boom8088 (part 2)

margie

mjr_writer

mnomn

OxbridgeResearchers

rustyironchains

FYI, apparently, EssayWriters.net attempts to blackmail writers who complain:

mnomn:
one of their terms specifies that an account will be terminated with no reimbursement whatsoever if there is any evidence that the writer has disparaged the company's name in any way. So much for freedom of speech. If you choose to criticize their business and they find out = they are not going to pay you for all the hard work you have been doing for them. What kind of agreement is this? Wouldn't they have more to gain if they took care of their own reputation by being even somewhat professional?

http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/14/essaywriters-net-fraud-1230/#msg19924

WritersBeware  
Sep 29, 2009, 06:55PM | #
Lavinia:
EW is the most complained about company from a writer's perspective on this forum. i find it really hard to believe that everyone who has posted complaining about them plagiarized. if you choose to write for them despite all the posts, don't come whining here when they decide to start holding payments again.

WritersBeware  
Sep 29, 2009, 07:23PM | #
After briefly searching this forum, I came across the preceding 18, qualified writers who were abused and/or defrauded by EssayWriters.net. I'm absolutely certain that there are many, many more example victims in this forum alone. For every defrauded writer who finds this forum and then actually takes the time to recount his/her story for us, how many other victims post their stories elsewhere or quietly stop writing for EssayWriters.net and move on with their lives?

WritersBeware  
Sep 29, 2009, 07:29PM | #
veronica:
Is someone initiating a class action lawsuit? I'm interested if that process has begun. If not, does anyone know how that works? I have the same basic story as the rest of you. I was paid once, $320. The now owe me about $800 and have my payments on hold for 3 months due to plagiarism and their inability to check the papers quickly enough. The plagiarism they found was on cited quotes in the body of the paper, as requested by the "customer". The other plagiarism issue was on a complete copy of a journal article used in the paper, which I sent to the customer at their request. They are using the plagiarism software as an excuse not to pay writers...if you take a looka t the instructions for the software (turnitin) you can see that it's not meant to be a confirmed report....the "professor" is supposed to use the software to point out red flags. The professor then reviews, sees that the work is cited and understands that it's not plagiarism. Essaywriters is not doing that recheck. Everyone should notify the software compnay of the misuse of the software....give them a bad name. Again, lawsuit and I'm in.

Sep 30, 2009, 05:30AM | #
Can you kindly add me to that list? I used to work for that company but they kept fining me for mistakes that were not mine. There was this one time when they fined me because of bad feedback that the client left for the previous writer who worked on his paper. Even though the client already praised my revisions, they would not lift the penalty off. I collected what they owed me minus the fines and stopped writing for them. I now work for several websites that are relatively better but I am still looking for that site that openly admits to hiring writers from all locations. I was lucky enough to find such a site but some hot-tempered people started complaining when I posted to ask about it.

Sep 30, 2009, 08:21AM | #
WRT:
More to the point, they are defrauding all their writers. Take a look at today's orders and price per page:

I agree. I haven't taken any orders from them for quite sometime now because of the ridiculous prices. I've tried to talk some sense into them about it but it's pointless. They would REALLY get so much more business if they start treating their writers better. :(

pheelyks  
Sep 30, 2009, 11:58AM | #
Do they actually pay strictly by the page, whether its single- or double-spaced (as indicated on the screen shots)?

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 01:15PM | #
Does anyone else notice how EW_writer is the only person to consistently defend EssayWriters.net in the face of overwhelming evidence of fraud and illegal activities? He has claimed repeatedly that only fraudulent, unqualified, plagiarizing, and/or otherwise deserving-of-punishment writers get abused by EssayWriters.net. For example:

the only disgruntled EW writers that we ever see here are the ones who did plagiarize or write poorly or do anything else that could give EW the excuse to penalize their earnings.

EW_writer:
They would REALLY get so much more business if they start treating their writers better. :(

Shut up, kiss-ass. You have repeatedly insulted every member whose name appears in this thread. Why don't you post your proof as to exactly how each and every one of these members "DESERVED" the abuse that he or she received from your filthy employer?

