EssayDirectory - the best essay services!     Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 19

Student Network Resources: issues with loading pages?

Apr 18, 2011, 11:00PM | #
Hey, folks. I'm new here. Hoping I can find some reasonably lucrative sites to write for. :)

So here's my question. I just joined SNR officially today and I noticed something: around midnight EST, the pages stop loading normally. It took me half an hour to get to the "Messages" section so I could contact my client, and when the paper in question is due in three days, time is of the essence. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

pheelyks  
Apr 18, 2011, 11:36PM | #
...and your reason for asking this here instead of emailing the SNR admin would be....?

Apr 18, 2011, 11:40PM | #
...to be honest, because I didn't know I should?

This actually segues into the post I was writing seconds before you replied. Basically, what kinds of questions are acceptable for this site? I'm guessing that anything that has to do with any site itself--problems of any kind, questions about how it works, etc.--are for the admin? Barring those, what won't get me yelled at here?

pheelyks  
Apr 18, 2011, 11:59PM | #
Supergirl:
Barring those, what won't get me yelled at here?

Your real question should be, "what's the best way to build and maintain a decent working relationship with my new business partner?", not, "what will the people on an Internet forum like me for?"

Apr 19, 2011, 12:43AM | #
Your example makes perfect sense. But before you can build a working relationship, you have to know what the rules are. If I know that my boss is offended by, say, workers eating at their desks, it would be in my best interest to avoid doing that. But if I don't know, I'll end up getting into trouble sooner or later without realizing it. My asking a question that should have been sent to SNR admin is a perfect example--I didn't realize that that wasn't acceptable.

I know what it says in the TOS, but I notice that there are certain types of questions that get people in trouble on the forum, and they're not necessarily covered in the TOS. I've tried searching for rules on the site with no luck. Hence, the reason I'm asking. It's not about being liked, it's about abiding by the terms of the forum, whatever they might be.

WritersBeware  
Apr 19, 2011, 12:55AM | #
You officially joined the company today, and you think it's a good idea to potentially piss off the company's owners by posting what should be freelancer-to-company communications in a forum that specifically focuses on scams? Would you like someone to ask questions about you in a forum that specifically focuses on prostitutes or drug dealers? WAKE UP! Plus, only company reps can accurately answer your question, so why in the world would you waste your time (and ours) by posting it here?

FYI, a site may load slowly—or not at all—at any given time, due to any number of reasons that may or may not be in the site owner's control. US sites typically undergo maintenance between 12 AM and 2 AM, EST, because that is the time period during which the majority of potential customers are sleeping.

Apr 19, 2011, 01:18AM | #
WritersBeware:
You officially joined the company today, and you think it's a good idea to potentially piss off the company's owners by posting what should be freelancer-to-company communications in a forum that specifically focuses on scams? Would you like someone to ask questions about you in a forum that specifically focuses on prostitutes or drug dealers? WAKE UP! Plus, only company reps can accurately answer your question, so why in the world would you waste your time (and ours) by posting it here?

Thank you for answering the second part of my question. As I feared, I stepped on a landmine anyway. As you noted, I just joined the company (and this site) today--as you can tell, my membership is scant hours old, so there was no way for me to know that my question wasn't appropriate. This is also the first forum I've ever been part of that deals with freelance essay writing. Forgive me if I missed that rule somewhere?

You have a point, though. This site is supposed to be about scams, not advice regarding essay writing sites. I've read a number of threads that don't deal with scams, so I guess that's why I thought my question might be OK. So, Rule #1: Don't ask anything specific about any sites at all. Got it--won't be doing that again.

WritersBeware:
FYI, a site may load slowly—or not at all—at any given time, due to any number of reasons that may or may not be in the site owner's control. US sites typically undergo maintenance between 12 AM and 2 AM, EST, because that is the time period during which the majority of potential customers are sleeping.

And thank you for the answer to the first part. That makes perfect sense, and it certainly beats the site shutting down altogether.

So rather than blunder my way through the rest of the minefield, is there anything else I should be aware of that shouldn't be posted? Please don't think I'm trying to be sarcastic here--I know both you and pheelyks are sick of dealing with spammers, cheaters, trolls and so on. I'm not trying to do any of that. I honestly want to know what to avoid, since I've already managed to annoy/piss you both off. And the more people I irritate, the less likely I am to be able to use this site effectively. I'd really prefer to skip that part.

