EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 182 - page 3 of 5

Oxbridge and UK Essayist (I was not paid for completed projects)

Feb 14, 2012, 07:00PM | #81
Stu4, Queen Sheba and Heremeout are not helping this forum one bit. Personal grievances should have their own thread. All these snipes are doing is detracting from the original issue, which is HK and her business not paying me or Freelance Writer. I can tell Freelance from personal experience that now you have called her bluff and she has ceased responding, she will not respond again to you. If she would, then she would have replied to my post here. She does monitor this forum, that is how I connected with her in the first place. So those of you with your own agendas, please start your own thread and pursue them there. Kindly leave this thread for the original topic.

Feb 14, 2012, 08:18PM | #82
Perry Gamsby:
I can tell Freelance from personal experience that now you have called her bluff and she has ceased responding, she will not respond again to you. If she would, then she would have replied to my post here.

I realized that all along; that's why I waited all this time to post the details until I was 100% certain that she has absolutely no intention to pay me. Obviously, I never believed that anybody built a home for her driver on the roof of any Trump building with a "special permit." By the time someone says that she's in NYC (for 4 days) but still has no idea which Trump building, what address, what street, or what local phone # (in a luxury doorman building with a 24-hour lobby staff available to answer questions like "Excuse me, what is the address of this building where I have a million-dollar apartment?"), you know that they'll just keep saying anything and will never just admit that you're never getting paid. The only mystery to me is why spend all this time answering emails and making international calls just to drag out what's eventually going to be obvious in the long run?

Ultimately, my experience is virtually identical to that of every other writer on this forum who has complained of not being paid and then been accused of being fired...except in my case, I have all the promises by phone recorded and WB can confirm that I forwarded dozens of emails acknowledging the amount of the debt in question throughout the last month or so.

And she can prove me wrong anytime by just calling me from her NYC #

Feb 14, 2012, 10:59PM | #83
I figured you were playing that game, same one I played for months also. I don't get it either. Why didn't she just come out with it? I think it is because people like this can't, it is part of what drives them to rip off in the first place I guess. It is a game to them yet it is a livelihood to us.

Feb 15, 2012, 02:30AM | #84
FreelanceWriter:
Ultimately, my experience is virtually identical to that of every other writer on this forum who has complained of not being paid and then been accused of being fired...except in my case, I have all the promises by phone recorded and WB can confirm that I forwarded dozens of emails acknowledging the amount of the debt in question throughout the last month or so.

With this transaction coming to an unfavorable end, I would like WRT to either leave Hala's company or this forum. Every serious member of this forum must boycott Hala in any form on this forum or away from it. Secondly, we should not sit back and lament the fact that one of the senior writers here has been "scammed", yes SCAMMED by a supposedly legit company, including many others like Perry.

I suggest we pool some ideas on how to retaliate.

Feb 15, 2012, 02:34AM | #85
Perry Gamsby:
Why didn't she just come out with it?

Their work goes this way. Who knows how many writers Hala kept in the limbo simultaneously to FW. Perhaps they were still able to write papers for her, and she was counting the money.

Feb 17, 2012, 01:10AM | #88
I sent this to Hala, just to see if I would get a bite:

"Hala, I don't expect any more payment from you but I would appreciate an explanation. What happened? Why the change? I have done nothing wrong and I trusted you. My kids trusted you to make their Christmas a little brighter, or at least they would have had I told them of your promises of bonuses and so on. However I am not that naive. I really would like to know if things went badly for your business or is this the SOP?"

And I got this back:

"Payment was sent when we said it was and now you have forced us to take action for
Public libel. That was the last thing I wanted to do but it is not my decision to make. Our lawyers in new Zealand have already been contacted and the posts were traced to you. Why have us take this route? I did not want it out of respect for you"

To which I have replied:

"Without Prejudice

I look forward to having this dealt with in court. I will produce the communications from you telling me there is still money outstanding, that it will be paid by this date and so on. I have recordings of our telephone conversations as well as all emails with full headers etc.

