EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 8

I signed up for Essays.ph

Apr 3, 2012, 04:28AM | #1
A little long. Please bear with me? And I hope some people can respond.
I know lots of threads here end up with heated arguments and discussions about people being stupid, frauds and the like. I'd appreciate it though if we could, you know, not do that for this post. I just really need to clarify something.

Hi, new here. I know that there are some people in this forum who are really helpful when it comes to spotting which companies are scams and which aren't.
I'm honestly new to this freelance writing thing. I don't have the confidence enough to do it, but I still surf the web for companies who hire freelance writers to write essays.

A few months ago, I signed up for Essays.ph. I joined their forum and it said that I had to write an essay and submit it to them before they decide if I get accepted or not. And well, I got cold feet so I kept putting it off (the topics are chosen by them. There's no deadline for the essay you have to submit, but the topic will change from time to time).

A few weeks ago, I logged in again and I was thinking if I should go for it or not.
But then, after finding this place and reading about Writers.ph (which I also signed up for but purposely forfeited my application after I found out what they're really about thanks to this forum) I decided I should be more careful.

I had my boyfriend look up Essays.ph on WhoIs and this is what he found:

[Taken from screen cap]

IP ADDRESS: 72.167.47.25
IP LOCATION: Arizona - Scottsdale - Godaddy.com Inc.

They claim to have an office here in the Philippines and they've displayed their contact number on their website. So, I thought that was okay. Lots of American companies have offices here, too. Nothing to be worried about.

Then I saw this post [url=http://www.webproworld.com/webmaster-forum/threads/45707-Beware-of-Aca demia-Research][/url] Thanks to WriterBeware's older posts.

And well, AR is also registered with Godaddy and, well... this:

15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

So, is Essays.ph a scam, too or am I just being paranoid? If it's legit, then I apologize for wasting everybody's time. But if they're a scam, then I hope this warns a lot of people.

~Dea

PS. They're open about their prices, too. 30 Philippine Pesos per article? That's... not much. At all.

pheelyks  
Apr 3, 2012, 11:10AM | #2
They're a Philippine company--thus the .ph. They've registered their domain through GoDaddy and used an anonymizing service based in Scottsdale, AZ, like many other sites. The Scottsdale part has nothing to do with them being a scam. Paying approx. $0.70 per page does.

WritersBeware  
Apr 3, 2012, 01:35PM | #3
The Arizona address is that of the GoDaddy-owned, anonymous registration organization, DomainsByProxy.

pheelyks  
Apr 5, 2012, 01:14PM | #5
You're welcome.

pheelyks  
Apr 5, 2012, 03:16PM | #7
Actually, saying "you're welcome" to someone that thanks you is just considered polite by most people. Maybe when you're accepted into first-world civilization you'll catch on.

Forum / Writing Careers /

30 users online in the last hour