Apr 19, 2011, 02:14AM | #
Unless your paper is about 45+ pages, if you consider 3 days to be such a challenging deadline that "time is of the essence," you should probably be working on it instead of talking to people on an online forum.
Highly-experienced professional writer located in NYC. JD (Law) from NYLS. nycfreelancewriter.homestead.com/services.html

pheelyks  
Apr 19, 2011, 03:08AM | #
Supergirl:
so there was no way for me to know that my question wasn't appropriate

Other than the common sense God gave a billy goat.
Supergirl:
This is also the first forum I've ever been part of that deals with freelance essay writing. Forgive me if I missed that rule somewhere?

You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with the rules of the forum, and everything to do with the working relationship you have with SNR. instead of emailing them with a very simple and direct question, you come and post here where a) it makes the company look bad simply for being brought up, and b) you have no reason to expect a simple, honest answer due to the very nature of the forum.

Supergirl:
So, Rule #1: Don't ask anything specific about any sites at all. Got it--won't be doing that again.

That would make this forum entirely pointless. You need to start over and try to apply some critical thinking from the ground up.

Supergirl:
is there anything else I should be aware of that shouldn't be posted?

When you have questions related to how the company you work for gets things done, you should probably address those questions to the people at that company instead of calling out to anyone and everyone on this forum.

Apr 19, 2011, 04:20AM | #
I'm not sure what the need was for the billy goat comment, but you did point out that there was "no reason to expect a simple, honest answer due to the very nature of the forum." Fine, then I'll start from the ground up, as you suggested:

What's the best way for me to build and maintain a working relationship with my business partner?

Apr 19, 2011, 04:35AM | #
Actually, using my critical thinking skills, I've deduced that once again, pheelyks is right. I should be over in EC instead, which specifically states that its "for recommendations and writing help." I won't go and ask questions about SNR problems, since you've taught me better than that, but maybe there's other help I can get there. I'll save folks the trouble and see if I can get the mods to delete my account. Thanks for the clarification.

Apr 19, 2011, 11:16AM | #
Supergirl:
So, Rule #1: Don't ask anything specific about any sites at all. Got it--won't be doing that again.

The actual rule is: Don't ask anything specific about SNR or ********* coz their workers (WritersBeware - the boss, FreelanceWriter, Pheelyks) dont like it. They dont like it coz its like opening a can of worms - who knows whats really behind the curtain.

Legitimate and honest companies arent afraid to discuss their business and face criticizm. Even in the public. If something is fishy then you get reactions you got here - accussations, name calling, and jerky comments.

WritersBeware  
Apr 19, 2011, 12:11PM | #
stu4:
Legitimate and honest companies arent afraid to discuss their business and face criticizm. Even in the public. If something is fishy then you get reactions you got here - accussations, name calling, and jerky comments.

Hey, don't let facts get in the way of your toxic propaganda, Sergei:

WritersBeware:
If your experience [with *********] ends up being positive, you will have succeeded in promoting and/or positively reviewing the company, which is against the rules of this site.

pheelyks  
Apr 19, 2011, 05:30PM | #
stu4:
Legitimate and honest companies arent afraid to discuss their business and face criticizm.

This has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Yes, SNR's website sometimes slows--there isn't a website in existence that doesn't have some technical issues at times. The issue here is that Supergirl chose to post a question on a site devoted to exposing scams when that question a) had nothing to do with scams and b) could have easily been answered by emailing her contacts at SNR. It would be like a McDonald's employee asking if they had to come in to work by posting a status update on facebook instead of calling their manager--it's just not that bright.
MeoKhan:
You're absolutely right here!

Your tongue is absolutely up stu4's ass!

pheelyks  
Apr 21, 2011, 09:36AM | #
mayur_digitized:
and yours is up WB's ass

I know you are but what am I

WritersBeware  
Apr 21, 2011, 12:20PM | #
Digital_Manure has returned!

Jul 8, 2012, 07:10PM | #
From my experience if SNR were having technical problems or their site was temporarily down, writers would get an email informing them of this.

Chester

Forum / Writing Careers /

41 users online in the last hour