Hala, I was a Military Police Special Investigation Branch investigator, later an expert witness providing litigation support services to the biggest law firms in the country and on and on. I assure you any attempt at suing me for libel will fail as I can support everything I have written with documentary evidence. I have friends at the Bar who would handle this pro bono for me for the giggle factor, here and in the UK. I have relatives in the UK that are very well placed to apply the law to you and your business on my behalf. In a word, you are outgunned.

Apart from all this, we both know you are just making threats and you know you have no case, quite the opposite in fact. I won't waste the court's time for $50, which is what I believe I am still owed, not the $400 you promised on several documented occasions. I know your M.O. is to threaten legal action and most people will shiver and shake and you will intimidate them etc. Not this bear.

Where will you bring this matter to court? In New Zealand? Why? Your business is, according to you, registered in the UK. Any 'libel' you allege and of course specifically prove did neither originate in New Zealand or the UK. Can you demonstrate you have been harmed in New Zealand? There is no obligation for me to attend a court hearing in a civil matter in either location, unless you will pay me my reasonable expenses to attend, in advance. As for damages, what harm has come to your reputation, business and so forth? Get real Hala. This game you play has run its course with this writer."

This is her usual tactic, to try and scare you off with threats of legal action. I would not be surprised if she even makes up some quasi-legal letter form a solicitor and sends that but I think she will now have enough sense to go back to silent mode. I have no idea why she wants to alert her lawyer in New Zealand when I haven't been there since 1993 for a two week seminar tour.
Any updates, Freelance?

Feb 17, 2012, 04:33AM | #89
I just got home and found this in my inbox from Hala:

"We are registered in all countries where we have partners.
You will see if it is a game. By they way, we can produce the moneygram code but given your actions, it will be in a court of law."

So I replied with:

"Without Prejudice (This means she can't present this in court as evidence, but then neither can I)

Hala, court of law? Are there any others? Yes, no dispute re the Moneygram, I received US$225 and prior to that US$170, but what about the rest? What about the promises? What about the job and US$2,000 a month? All on tape, all never delivered. I'm talking about the remainder you promised. Lots of promises and then? Then nothing. Classic con artist tactics. Go your hardest. Actions? You are the one that has lied and told untruths and strung me and many others along. What are you going to allege I am guilty of? Libel? I think you should refresh your memory on the laws of libel. It can't be libel if it is true and I have the evidence to prove and support anything I have written. I expect you will lower yourself to personal insults next. It's what people with your psyche profile normally do in these situations once you realise you have lost control. Look up 'vexatious litigation' while you are reading up on libel."

Basically there is nothing she can do because she is in the wrong. Even if she wasn't I am not about to lob up to a UK court and answer her allegations. If she managed to get a hearing here it would be thrown out for lack of any grounds. This legal threat is just that. Con artists use it all the time because most of us accept their bluff that they have the money to pay for legal action and we don't. Given where I have published my statements she has no grounds for claiming libel or defamation, especially when I produce the emails from last year of her inviting me to write for her after meeting me via this site. She is angry that I have questioned her and called her bluff, as well as making her have to confront her own delusions that maybe she isn't this super smart, super rich international businesswoman jetting around the world with drivers on tap and staying in penthouse apartments etc. Like most con artists when their schemes begin to unravel they become rather pathetic, don't you think? Anyway, if she replies I will post it her but I won't respond. I will use her tactic against her now I have drawn her out. That will frustrate her even more, I think. Another example of her loss of control of me and this matter.

Feb 17, 2012, 06:17AM | #90
Perry Gamsby:
Any updates, Freelance?

Nope. Never heard a another word from her after the email reproduced earlier in this thread where I suggested it is implausible that someone could really be in NYC for 4 days and still have no idea which Trump building, what address, what street, or what local phone number...especially in the same building where her family owns a penthouse apartment they built for their personal chauffeur.

Feb 24, 2012, 01:25AM | #92
Nothing more from HK and her motley crew. As I expected. As soon as she deduced from my replies to her threats that A) I wasn't going to be intimidated and B) she didn't have a case, she has disappeared down the toilet bowl of Bulls**t. Freelance I guess you never got your money either. I never got that offlist email from you, BTW. I've learned my lesson and will not be darkening the essay door again. It is not worth the hassle. I have yet to find a single, reputable company to work for. If anyone can vouch for one, please do.