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 01:22PM | #
Manunulat

WRT

This thread is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 01:36PM | #
WRT:
More to the point, they are defrauding all their writers. Take a look at today's orders and price per page:

Thank you for shedding light on the fact that EssayWriters.net pays desperate, foreign and/or ESL writers $3.24 per page (or less), and then has the audacity to fine them because their writing is "poor." No sh*t, Sherlock—who else accepts such paltry pay?

Paltry payment + baseless fines = approximately 90% profit for EssayWriters.net.

Sep 30, 2009, 05:28PM | #
EW_writer:
I've tried to talk some sense into them about it but it's pointless.

It looks like they've listened to you :)
WritersBeware:
EssayWriters.net pays desperate, foreign and/or ESL writers $3.24 per page (or less),

Don't be so quick to judge! St. Nick's paid EW a visit and brought a whole sack of $4 -$5 orders along.

Sep 30, 2009, 05:30PM | #
pheelyks:
Do they actually pay strictly by the page, whether its single- or double-spaced (as indicated on the screen shots)?

Single-spaced pages pay double

WritersBeware:
how each and every one of these members "DESERVED" the abuse

Give it up, egg-sucker. I never said that EVERYONE who was ever fined or fired by EW DESERVED it. "Kiss-ass"? Try quoting the entire post, moron.

EW_writer:
I agree. I haven't taken any orders from them for quite sometime now because of the ridiculous prices. I've tried to talk some sense into them about it but it's pointless. They would REALLY get so much more business if they start treating their writers better. :(

So I kissed WRT's ass because I what? Agreed with him that ew is a cruddy company? So that I can do what? Defend ew? Ha! You're hopeless.

Hey.. I checked that reading comprehension class and found that I can get you enrolled in it for only US$89.25. How about this, I'll pay for both that and your critical thinking lessons? :P

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 05:32PM | #
WRT:
Don't be so quick to judge! St. Nick's paid EW a visit and brought a whole sack of $4 -$5 orders along.

My bad.

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 05:34PM | #
"Deny, deny, and if that doesn't work, deny some more!"

EW_writer:
I never said that EVERYONE who was ever fined or fired by EW DESERVED it.

WritersBeware:
the only disgruntled EW writers that we ever see here are the ones who did plagiarize or write poorly or do anything else that could give EW the excuse to penalize their earnings.

Does anyone here trust anything that this flagrant liar and word-spinner types? Seriously—I think that he attended "The Clinton School of Semantics."

Sep 30, 2009, 05:48PM | #
I signed up in 2006. Picked up one three-page order, assuming that the order total was their per page offering. After I discovered my mistake, decided not to write for them again. That was almost two years ago. Last week I received a flurry of emails from them so, out of curiosity, logged in. Guess what?! They had assigned me an order (never even notified me) and then proceeded to fine me about $150 for not delivering within the 48 hour deadline.

Customers - should you trust a site which assigns your orders to inactive writers?

Sep 30, 2009, 05:54PM | #
WritersBeware:
"Deny, deny,

Blah blah blah...

EW_writer:

Why don't you ask WRT or Manunulat if they believe everything that you're saying against me? :P

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 05:59PM | #
EW_writer:
Why don't you ask WRT or Manunulat if they believe everything that you're saying against me?

No problem!

Hey, WRT and Manunulat, do you believe what I type? If not, please let me know precisely what you would like me to prove further, and I will gladly oblige. Unlike EW_writer, I actually provide evidence to support my claims.

Sep 30, 2009, 06:05PM | #
WritersBeware:
Hey, WRT and Manunulat, do you believe what I type?

Nice try.

EW_writer:
Why don't you ask WRT or Manunulat if they believe everything that you're saying against me? :P

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 06:13PM | #
As time has gone by, EW_writer has begun to disingenuously insert words like "usually," "generally," and "most" in an attempt to cover his arse in future arguments with me (like this one).

