EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered [1]      
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 58 - page 1 of 2

Legitimate writing sites to work for?

Oct 24, 2007, 01:45AM | #1
Everyone is saying that the sites I have found thus far are located in the Ukraine and are illigitimate. Can anyone out there tell me what legitimate sites are available to write for? I've written for US magazines and wanted to expand my horizons. Please help!

Elizabeth

Oct 24, 2007, 01:53AM | #2
better for you to continue writing for US magazines. you can also try news reporting or write documentaries for an established company. or maybe, you can author you own book...

WritersBeware  
Oct 24, 2007, 01:56AM | #3
Suggestions are not allowed. All I can tell you is that you should NEVER agree to work for any essay company with a minimum pay rate of less than $8.00. In fact, none of the legitimate, American companies that started this industry pay less than $10 per page.

All of the fraudulent sites offer desperate writers as low as $0.75 per page, with the average being about $3-4 per page. That is slave labor, but they think they can get away with it as long as ESL writers from poor countries like Pakistan, India, and the Philippines keep taking the bait.

Here's the catch: the fraudulent sites from Ukraine blatantly lie to American customers about using only "native English-speaking writers with master- and doctoral-level degrees from American universities." So, the crooks from sites like EssayWriters.net take advantage of poor writers, and screw American customers at the same time. Fraud makes for big profits.

WritersBeware  
Apr 5, 2009, 01:09PM | #5
NEITHER.

WritersBeware:
Suggestions are not allowed.

Apr 5, 2009, 03:59PM | #6
omg, i paid 50 dollars on a site called primessays.com for a paper. I thought they were elgitimate becasue they emailed back. Is this site a scam? please help!!!!

WritersBeware  
Apr 5, 2009, 04:02PM | #7
Primeessays.com is obviously cheap, ripoff, ESL garbage. It seems to be registered to a Ukrainian or Russian named Dmytro Sushko.

Apr 5, 2009, 08:06PM | #8
Well, I am not advertising anything here. But after being blatantly ripped of by ET, I tried Oxbridge essays and am extremely pleased with their service. Even though, they are a bit expensive, I will definitely use this company again as they seem to be the most professional of all the companies being toted about on this forum. I even visited their office and had a chat with one of their representatives there. For me this is the most legit company.

Cheers
Falcon

Apr 6, 2009, 05:00PM | #9
Falcon:
Well, I am not advertising anything here. But after being blatantly ripped of by ET, I tried Oxbridge essays and am extremely pleased with their service. Even though, they are a bit expensive, I will definitely use this company again as they seem to be the most professional of all the companies being toted about on this forum. I even visited their office and had a chat with one of their representatives there. For me this is the most legit company.
ET doesn't rip anybody off. My educated guess would be either that: (1) you placed an order that was never taken by a writer and you haven't waited to see your next cc billing statement for the refund before assuming the worst; (2) you placed an order and then asked for revisions after the work was done; the writer refused because the paper already met 100% of what you originally specified in your order and the revisions weren't necessitated by any fault of the writer; or (3) this is 100% BS and you're actually a competitor.

The first two are the only circumstances that could possibly result in a student's ever feeling "ripped off" by ET. I've been writing about 50 papers a month for them since 2003 so I know what I'm talking about.

Apr 6, 2009, 06:58PM | #10
Falcon posted about his situation elsewhere - he got a poor writer who didn't know the topic. Hence the feeling of being ripped off.

Since you don't know anything about his situation FW, you should probably shut up.

WritersBeware  
Apr 6, 2009, 07:46PM | #11
Lavinia:
Hence the feeling of being ripped off.

He never mentioned a "feeling." He clearly stated that he was "blatantly ripped off," which is nonsense. Strong statement; no proof. Here are the possibilities (in no particular order):

* he's a lying competitor who never placed an order (certainly wouldn't be the first time);
* he received a refund;
* he refused to accept a re-write or a new writer, per standard contract;
* he altered his original specs.

Legitimate companies have no vested interest in "ripping off" customers. Obvious ethical/moral obligations aside, it simply doesn't make business sense.

Apr 6, 2009, 07:48PM | #12
Lavinia:
Since you don't know anything about his situation FW, you should probably shut up.
Anybody here happen to know if the C-word is allowed when it's totally appropriate and accurate? Just curious.

As WB explained, what a person who's own writing ability is such that he needs to pay for writing services "feels" about a professional writer's abilities is one thing; it's not a "rip-off" let alone a blatant one, especially in an environment where there are companies like yours who lie about where they're located, who their writers are, or may never even provide ANY essay after charging and arm and a leg for them. CU Next Tuesday.

WritersBeware  
Apr 6, 2009, 07:54PM | #13
FreelanceWriter:
companies like yours who lie about where they're located

I don't think that she works for any of the foreign frauds.

