EssayDirectory - the best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 15

WARNING! ACADEMIC COMPANY ARE SCAMMERS

Nov 25, 2009, 11:29AM | #
WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T WORK FOR ACADEMIC COMPANY. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF WITH 300% FINES TO MAXIMISE THEIR PROFIT. ALL IF TAKES IS FOR THE CLIENT TO PRETEND NOT TO LIKE THE PAPER. THAT MEANS YOUR HARD WORK WILL BE FOR NOTHING. WORK FOR YOURSELF OR WORK FOR A LEGITAMATE COMPANY BUT NOT FOR ACADEMIC COMPANY COS THEY WILL HANG YOU OUT TO DRY.

WritersBeware  
Nov 25, 2009, 12:53PM | #
Typing in ALL CAPS should be a crime against humanity.

Nov 25, 2009, 02:46PM | #
WritersBeware:
Typing in ALL CAPS should be a crime against humanity.
I do not even bother to read `all caps' posts. Find them disturbing and impolite.
vishkanya:
tell me about it, everyone seems to have it in for academic company. They all cant be wrong can they.

Everyone? A `handful' would be more accurate.

How about we stop all this ET and AA mudslinging? If any have concrete facts to report, fine. All we are seeing, however, are unsubstantiated accusations, probably motivated by envy. Green is not a pretty colour.

Opinion: Fining writers is wrong.
Fact: All signed up with the companies while knowing they had a fining system in place.
Fact: You agreed to the terms and, hence, it is not a scam.

The question is this: was the fine justified? If it wasn't, pls explain how and why.

Nov 26, 2009, 06:14AM | #
I'd be very interested to hear if the fines were unjustified, and I'll pass on your comments to our Quality Assurance team.

Cheers, Carly AA

Nov 26, 2009, 06:32AM | #
Carly:
I'd be very interested to hear if the fines were unjustified

Well 300% is never justified even if the writer found the student and kicked his dog after plagiarizing the entire paper. When did all of these writing services jump on the "Fine Bandwagon"? Ok you screwed up a paper, you don't get paid for that one. Also you will write your next 4 projects for free because we fined you 300%. That is insult to injury for any writer and straight BS. I guess there are no ethics or morals in a scam? Isn't that right "Carly AA"?

Nov 26, 2009, 08:39AM | #
american_writer:
Well 300% is never justified even if the writer found the student and kicked his dog after plagiarizing the entire paper.
I'd consider that a `hanging' crime :)

Personally speaking, I am totally opposed to the fine system and do not think it justifiable, under any circumstances. My point, however, is simple. Writers agreed to the fine system upon signing on. It is disclosed in the contract and they consented. Accordingly, unless the imposed fine violates the contractual justifications for fining, it is not a scam. Unfair? Definitely. Scam? No.

Plus ... I think (purely opinion) it wrong to group legitimate companies with the real scammers.

Mar 14, 2010, 07:09PM | #
In my opinion, they are just about the biggest scam out there, except perhaps for EssayWriters.net--a pure rip off of the writers.

I had only a brief experience with them, got ripped off, and quit immediately.

Sep 28, 2010, 04:10AM | #
I "applied" (well gave my contact email) yesterday, because they had been advertising on the Reed website (naive me was thinking, "they must be serious").

However, the page you need to fill in for their "application" contains some test questions about your knowledge of English that a Year 6 student could answer easily (even me whose English is not my native language could answer). Isn't this looking a bit dodgy for a company so-called "academic"? My question was also "who may be interested in this work really, when universities are full of researchers????????????"....after having read your blogs, I understand better now.

The icing on the cake is that after having done this "preliminary selection" yesterday at 11pm, first thing this morning I got the most impersonal email telling me I had passed (wow! What an ego boost!) and that email contained the very interesting statement " I'd therefore like to assure you that Academic Company is a reputable, established UK company that you can trust- please do check us out on the UK Companies House website."...... I have worked for many "proper" companies in the past and have never seen this detail with such wording.

Food for thought.... but my journey with them stops here

Feb 23, 2011, 05:39AM | #
Acamemic company is a scam, do not work for them, they are extremely dangerous people.

I have experience of them and they really are horrific, also you have to deal with the menial agency workers that the company consist of, in other words they are not able to get a proper job.

You do not get paid and it is a scam, I advise other people who have worked for them to join this thread so that prospective writers do not apply to this company.

pheelyks  
Feb 23, 2011, 09:46AM | #
smirk:
what's so dangerous about them?

They hire writers like amanda.

Feb 25, 2011, 03:35PM | #
I used to work for AK and also left due to the 300% fines that popped up randomly. A few months ago I was contacted by them to inform me that the management team had changed a bit and the 300% fines had gone away. I rejoined them at this point and they have really cleaned up their game.

They are still a big organisation and you have to navigate the automated system at times but on the whole they have been nothing but fair since rejoining and I have been pleasantly surprised. I'd be amazed if these annoyances are recent.

Apr 29, 2011, 05:51AM | #
All freelancers,
I am in freelance business for sometime now. I would like to tell you a story about a reputed company or a company that shows you that it is reputed but does not have any feeling towards the applicants who worked hard to meet with their requirements. You work hard show that you have educational qualification and adequate working experience and after that an executive called Jilly tells you by a message that they cannot give you employment. Hey, I personally believe that giving employment to a freelancer is upto the company and its sole discretion. But get a load of this after you send a query requesting humbly to state some reasons what was the actual reason why they did not select you? she does not choose to answer. Next time you send a message, she blocks your IP from sending any emails to her or her company. Yes indeed, she is the superqueen the all in all of the company. I Guess this UK company is sad with regard to hiring Asian freelancers in their company. The company claims to be a Carbon Zero company, yet when it comes to doing a little human behavior with the freelancers they are absolutely ruthless. I think this is the true meaning of becoming a Carbon Zero company.
Hey start working in this company and don't worry when you start working you are going to see that you have been deleted someday and yup! the last and best thing it does to you is to block your IP from sending any emails. Thanks a lot for the great returns you have given Jilly and support.
All poor hardworking freelancers Do you know Academic company pays in British Pounds? Yup, you heard me pounds it is: Pounds of torture on your head right from the time when you are applying at their so called prestigious company. Hey, dont forget to thank the super queen and super diva who gives least respect to some of most respected educational degrees in the world.
This is the best way to treat freelancers looking for some online job in Academic company. I believe that it has kept its reputation as a Carbon Zero company.

May 3, 2011, 02:27AM | #
I am sorry you feel let down by our communication with you over your recent application. Unfortunately we are not always able to reply in detail to every writer whose application is unsuccessful. To become a writer for us you not only need the relevant academic qualifications, but you also need to show a very high level of written English.

If you would like us to explain in detail; then please message us again via your researcher control panel quoting your essayscam.org username and we will give you a more in-depth account of why your application was unsuccessful.

People don't always get every job they apply for, that's life I'm afraid.

Forum / Writing Careers /

This thread is closed.

42 users online in the last hour