Feb 24, 2012, 11:23AM | #93
HK admited that her user here is: WRT. That is fact.

And she is one the most REPUTABLE and UNBIASED member here. Why you and FreelanceStyler abuse her and tell untrue stories?? WritersBeware said on many occasion that she is the reputable and unbiased member here and the close associates of him. So what is your problem exacly? Why you guys libel the innocent? Shame on you and your dirty tactic!

WritersBeware:

EW_writer and I have both acknowledged in the past that the following members are reputable and unbiased:

WRT
freelancewriter
pheelyks
AsianWriter
Lavinia

About "Trade" A Movie- Was I right? No comment Needed from Phyleeks!!!

Feb 24, 2012, 05:59PM | #94
Stu4, you have to be a user of essay services, surely you are not a writer of them? How naive are you? Of course Hala will say she is the most reputable here etc. She is lying. As for Writers Beware, who is that? Is that Hala? Hala's best friend? Or perhaps when WB wrote that she honestly believed it to be true and at the time of writing it had no reason to doubt it. I previously thought Hala was reputable and a good and honest person. Subsequent experience has proven me mistaken so quoting any comment I may have made previously that is contradictory to my present opinion is pointless. Same with what you quoted. Times change, things happen, people change.

Stu4, no one has abused her. Freelance and I have merely related our true experiences, both of us can back up our posts with documentary evidence, by the way. What is your agenda in posting this?

Mar 14, 2012, 06:52PM | #95
Perry Gamsby:
Freelance I guess you never got your money either.

Nope. Unbelievably, she did start calling me again and emailing more promises after complaining about what I wrote here and saying none of this is "for public consumption."

Just a few more entertaining bits of nonsense from this wealthy professional globe trotter:

She's supposedly been in NYC for almost a month now...in a luxury Trump penthouse apartment.
The "chauffer" got the money from the bank but then it was unavailable again because it was "in the safe."
Still has no idea what street this "Trump building" is on or what the address is...after being there for a month in the penthouse her family owns.
No idea what her local phone # is even though I told her to just dial 1-800-444-4444 to get her number automatically from any NYC phone.
Since then, she couldn't pay me because she was bed-ridden for 2 weeks after her "sinus surgery."
No idea what hospital she had the surgey in.
Hasn't left her apartment all this time...she has "people" with her who just bring her junk food. (I asked how she eats.)
She didn't want to give me her "chauffer's" phone # or to give him mine even with my permission. She said she'd have to give him her phone to press redial to reach me on her "locked" phone because my number is "none of his concern." He never showed up. I know, shocking.

Since I told her I'd just come get my money in person and only need her street address, she's adopted the same exact pattern of excuses ("first thing tomorrow," "I'm sleeping," "I'm in the middle of a paragraph, you know how that is," etc.) that she relied on to avoid giving me those mysterious "verified codes" for that superdupersecretsecure "Category 4" Money Gram transaction that Money Gram's representatives said doesn't exist.

Of course, most of this nonsense is preserved on tape in case I'm ever challeneged about it and I'll just post some audio files for everybody's amusement.

My last email to her:

"Hala, the time has come to either give me your address and local phone # as promised many many times so that I can pick up my money or just finally admit that you're really nowhere near NYC and that you have absolutely no intention to pay me another dime.

No point to verbal reassurances...actions speak louder than words. You're not in the middle of a paragraph, you're not sleeping, and you're not "not reading" this either. If you're in NYC, there's no plausible explanation for any of this. To anybody of your purported means and professional success, what you owe me is pocket change and nothing worth all these emails and phone calls.