EW_writer:
people who have posted arguments against essaywriters.net in as far as this site is concerned have yet to present any tangible proof that their demands are both justified and real. simply typing your supposed unpaid orders doesn't cut it. Simply claiming that they cheated you out of a bankwire that never came won't cut it.

EW_writer:
It's easy to see why a lot of people do not like essaywriters.net. The lot of these people are hacks who thought they could get away with writing plagiarized or highly unsatisfactory work for the company just to earn a buck. A few others are individuals who have a genuine moral concern against the advent of term paper mills. The rest are sorry *** competitors who just can't keep up with the best in the business.

EW_writer:
in general, those who come here complaining about getting booted/fined by ew deserved it

EW_writer:
I did however claim that the people who come here crying over getting booted/fined by ew usually deserved it.

EW_writer:
I do believe that many (though not all) of the "writers" who were fined by ew to kingdom come deserved it.

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 06:18PM | #
Bottom line:

EW_writer has provided absolutely no proof whatsoever that even 10% (let alone "all" or "most") of the "hacks" and "crying" writers (his words, not mine) who have posted their experiences here "deserved" being fined and/or denied previously earned payments. Remember, originally, he claimed that "only" fraudsters got fined and denied earnings. Then, after people challenged him, he began to slyly incorporate (as if nobody would notice) the convenient "exit plan" words in his bullsh*t defenses of EssayWriters.net so that he could later type, "Oh, but I didn't state that every writer deserves it; only 99 out of 100 (sssshhhhhhhhhh, be vehhhhhwy, vehhhhhhwy quiet—it's witer season").

elmer

Sep 30, 2009, 06:27PM | #
WritersBeware:
Hey, WRT and Manunulat, do you believe what I type?

About the scumbags? No, I don't. Not a word. EW is honest and only ever hires qualified, Native English language speakers with PhD's and MA's. Same goes for Academia-Research and all the others. What do you think?

Seriously now, what has WB been saying over the past 3 years:
1) EW underpays writers and lies to customers;
2) AR underpays writers and lies to customers;
3) Unless you can actually write in English, don't write in English;
4) Companies should not claim to be American or British unless they really are (ownership is British/American and not just fake, online registration);
5) etc etc etc

Do I believe her? Definitely! Do I want her to continue? YES.

Short answer: Yes, I believe you on the issues and think you are doing a good job exposing the scammers.

EW_writer:
Why don't you ask WRT or Manunulat if they believe everything that you're saying against me?

About you, as a person? No.

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 06:30PM | #
WRT:
EW_writer:

OK, if I understand correctly, you do not believe everything I have claimed about EW_writer. That's fine. I actually welcome doubt, as it affords me the opportunity to present evidence. What, specifically, would you like me to prove?

Sep 30, 2009, 06:34PM | #
Haha! So now that I corrected what WRT and Manunulat should be replying to, you go uinto full gear trying to divert the topic. :) The quotes that you posted don't mean a thing. The first two were made in threads where some unqualified writers were complaining against EW and were obviously made in the context of those threads. The last three clearly do not state that ALL writers who get fined by ew deserved it.

Now, let's wait for WRT and Manunulat's response, shall we? Or would you rather muddle things even further?

The question stands:

EW_writer:

WritersBeware:
No problem!

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 06:35PM | #
Idiot.

WritersBeware:
OK, if I understand correctly, you do not believe everything I have claimed about EW_writer. That's fine. I actually welcome doubt, as it affords me the opportunity to present evidence. What, specifically, would you like me to prove?

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 06:36PM | #
EW_writer:
The last three clearly do not state that ALL writers who get fined by ew deserved it.

WritersBeware:
As time has gone by, EW_writer has begun to disingenuously insert words like "usually," "generally," and "most" in an attempt to cover his arse in future arguments with me (like this one).

Sep 30, 2009, 06:40PM | #
WRT:

Thanks.

