaic spelling of "scour" that appears in a few sources, but in modern English it just isn't a word at all.

Primus:
most of the human population makes basic errors in logical reasoning.

I don't like claims that are completely unsubstantiated. We've been over this before (I now, I know, you're slow).

Primus:
I meant that words you don't know you tend to misspell, and once you learn their definition, you're more likely to spell it correctly each time you use it.

First, that's not at all what you said. Second, I don't use words I don't know the definition of, and when I'm not sure how to spell something I (gasp!) look it up in a dictionary.

By the way, made any headway finding a source for that "95%" claim?

Jan 18, 2012, 05:34AM | #
pheelyks:
Yes. Try reading it again. Again, we know you're slow, so read slowly, too.

I feel in a good mood today. I'll be known as Slow Primus. :D Agreed.

pheelyks:
How can you agree with something you don't understand?

I'd probably understand it by morning, so I agreed to it. I do understand it now.

pheelyks:
The problem is "scower" is not a word. It's a very archaic spelling of "scour" that appears in a few sources, but in modern English it just isn't a word at all.

GodDAMMIT, this is why I shouldn't post when tired. I do mean "scour". If you are referring to "scower" in older texts, I've seen it in a few modern-day books.

scour/skou(ə)r/
Verb:
Clean or brighten the surface of (something) by rubbing it hard, typically with an abrasive or detergent: "he scoured the bathtub".
Subject (a place, text, etc.) to a thorough search in order to locate something. <<
Noun:
The action of scouring or the state of being scoured, esp. by swift-flowing water.
Synonyms:
verb. clean - scrub - rub - wash
noun. scrub

pheelyks:
I don't like claims that are completely unsubstantiated.

It's common knowledge.

pheelyks:
Second, I don't use words I don't know the definition of,

I don't know how you were taught in English, but when I was taught, we had to learn new words. We spelled them (most of us got 4 or more words wrong) in a pretest. Afterwards, we spent the week learning the definitions of the 25 words assigned to us. After the results of the weekly test came in, there was a higher percentage of us that were correctly able to spell the word. U:
This is what I was trying to say, but because I'm SLOW, I have a hard time doing so.

pheelyks  
Jan 18, 2012, 11:14AM | #
Primus:
I'll be known as Slow Primus.

You already are, guy.

Primus:
If you are referring to "scower" in older texts, I've seen it in a few modern-day books.

Name one modern source that you've seen use the word "scower."

Providing the definition of "scour" was entirely pointless, but thanks.

Primus:
It's common knowledge.

Really? It should be pretty commonly supported by evidence then. Instead of making facts up, why don't you try reading a bit?

Primus:
we spent the week learning the definitions of the 25 words assigned to us.

So you come from a whole group of slow people? Were you the fastest one in your slow class? Did you get a cookie for it?

Primus:
This is what I was trying to say, but because I'm SLOW, I have a hard time doing so.

I'm glad you're coming to terms with yourself.

Jan 18, 2012, 12:38PM | #
pheelyks:
You already are, guy.

Gal. Okay.

pheelyks:
Name one modern source that you've seen use the word "scower."

Providing the definition of "scour" was entirely pointless, but thanks.

Please don't make me go through my entire book collection for a single word.

I gave the definition because you said I was using the word wrong.

pheelyks:
Instead of making facts up, why don't you try reading a bit?

I guess it's a bit of assuming here. The egotistical notion that I am higher than some of the adults living in the world today.

pheelyks:
So you come from a whole group of slow people? Were you the fastest one in your slow class? Did you get a cookie for it?

Heh, you made a funny. OH TOTALLY. They were the slowest of the slow in that advanced class. It got pretty ridiculous when they kept askin' stupid questions like "You were so late to get on the bus today. Why did you miss the bus?" It's clear I didn't miss the fragging bus. Dem redneck hillbillehs.

WritersBeware  
Jan 18, 2012, 12:42PM | #
Primus:
We spelled them (most of us got 4 or more words wrong) in a pretest. Afterwards, we spent the week learning the definitions of the 25 words assigned to us.

Second graders do that, not adults.

Jan 18, 2012, 07:38PM | #
WritersBeware:
Second graders do that, not adults.

I don't know where you were taught, but second graders didn't even delve that deeply into English. First graders is more like it. X:
What I described was a 10th grade teaching level. Don't give me that BS about second graders doing that. In fact, it's practiced throughout most grades, unless you went to a low-funded school with teachers that probably don't know what they're teaching.

WritersBeware  
Jan 18, 2012, 07:45PM | #
Primus:
I don't know where you were taught, but second graders didn't even delve that deeply into English. First graders is more like it.

Second graders don't but first graders do? You are clearly a confused person. Regardless, you completely missed the point. Pheelyks is right—you are slower than a slug drenched in molasses.