If you're really in NYC, you could have dialed 1-800-444-4444 and given me your local number in 30 seconds...less time than it took to email response like "does that work for cell phones?"...you supposedly have a round-the-clock "chauffer" available to you...who's never available. I've given you a car service that knows exactly where I live 1-212-923-1111 and offered to pay your round trip fare from my money...and you've supposedly been in NYC for almost a month in a luxury apartment your family "built" on a Trump building with no idea what street you're on or what hospital you had surgery in. You could just step 10 feet outside your building and hop into one of the 20 yellow cabs that passes every few minutes and give the driver my address...if you are really in NYC

Enough with the nonsense already. Pay me or just admit the obvious truth that you need my money more than I do, that you've never set foot in any Trump property in NYC or you'd know how ridiculous it is to say anybody built a penthouse on top of one, you've never even met a "chauffer", but you enjoy this stupid game for some inexplicable reason to any normal person. You're really in some shack in Egypt next to an old TV with a wire hanger for an antenna and you have some need to pretend to be something you dream of being to a stranger you don't know except as somone on a long list of people you've ripped off in a small-time fraudulent operation. Let's be done with this nonsense already instead of playing this game.

And please don't bother pretending that you had any intention to pay me today before this email unless you want to prove to me that you're in NYC by calling me to tell me that from a 212 number. any other response besides your address or a call from 212 will do nothing but confirm my image of you and your wire hanger TV antenna using this game to feel better about yourself and your life. At least know that nobody really believes Any part of the image that you think you're presenting to the world of people who don't know you personally. I know exactly what you are...and what you're not, except in some fantasy life you've invented to keep a lousy $500 or $1000 that you need desperately."

Needless to say, I'm not expecting any kind of response other than her supposed taking such offense that she's "now" decided not to pay me after all.

WritersBeware  
Mar 14, 2012, 07:02PM | #96
Frankly, I'm quite disturbed by this entire episode. Because WRT has always publicly been on the right side of the fence (and I verified her passport and corporate documents), I have given her the benefit of the doubt for as long as I possibly could. If she does not pay freelancewriter what's due to him, her acts will have become indefensible.

Mar 14, 2012, 07:05PM | #97
WritersBeware:
Frankly, I'm quite disturbed by this entire episode. Because WRT has always publicly been on the right side of the fence (and I verified her passport and corporate documents), I have given her the benefit of the doubt for as long as I possibly could. If she does not pay freelancewriter what's due to him, her acts will have become indefensible.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

Mar 14, 2012, 07:07PM | #98
WritersBeware:
I have given her the benefit of the doubt for as long as I possibly could.

Only reason for your benefit of the doubt was she blindely supported your essay company. If she does not you do not support her. Eazy predictable trend.

WritersBeware  
Mar 14, 2012, 07:10PM | #99
stu4:
Only reason for your benefit of the doubt was she blindely supported your essay company. If she does not you do not support her. Eazy predictable trend.

Listen, Ukrainian street-walker, until you provide evidence to support your claims, just STFU. Nobody believes anything that you post, anyway.

Stop being so bitter just because both your sites and writers suck.

Mar 14, 2012, 07:14PM | #100
I think Hala supplied her bona fides at a time when she felt it was prudent to do so and might even have been genuine in her desire to run a reputable operation. Then, business died off and she had spent the money clients paid her and so she has had to mess her writers about. I figure she is probably taking all teh jobs that come in and doing them herself in a desperate attempt to maintain some income.

The Walter Mitty stuff is typical of con artists, they soon forget the line between the reality and the stories they make up to run their scams. I haven't heard from her after her last pathetic threat. Once she realised I am neither intimidated by her nor the easy mark she prefers she was gone. The same now for Freelance I'm sure.

Mar 14, 2012, 09:44PM | #101
Just got another call from her. No apology, no payment info, just wanted to discuss her "reputation."

"What can I do for you, Hala?"
"I just got your emails...I can't be spoken to like this...I know you think that I'm a..."
"Hala, we have nothing to discuss except a vaid Money Gram code."
"Do you know how to Google?"

Presumably, she's going to prove something to me about who she is or who her family is or some other nonsense.

"I'm not interested in Googling anything. Just get me a valid Money Gram code and the necessary pickup info or get out of my life.
"I'm just asking if you know how to Google."
"Just get me a valid Money Gram code and then I'll Google anything you want. Until then, get out of my life.
"OK fine, goodbye."