WRT:
1) EW underpays writers and lies to customers;
2) AR underpays writers and lies to customers;
3) Unless you can actually write in English, don't write in English;
4) Companies should not claim to be American or British unless they really are (ownership is British/American and not just fake, online registration);

1.) I agree.
2.) I don't know for certain 'coz I've never taken an order from them.
3.) I agree. It affects the industry negatively.
4.) I disagree, on the grounds that this entire industry is unethical and so unethically doing other things besides supplying students their homework really doesn't matter much in my book.

WritersBeware:

This I gotta see. :D

Sep 30, 2009, 06:41PM | #
Well, I definitely disagree with the above quotes. They, in no way, represent the reason why EW fires or fines writers. Not even "generally" or "usually."

Sep 30, 2009, 06:50PM | #
WRT:
Well, I definitely disagree with the above quotes. They, in no way, represent the reason why EW fires or fines writers. Not even "generally" or "usually."

If you meant the quotes from msg 22, you can go right ahead and click the first two links to read the posts of some of the writers who I was referring to as "hacks". As for the last three quotes, I stand by them but have no problems with you disagreeing with them.

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 06:53PM | #
EW_writer:
4.) I disagree, on the grounds that this entire industry is unethical and so unethically doing other things besides supplying students their homework really doesn't matter much in my book.

WRT, how does one even attempt to reason with such a criminal mindset? (Never mind the fact that numerous people have already posted evidence and testified to the fact that the core, original companies in the industry are ethical and law-abiding, having already appeared in court to prove themselves as such.)

EW_writer's mottos:

"If you're going to be a criminal, be the best criminal."

"If you see a robbery in progress, always help the robber because secondary crime does pay—and it's not illegal!"

Sep 30, 2009, 06:53PM | #
EW_writer:
4.) I disagree, on the grounds that this entire industry is unethical

Two wrongs do not make a right, especially not when there are a couple of little things called consumer law and consumer rights hanging over our heads.
EW_writer:
supplying students their homework

Not all the companies and the writers in this business do that. Some very very explicitly (and in big print) dissallow the use of their services in any way which would violate academic integrity principles. Others only pay lip service to this basic ethics tenant through the publication of a hardly visble, 4-5 word, disclaimer at the footer of their homepage.

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 07:15PM | #
EW_writer:
I disagree, on the grounds that this entire industry is unethical and so unethically doing other things besides supplying students their homework really doesn't matter much in my book.

"I disagree that a rape that takes place in a pr0n shop is illegal, on the grounds that the entire **** industry is unethical and so unethically doing other things besides supplying pr0n really doesn't matter much in my book."

Sep 30, 2009, 08:36PM | #
WRT:
Two wrongs do not make a right, especially not when there are a couple of little things called consumer law and consumer rights hanging over our heads.

But there are laws against peddling homework too, so even in that regard, the issue is a tie. However my opinions (and everyone elses') on the matter have little value on this forum. I say we all just wait for charges to actually be filed and for foreign essay mill companies to actually be proven guilty of misrepresentation.

WRT:
Not all the companies and the writers in this business do that. Some very very explicitly (and in big print) dissallow the use of their services in any way which would violate academic integrity principles.

But have absolutely no teeth to enforce such prohibitions, right?

WritersBeware:
"I disagree that a rape that takes place in a pooon shop is illegal, on the grounds that the entire pooon industry is unethical and so unethically doing other things besides supplying pooon really doesn't matter much in my book."

Talk about false parallelisms. Did I mix illegal with unethical anywhere in my post? Nope. Go back to sucking those eggs and please continue to consider my offer on those courses that you desperately need to take.

Sep 30, 2009, 08:58PM | #
EW_writer:

If we want to and can prove it, we can take the customer to civil court for the violation of the Terms of Service.
EW_writer:
But there are laws against peddling homework too

Unethical does not necessarily mean illegal. Plagiarism is, unequivocally and inarguably, illegal because it is a form of 1) fraud and 2) involves the violation of copyright laws. `Homework peddling' (although this is not what the `real' companies and writers do) is not illegal. In both the EU and Australia, however, there is an attempt to define it as a form of `corruption.' If successful, this means that those who knowingly encourage and participate in plagiarism for financial gain, could be found guilty of facilitating public corruption.
EW_writer:
I say we all just wait for charges to actually be filed and for foreign essay mill companies to actually be proven guilty of misrepresentation.

