EssayDirectory - the best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 21

Payment for writers: why a minimum accrual amount for release of your funds?

Mar 29, 11, 07:54PM | #
Hi I have a question for any out reputable writers out there...Is it normal for reputable companies to have a minimum accrual amount for release of your funds? Furthermore, is it legitimate to have part of your funds held back each month as some form of insurance method for the next month?
Thanks,
Jess

pheelyks  
Mar 29, 11, 08:30PM | #
JessD:
Is it normal for reputable companies to have a minimum accrual amount for release of your funds?

no
JessD:
Furthermore, is it legitimate to have part of your funds held back each month as some form of insurance method for the next month?

no
Was it actually necessary for you to ask these questions? I mean, as an academic writer some basic level of intelligence is required....

Mar 29, 11, 11:13PM | #
No pheeklyks, and being an ass does not change that fact.
I am new to this world and was unaware of the fining system set up in place of such businesses. Thank you.

Mar 29, 11, 11:32PM | #
JessD:
is it legitimate to have part of your funds held back each month as some form of insurance method for the next month?

I'd say yes. Companies need to have some form of protection against dishonest writers.

pheelyks  
Mar 30, 11, 02:52AM | #
Major:
Companies need to have some form of protection against dishonest writers.

Writers shouldn't receive payment until they've submitted the work, and if plagiarism or other dishonesty is found, the writer will be in breach of contract and subject to civil as well as criminal lawsuits at very little expense to the company. As long as the company hires writers that are within the reach of the law--i.e. citizens of the same country where the company operates--this is a non-issue.

Mar 30, 11, 07:58AM | #
pheelyks:
Was it actually necessary for you to ask these questions? I mean, as an academic writer some basic level of intelligence is required....

once again, you go out of your way to be an unhelpful dick. you couldn't just answer the question, you sad piece of ****?

Mar 30, 11, 08:57AM | #
pheelyks:
Writers shouldn't receive payment until they've submitted the work, and if plagiarism or other dishonesty is found, the writer will be in breach of contract and subject to civil as well as criminal lawsuits at very little expense to the company.

Right, but it's much more convenient for a company to withhold some funds rather than going through an inexpensive (BUT lengthy) legal process. Another option is to pay by Paypal or similar types of online payment processing accounts which protect the company from possible future problems.

Mar 30, 11, 09:19AM | #
editor75:
most employers hold money back because of greedy anxiety.

It is safe to assume that 'most employers are greedy.' But if they weren't 'greedy' they wouldn't bother to run companies and put bread on the table of thousands of workers and their families.

We've been asking you for months to start up your own company and show your generosity, but you refused. Besides lip service, you did absolutely nothing to improve the lives of others. In the meantime, the 'greedy employers' paid hundreds of thousands to their contracted writers and put a smile on their families' faces.

pheelyks  
Mar 30, 11, 10:10AM | #
editor75:
the owner's work-free profits.

You really don't understand how this industry or capitalism generally work.

pheelyks  
Mar 30, 11, 10:12AM | #
JessD:
was unaware of the fining system set up in place of such businesses.

The ESL tendencies always come out when they get pissed...

WritersBeware  
Mar 30, 11, 12:58PM | #
editor75:
owner's work-free profits

Sheer ignorance and stupidity, as usual . . . .

WritersBeware  
Mar 30, 11, 12:59PM | #
Major:
[Editor75, w]e've been asking you for months to start up your own company and show your generosity, but you refused. Besides lip service, you did absolutely nothing to improve the lives of others. In the meantime, the 'greedy employers' paid hundreds of thousands to their contracted writers and put a smile on their families' faces.

BRAVO!

WritersBeware  
Mar 30, 11, 02:50PM | #
editor75:
sure, pat yourselves on the backs. it just makes it even more obvious who you really are.

Why are you always such a coward? Why don't you make clear accusations? Afraid that I'll slap da taste out yo mouf again? Little b*tch . . . .

pheelyks  
Mar 30, 11, 03:27PM | #
editor75:
there's a difference between being righteously pissed and ridiculous

And? This has no bearing on JessD's English skills (or lack thereof), but thanks for playing.

Oct 3, 11, 12:05AM | #
Amidst the disgusting rambles , I think Major said something good for the senses.Only that he/she went almost out of question like Pheelyks and the rest.

As for me, what is important is that payment for projects successfully completed within a given period of time is made as stipulated by the company.There should be a clear payment policy.

Unless the writer has bad reputation, I believe a reputable company should not hold back funds that are due for pay.

pheelyks  
Oct 3, 11, 12:35AM | #
Heremeout:
Unless the writer has bad reputation, I believe a reputable company should not hold back funds that are due for pay.

Really? You think companies should pay people that provide work for them at the rates they agreed to pay for that work? What a strong and unique position!

Forum / Writing Careers /

40 users online in the last hour