EssayDirectory - best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered [12]  
  help    or 
Forum / Writing Careers /

Some companies promise high CPP rates, but I end up at $4 per page. Who is fooling who?

InnovatorThreads: 5
 Writer
Aug 20, 12, 02:25PM | #1
I joined the writing industry six months ago full of hope. The first months into the business were fantastic because there were lots of assignments to write, and the pay was good. However, the "honeymoon" did not last for long due to the summer holidays. Apparently, this is the period when idle scammers frustrate their writers. Woe unto you if you join a writing company that pays their "newbies" less than $ 4 per page. They even have the audacity to fine their writers on flimsy grounds despite their measly pay! The support staff is made up of rustic, unreasonable and lunatic fellows.This must be the most notorious guys in the industry. I have also come to realize that some of the writing companies promise "heaven" and deliver "hell" to their writers! For instance, they promise a CPP rate of $ 16-30 while in reality, the average CPP rate is less than $ 6! You can call it false advertising, or any other fancy name, but this is outright scamming. Nonetheless, there is no respite from the quest to explore the writing genius in me. Forum members, lets share our good and bad experiences for the benefit of fellow writers and the clients "out there".

forumregulatorThreads: 1

Aug 20, 12, 04:26PM | #2
My experience has some similarities with yours. I joined the industry 3 years ago and joined a company that was paying a CPP range of between $8 and $16. However, a few months later the site became flooded with writers and so not only were orders becoming scarce but the CPP was lowered to around $5. As if that was not enough they introduced an option which allowed writers to lower their bid prices so that desperate ones would offer to do the papers at much lower prices. Needless to say, working with the company became unsustainable but I was lucky enough to get another company whose rates were much higher at between $10 and $25. Again, it was not long before desperation set in and the rates dropped to below $8 per page. At this point, I gave up on companies and decided I was much better off working on my own. As long as companies get endless supply of writers willing to work at whatever rates, this industry will continue its downward trend.

editor75Threads: 13

Aug 20, 12, 05:30PM | #3
sounds like you worked for essaywriters.net[DND*], or maybe academia-research.com. they love to bait and switch writers.

th63Threads: 1

Aug 20, 12, 07:02PM | #4
I am aware of companies those, but I have never written a word for them. Any native speaker with real university degrees should be making at least $10 per page, but the sites you are describing are ridiculous.

Research Writing Center was one of those that offered very low pay like that, and I still get emails from them from time to time, but I have NEVER taken any assignments from them. Evidently that's what they are paying their writers from India, Pakistan or the Philippines.

andywoods57Threads: 1
 Writer
Aug 21, 12, 12:55AM | #5
It is because of desperation of some people, everyone suffers..newbies offer less rate and in return writers suffer...

Aug 21, 12, 09:53AM | #6
editor75:
essaywriters.net[DND*][DND*], or maybe academia-research.com

The first one was Uvo and then essaywriters.net[DND*]. Uvo's problem was the bidding system, which sometimes meant that I had to sit out for long hours waiting for an order to be allocated to me. essaywriters.net[DND*] was good because as orders continued circulating on the board, their cpps went up and there was no bidding. In fact, I made it a habit to wait till cpps got to at least $14 (sometimes as high as $25 for a simple paper) per page. However, this would not last long as I was soon to realize that orders started being snapped up at $8 per page yet this was the middle of the hot season (around Nov). I then knew that my honeymoon was over and it was time to fend for myself. I fled and never bothered to disable my account because I had no plans whatsoever of going back even if I did not get a better deal. Although I appreciate competition, I believe that there is an irreducible minimum when it comes to how much I am willing to take for a page and if I cannot get that, I would rather seek an alternative.

editor75Threads: 13

Aug 21, 12, 04:58PM | #7
th63:
Research Writing Center was one of those that offered very low pay like that

as I remember it, RWC had higher-paying orders as well.

InnovatorThreads: 5
 Writer
Sep 27, 12, 10:30PM | #8
th63:
Research Writing Center was one of those that offered very low pay like that, and I still get emails from them from time to time, but I have NEVER taken any assignments from them. Evidently that's what they are paying their writers from India, Pakistan or the Philippines.

Sure. RWC pays horribly low rates.
forumregulator:
first one was Uvo and then essaywriters.net[DND*][DND*]. Uvo's problem was the bidding system, which sometimes meant that I had to sit out for long hours waiting for an order to be allocated to me. essaywriters.net[DND*][DND*] was good because as orders continued circulating on the board, their cpps went up and there was no bidding. In fact, I made it a habit to wait till cpps got to at least $14 (sometimes as high as $25 for a simple paper) per page. However, this would not last long as I was soon to realize that orders started being snapped up at $8 per page yet this was the middle of the hot season (around Nov). I then knew that my honeymoon was over and it was time to fend for myself. I fled and never bothered to disable my account because I had no plans whatsoever of going back even if I did not get a better deal. Although I appreciate competition, I believe that there is an irreducible minimum when it comes to how much I am willing to take for a page and if I cannot get that, I would rather seek an alternative.

You cannot expect to make Wayne Rooney's kind of money in this industry. It is becoming boring.
editor75:
sounds like you worked for essaywriters.net[DND*][DND*], or maybe academia-research.com. they love to bait and switch writers.

Sure.

srandrewsThreads: 17
 Observer
Sep 27, 12, 11:19PM | #9
forumregulator:
At this point, I gave up on companies and decided I was much better off working on my own.

How is it going on your own? Are you able to find enough clients?

MeoKhanThreads: 8
 Writer
Sep 28, 12, 04:16PM | #10
Finding 'enough' clients is not difficult to me; what is the real challenge is to keep your clients satisfied with the work you produce. Once you're able to produce a high quality paper for a client, there is no doubt they will refer more clients to you.

Sep 29, 12, 10:16AM | #11
srandrews:
Are you able to find enough clients?

I don't get as much traffic as I would if I kept working for companies but its better because I seem to be working smart now. My charges rarely go below $25/page, which means that I do little work but earn more money. As of now, I can't even imagine that I ever worked for $10/page and I have even swore to eat my heart should I go back to writing for the thankless companies that I worked for before.

Sep 29, 12, 10:18AM | #12
Innovator:
You cannot expect to make Wayne Rooney's kind of money in this industry. It is becoming boring.

$25 per page is not Wayne Rooney money at all, if we are talking about writing a quality paper.

safiquePosts: 1
 Writer
Oct 28, 13, 06:51AM | #14
MeoKhan
what you say is true, am tired of being exploited at $2 or less
i have established my website but i do not have clients and so am forced to work for less than $2 per page. please come to my rescue and let me know how to get clients... @gmail.com is my email

pheelyks2Threads: 2
 Writer
Nov 2, 13, 05:46PM | #15
safique:
am tired of being exploited at $2 or less

Stop working for rates you don't like.

safique:
am forced to work for less than $2 per page

Really? Who exactly is "forcing you" to do anything?

safique:
please come to my rescue and let me know how to get clients

Start by offering a better product, or tailoring your services to people looking for an ESL writer. Then advertise.