I do not believe that charges will be filed any time soon. I, for one, will not hold my breath. Furthermore, even if they are found guilty in a court of law, many of these companies are only paper-registrants in the UK and US; they are not physically located in either of these countries and their owners are not US or UK nationals. So, even if they are found guilty and a ruling is entered against them, how will it be enforced?

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 09:10PM | #
EW_writer:
I say we all just wait for charges to actually be filed and for foreign essay mill companies to actually be proven guilty of misrepresentation.

Hey, genius—it already happened. See the ***** vs. SNR case. All 555 of *****'s sites went bye-bye.

EW_writer:

Do auto makers have "teeth" to prevent consumer abuse of their products? Do gun makers have "teeth"? Do beer makers have "teeth"? Do prescription drug makers have "teeth"? Shut up already with your pathetic, miserably failed excuses to commit fraud.

WRT:
So, even if they are found guilty and a ruling is entered against them, how will it be enforced?

Those with forethought always finish ahead.

The people who sue EssayWriters.net need not have any expectation of monetary recovery or criminal prosecution. That's the beauty and simplicity of the complaint. The only thing that matters is the almighty search engine (again, see ***** vs. SNR). It doesn't matter if EW_writer's crooked employer is in Ukraine or on Krypton. As long as a US Federal Court (in any district) orders Google, Yahoo, and MSN to ban his filthy employer's sites (as happened in the ***** vs. SNR case), the sites are as good as dead, and EW_writer can kiss his dirty income good-bye. The crooks can't sell what consumers can't find.

Sep 30, 2009, 09:43PM | #
WRT:
If we want to and can prove it, we can take the customer to civil court for the violation of the Terms of Service.

That may be so but your first "if" is the big IF. >.<

WRT:
Unethical does not necessarily mean illegal.

Never said it was.

WRT:
`Homework peddling' (although this is not what the `real' companies and writers do) is not illegal.

You should watch the CNN report. Homework peddling is illegal across many American states.

WritersBeware:
the sites are as good as dead, and EW_writer can kiss his dirty income good-bye.

Dirty income? You mean what I earn from providing clients with excellent yet reasonably priced work? Ok... I'm sure my clients would be happy to see me gone. >.<

WritersBeware  
Sep 30, 2009, 10:02PM | #
EW_writer:
You should watch the CNN report. Homework peddling is illegal across many American states.

WRT, EW_writer is lying, and he knows it. The CNN reporter is either mistaken or misread the laws (if she read them at all). I already quoted the exact laws in another thread and proved—beyond a shadow of a doubt—that example research sites are, in and of themselves, absolutely not illegal. What is specifically illegal is for any person, Web site, or company to sell a ready-to-submit paper to a person who gives the seller reasonable cause to believe that the he or she plans to use the paper to commit plagiarism and/or academic fraud.

Is selling a pickup truck illegal? No.

Would a car salesman be held criminally responsible if he sold a pickup truck, on-the-spot, to a customer who walks onto the lot and says, "Hey, Carl, sell me this pickup truck so that I can commit vehicular homicide against my wife"? Yes.

WritersBeware:
As long as a US Federal Court (in any district) orders Google, Yahoo, and MSN to ban his filthy employer's sites (as happened in the ***** vs. SNR case), the sites are as good as dead, and EW_writer can kiss his dirty income good-bye. The crooks can't sell what consumers can't find.

LOL, the clock is ticking. By the way, the ***** case will serve as uncannily relevant precedent for the plaintiffs. Oh, and by the way, when a class action lawsuit gets filed against EssayWriters.net, any person can join in the litigation against EssayWriters.net.

Forum / Writing Careers /

62 users online in the last hour