Click

Apr 9, 2012, 04:31PM | #103
Freelancewriter, I am really amazed by the amount of patience and dignity you have displayed in this. I reached the stage of "get out of my life" with Hala after only a couple of months and decided to cut my losses. I completed about 10 projects for writerighteam and was hardly paid for 2. My writing skills are nowhere as good as yours (I typically take up only highly technical or programming related tasks), yet Hala used to heap praise on me for being a "superb writer". I knew she was lying through her teeth, especially because I am under no illusions about my "superb" writing skills but I went along simply because I just wanted to get my money. She kept coming up with more and more outrageous excuses (some of which made me think she was literally minutes away from dying and yet was somehow trying to make sure I got my money). I went along with it to an extent after which I lost patience. I too have all the transactions, mails, screenshots etc but I am really not sure what I can do with them. I lost about 700$ and quite a bit of my sanity during the entire saga. Their client and writer websites are no longer working, I do hope it means that they are out of business now.

Apr 9, 2012, 05:23PM | #104
By the way, I must mention that whenever Hala called me, she used to get confused about where I live, the amount I was owed, the last transaction that was supposedly made to me etc etc. Could never keep her stories or details straight. It often made me think she had lost it. But now I realise that she was probably confused because she was trying to con many people at the same time with the same bunch of excuses and it was probably becoming tough to keep track. In one of her mails, she told me she had purchased ipads for my kids (I don't have any) and I was really baffled. They were probably for your kids, I am so sorry :):). In hindsight, I'm finding this really funny though it wasn't at that time.

Apr 9, 2012, 08:35PM | #106
poornima:
By the way, I must mention that whenever Hala called me, she used to get confused about where I live, the amount I was owed, the last transaction that was supposedly made to me etc etc. Could never keep her stories or details straight. It often made me think she had lost it. But now I realise that she was probably confused because she was trying to con many people at the same time with the same bunch of excuses and it was probably becoming tough to keep track. In one of her mails, she told me she had purchased ipads for my kids (I don't have any) and I was really baffled. They were probably for your kids, I am so sorry :):). In hindsight, I'm finding this really funny though it wasn't at that time.

Yeah, I left out a lot of details. One of the last times she called me to promise her "chauffer" would be bringing my money to me was around 1:00 AM local time. About 3 hours later, my phone rings again:

"Hello?"
"Beth"
"Who?"
"Beth"
"What can I do for you, Hala?"
"Oh, Charles! Sorry...sorry...sorry..."
-Click-

As was the case about half the times that she called, she sounded extremely "groggy" (let's say it was just groggy to be as polite as possible about it...although it sounded very much the same as when she called after her two different supposed "surgeries" when she was obviously doing her best to sound zonked out on her pain medication). Just to recap: Surgey #1 was the time that her "sister" emailed using Hala's IPad saying she was in Cromwell Hospital for gall blader surgery. I called Cromwell and they had no patient by her name or by the corrected name her "sister" provided when I mentioned that afterwards. Surgey #2 was the sinus surgey she had in NYC at a hospital she couldn't name after which she had to stay in bed recuperating for 2-3 weeks in the penthouse apartment in a "Trump building" whose address, street #, and phone # she didn't know. She claimed to be in NYC for about a whole month without being able to find out where she lives because she "hardly ever goes out." Her response to being challenged and told that she's obviously nowhere within a thousand miles of NYC was to say that she was in "the Trump building right opposite Central Park" and "Ask the company where I am if you don't believe me." I have all this nonsense on tape if she ever refutes it here.

The last time she called me was to complain about what I'd said here (and in my last email to her) about her probably living in a mud hut with a coat hanger for a TV antenna and an electrical cable running through a hole in a window screen tapping into the electric pole in a Cairo street (or something like that). That was the last I ever heard of this international jet-setting professional business woman who lives in "penthouses" and who has a "chauffer" on call 24/7 but who obviously needs our money more than we do.

Apr 9, 2012, 09:09PM | #107
FreelanceWriter:
That was the last I ever heard of this international jet-setting professional business woman who lives in "penthouses" and who has a "chauffer" on call 24/7 but who obviously needs our money more than we do.

You angry and pathetic you have no penthouse and no chauffer, dont you.

Apr 9, 2012, 09:14PM | #108
stu4:
You angry and pathetic you have no penthouse and no chauffer, dont you.

I'm perfectly content with my life and not the one making up ridiculous stories about penthouses and chauffers intimating that my family is fabulously wealthy to impress relative strangers.