In general, your completely unsubstantiated claims are not welcome here.

pheelyks  
Jan 18, 2012, 11:49PM | #
Primus:
Please don't make me go through my entire book collection for a single word.

You're the one that claimed modern books contain the word "scower." If you don't want to back your claims up, this is the wrong place to make them.

Primus:
I gave the definition because you said I was using the word wrong.

I never said you were using the word wrong. I said that "scower" isn't a word. And it isn't.

Primus:
I guess it's a bit of assuming here.

No, it's making stuff up. That's very different.

Primus:
Heh, you made a funny. OH TOTALLY. They were the slowest of the slow in that advanced class. It got pretty ridiculous when they kept askin' stupid questions like "You were so late to get on the bus today. Why did you miss the bus?" It's clear I didn't miss the fragging bus. Dem redneck hillbillehs.

Huh?

Primus:
In fact, it's practiced throughout most grades

We clearly didn't go to school in the same places or even the same country, but I don't think I had a weekly spelling list since third grade. After that, it's expected that you know how to look up new words you encounter in your reading, and how to look up words you aren't sure how to spell when writing. I think there were a few lists handed out in some science classes (you know, classes that used big words that are pretty specialized), but that's about it.

Jan 19, 2012, 10:03AM | #
WritersBeware:
Second graders don't but first graders do?

Yes, first graders are required to learn English faster than second graders. This is a GENERAL assumption based on what I've witnessed throughout schools.

pheelyks:
I never said you were using the word wrong. I said that "scower" isn't a word. And it isn't.

Agreed.

pheelyks:
No, it's making stuff up. That's very different.

I see.
pheelyks:
Huh?

I was making fun of my past classes using my "slowness".

pheelyks:
We clearly didn't go to school in the same places or even the same country, but I don't think I had a weekly spelling list since third grade. After that, it's expected that you know how to look up new words you encounter in your reading, and how to look up words you aren't sure how to spell when writing. I think there were a few lists handed out in some science classes (you know, classes that used big words that are pretty specialized), but that's about it.

Hmm, I guess my teachers didn't do it right. :3 At least yours taught you to do it yourself. Teachers these days. I would have loved to learn it like that.

pheelyks  
Jan 19, 2012, 10:13AM | #
Primus:
Yes, first graders are required to learn English faster than second graders.

What does that even mean? And what country are you talking about?

Primus:
Agreed.

You keep saying this as if it means something. You said something that was complete wrong, I corrected you, and now you simply say "agreed." I don't care if you agree, I want you to stop lying and making stuff up in the first place.

Primus:
At least yours taught you to do it yourself.

I wasn't exactly taught to think for myself. I thought of it on my own. It's a skill many people pick up on their way to adulthood.

Jan 20, 2012, 05:06AM | #
pheelyks:
And what country are you talking about?

I'm talking about the United States. Sad, isn't it?

pheelyks:
You keep saying this as if it means something.

I'm saying "agreed" because I believe that particular sub-conversation was over and I was happy with your answer.

pheelyks:
I thought of it on my own.

Clever person, you.

MeoKhan:
Primus, I thought you were here to talk sense.

Originally that was my intention. It got pretty out of hand.

MeoKhan:
I suspect you're Mukhurjee in real, are you?

Who?

Jan 20, 2012, 05:30AM | #
Primus:
Originally that was my intention. It got pretty out of hand.

I see. Pretty strange you change your intentions so quickly. You should also keep in view the fact that you're just an observer. Your argument with the member-writers does not have weight because you're just an observer. Thus, sit back, relax, and observe.

Jan 20, 2012, 09:25AM | #
MeoKhan:
I see. Pretty strange you change your intentions so quickly. You should also keep in view the fact that you're just an observer. Your argument with the member-writers does not have weight because you're just an observer. Thus, sit back, relax, and observe.

I see. I'll take that into consideration in future posts.

Jan 20, 2012, 09:51AM | #
I've used Alertpay once. I was paying for a translation, and the translator actually insisted on using Alertpay. It seems like a pretty legit service, at least as far as I can tell.

Also, I've been reading through this board for a day or two, and damn but discussions can get derailed here. Maybe I just don't know enough about the shady world of essay mills yet.

Feb 10, 2012, 08:47AM | #
Wow! I 'joined' this forum (as in signed up) just to say... congrats Primus and Pheelyks.

I initially came here looking for information on AlertPay, and got quite diverted on what was a pretty hilarious and entertaining exchange.

If the two of you are not friends in real life, you should meet up and be friends. Lol... You sure know how to get each other all hot and bothered! ROFL...

Thanks people.

pheelyks  
Feb 12, 2012, 02:08AM | #
I've yet to see you involved in a good discussion about anything.

Feb 12, 2012, 11:39AM | #
pheelyks:
I've yet to see you involved in a good discussion about anything.

I thought you were done acting like an adolescent prick.

Forum / Writing Careers /

25 users online in the last hour