Apr 9, 2012, 09:28PM | #109
Groggy? The lying tart was pissed as a newt. She stopped threatening me with legal action after I called her bluff. Like I said, at one time I think she was genuine and then things fell apart and she handled it badly. I wonder how many other children are waiting for their iPads from Aunty Hala?

Apr 10, 2012, 07:31AM | #110
Perry Gamsby:
Like I said, at one time I think she was genuine and then things fell apart and she handled it badly. I wonder how many other children are waiting for their iPads from Aunty Hala?

LOL, that's too funny. Not mine for sure. When they are born, I'll make sure to let them know she is always ill or jet setting, poor thing.
Frankly speaking, I don't think she was ever genuine. She probably pretended well for a while because she knew that it was the only way to lure business (and writers). I cannot believe that any genuine, sane person can handle it so badly. If things were going badly, she could have probably apologized, explained things, paid whatever she could and be done with it instead of spinning yarns and yarns of crap.
By the way, the driver or "chauffer" was a pretty regular feature in her mails to me too, no matter which part of the world she claimed to be in. He always had the money too. Oh, and her sister mailed me too. This was her exact mail:

Hello,
I am Dina, Hala;s sister. Fr the first tie ever she gave me her computer password! And a list of people to respond to (just 3) if they write. You are on the list.

She has bee in hospital sinus operation and severely bleeding stomach ulcers (she keeps throwing up blood) since last Saturday midnight. She'll be released tomorrow but will call you. noy write, as she will be very tired. But she is very eager to talk to you. She told me she found her `right hand girl' in you!

The three people she is talking about must be me, you and Freelancewriter, LOL.

Apr 10, 2012, 04:55PM | #111
poornima:
I cannot believe that any genuine, sane person can handle it so badly. If things were going badly, she could have probably apologized, explained things, paid whatever she could and be done with it instead of spinning yarns and yarns of crap.

I'd agree with this. A normal sane person who is not a habitual con artist would at least have some remorse or shame. They'd be extremely apologetic in their tone instead of indignant, as though the people to whom they owe money and who've been promised numerous times that they'd get their money by a date certain are "annoying" her. (I left this out of my rough transcript of our last phone conversation, but she also said "You'll get your damned money" like I'm the one being unreasonable for demanding it or something.) There's also something that's not quite "normal" or "sane" about maintaining her end of all of these ruses in hundreds and hundreds of emails (just to me over a few months, let alone all the others) when there's obviously no intention of making any further payment. A normal person would just admit there's a financial problem and apologize for being unable to pay instead of pretending transaction after transaction "failed" while making constant indirect references intended to create the simultaneous impression of great wealth and privilege. As I've said before, anybody of the wealth that Hala likes to pretend to have would consider these debts pocket change and not worth the time to email and call about for months on end. The one client who stiffed me on her very last two papers after using my work for 3+ years is a perfect example in contrasts: she just apologized for not being able to pay me and said she was going through hard financial times; she didn't claim to be unable to make the transaction because she was stranded on her family's yacht in the French Riviera. Still a low-life thing to do, but she didn't compound it by dragging it out for many months and wasting that much more of my time with her endless nonsense and fantasies about living the type of life she obviously covets. It must be exhausting to spend all day and night responding to multiple victims about phony wire transfers, phantom Money Gram transactions, non-existent "agents," multiple surgeries, making dozens of overseas phone calls, and supposed individuals in possession of her I-Pad. That probably explains the "grogginess" in her voice in most of her phone calls.
Highly-experienced professional writer located in NYC. JD (Law) from NYLS. nycfreelancewriter.homestead.com/services.html

Apr 10, 2012, 05:43PM | #112
FreelanceWriter:
A normal person would just admit there's a financial problem and apologize for being unable to pay instead of pretending transaction after transaction "failed" while making constant indirect references intended to create the simultaneous impression of great wealth and privilege.

You've hit the nail on the head, couldn't agree more. Normal, sane people probably can't even imagine making the kind of absurd claims and promises she made, those are the trademark tactics of people who con others for a living. I mean, her promises of paying me 2000$ extra (apart from the 700 she genuinely owed) is hardly different from the spam mail I got yesterday from Ms.Liza Wong who promises to transfer a billion dollars to me if only I'd give her my account details. Only con artists make such ridiculous promises. Why would a genuine person want to pay loads of extra money to a virtual stranger?

I just hope that she and her bunch of crooks won't resurface under some other company name now.

Apr 10, 2012, 05:45PM | #113
I have met a few con artists in my time. One is Arthur Youngblood Hawke, Canadian liar par excellence who I managed to help hound out of Panama. I have always felt that if they put the effort and genius into good instead of evil they would be rich and successful for good rather than swinging from rich to poor and always looking over their shoulder.

Hala, we know you are reading this. I pity you. Absolutely pity you. I bet all your life you just haven't quite made the grade and now, getting so much older, life is ending and you know it won't get any better than it has. Next to tragic in the dictionary there is a photo of a shack made out of old date sacks, a length of bare wire leads the eye up to a bent coat hanger on the plywood roof where, if it would hold your weight, you could get a glimpse of the sewer running fifteen miles in a straight line then bending round the back of the pyramids. On the cardboard front door is a hand lettered sign saying 'Oxbridge Researchers - By Appointment Only'

Apr 10, 2012, 05:54PM | #114
Perry Gamsby:
Hala, we know you are reading this.

I think I'll forward the link to this discussion to her mail id just to make sure, LOL.

Apr 10, 2012, 11:49PM | #115
I'll add the $50 she owes me to the $876million I am waiting on from several Burkina Faso bank deals I have on the go. Of course, I have advised all my other relatives to A) never fly and B) don't leave millions on deposit in any West African bank.

Apr 11, 2012, 03:59PM | #116
Perry Gamsby:
A) never fly and B) don't leave millions on deposit in any West African bank.

C) Don't build guesthouses on top of Trump buildings for your "chauffers" because then you'll never know where you live. D) "Opposite to a park" is a nice, accurate way to give out your address.

Apr 11, 2012, 04:04PM | #117
On a serious note, I am a newbie on the forum and i have been exploring the different threads. One thing I have noticed is that Hala was definitely quite good at this. She had quite a few people fooled which probably made it all the more difficult for those duped by her to raise their voices. I mean, Freelancewriter is probably one of the senior members of the forum and a well respected one at that. Moreover, he was smart enough to record all her idiotic promises. Hala probably knew better than to argue that he is one of the bitter, failed writers. But I see that others who complained against her were always accused by her of being fired, being incompetent etc (might even be true in some cases). However, when it happens, it is often difficult for other forum members to make up their minds, especially if one of them has managed to fool everyone with her holier than thou attitude. I wonder if anyone would have believed me if I had posted my own experiences before her insanity became public knowledge, considering that I did not record any of her calls. I do have the mail conversations but how long does it take for someone to claim that they are altered or fake? I am not an established member like FLW and I am most definitely not capable of dazzling everyone instantly with my English skills to prove that there's no possible way I can be a failed writer. Infact, she as good as implied it in several of her mails that noone is going to believe me if i tried to publish my experiences online (though not in the context of this forum).

I am just wondering what writers like me can do in such scenarios to warn others. I say this because I am sure there were many other writers coming on board even as I was fighting with her. I often saw requests for newer writers (writer 395, 396 etc) long after I stopped taking orders. I did write about the experience in my blog and another public site but someone from their team left a comment there saying I am a liar so I don't know how much of a difference that made. I lost a lot of my hard earned money and mental peace during the process. I do not blame myself for signing up with them, I had researched the company well before signing up and found nothing negative. So, I guess am just wondering - what is the learning I am supposed to take away from this?

Apr 11, 2012, 07:40PM | #120
MeoKhan:
You still don't know that? :-?

No, I don't. I had researched the company well before signing up. There was nothing negative against it at that time. In fact, there were a lot of positive vibes. Even assuming I was foolish, how do you explain the other senior writers who have been scammed too? So, you tell me, what's the learning here? Of course, not believing promises etc is all fine but by that point, I had already lost the money. Like Perry mentioned, by that point, it was more of a Pascal's wager.

Forum / Writing Careers /

22 users online in the last hour