Apr 6, 2009, 07:56PM | #14
WritersBeware:
He never mentioned a "feeling." He clearly stated that he was "blatantly ripped off," which is certainly nonsense.

Hey, NO PROMOTIONS ALLOWED. Haven't you read the rules?

Oh wait... ah, yes.. they don't apply to those with above average butt-size and below average intelligence quotient, criteria that only you seem to fit around here. :D

Hey Lav, if you believe Falcon's story that "he got a poor writer who didn't know the topic" does that mean that you acknowledge that ET also has some bad writers?

Apr 6, 2009, 08:03PM | #15
EW_writer:
...if you believe Falcon's story that "he got a poor writer who didn't know the topic" does that mean that you acknowledge that ET also has some bad writers?
I think it's fair to say that every company in the business has some writers who are much better than others; I don't think a customer's characterization is necessarily accurate and I know that there's a tremendous difference between not liking an essay from one writer and accusing a company of a "blatant rip off."
Highly-experienced professional writer located in NYC. JD (Law) from NYLS. nycfreelancewriter.homestead.com/services.html

WritersBeware  
Apr 6, 2009, 08:12PM | #16
EW_writer:
NO PROMOTIONS ALLOWED

You call what I posted "promotion"? Calling a spade a spade is not "promotion." I didn't even mention a site name! You're ridiculous. Is that the best ya got—the usual, nonsensical comparisons and name-calling? Well, I already know the answer.

Once again, EW_writer posts solely in an attempt to defame both me and a legitimate company because he simply can't STAND honesty and legitimate business practices. Such tenets make his skin crawl.

Apr 6, 2009, 10:37PM | #17
WB can you share your super knowledge of legit sites out there? I've done quite a bit of looking and still cant find SINGLE website that seems legit. Nearly every single writing website is being talked about here at essayscams... my email is bobokz999@yahoo dot com

Apr 6, 2009, 10:53PM | #18
WritersBeware:
but they think they can get away with it as long as ESL writers from poor countries like Pakistan, India, and the Philippines keep taking the bait.

And on what basis do you call India a "Poor" country?

Apr 6, 2009, 11:51PM | #19
WritersBeware:
You call what I posted "promotion"? Calling a spade a spade is not "promotion." I didn't even mention a site name!

WritersBeware:
He never mentioned a "feeling." He clearly stated that he was "blatantly ripped off," which is nonsense.

Riiight.... so you call ET a legit company and imply that it's incapable of hiring bad writers and then you say that's not promotion because it's the truth? What load of bull is that? Then again, can we expect anything other than dung to come out of that filth you call a mouth? Even FW here agrees that there are some ET writers who are much better than others, so I'm betting there are some bad ones who most likely get the boot after getting a few unsatisfied clients.

Apr 7, 2009, 01:02AM | #20
FreelanceWriter:
Anybody here happen to know if the C-word is allowed when it's totally appropriate and accurate? Just curious.

I don't know, why don't you ask the moderator?
Now I'd like to ask you a question: does threatening to use vulgar, sexist language make you feel like more of a big man? Do you feel more masculine and powerful having threatened me?

FreelanceWriter:
especially in an environment where there are companies like yours who lie about where they're located,

Hey you lying piece of trash, more questions for you: what companies do I work for and which of those lie about where they're located?

The answer: You don't know. You just pretended you did.
But I'll tell you: None that lie. All are legit and American.

Again, if you don't know what you're talking about, you should shut up.

I actually agree with EW_Writer - this thread is dripping with hypocrisy. FreelanceWriter is clearly promoting ET. He can't go more than a post or 2 without mentioning how many papers he writes for them, how long he's worked for them, and that they're legit.

Hey moron, that's a recommendation and that's NOT ALLOWED.

BTW, FreelanceWriter - I'm American, My degrees are from two Ivy League Institutions and I only work for legit sites. And I'll bet 100$ that I make more money than you writing - know how I know? Because I don't need to stoop to using this forum to get work.

Apr 7, 2009, 01:09AM | #21
WritersBeware:
Here are the possibilities (in no particular order):

* he's a lying competitor who never placed an order (certainly wouldn't be the first time);
* he received a refund;
* he refused to accept a re-write or a new writer, per standard contract;
* he altered his original specs.

Those aren't the only options. Perhaps Falcon received the paper, thought it was crap and left it at that. Perhaps Falcon complained and the company sided with the writer.

The bottomline is you don't know, I don't know, and FreelanceWriter sure as hell doesn't know.

Come on WB, FW is clearly promoting the site, like he has on multiple occasions, against board rules, and it needs to stop. I've been around on this forum long enough for you to know that I don't work for any frauds - the fact that FreelanceWriter would just LIE about that shows how pathetic he is.

Apr 7, 2009, 01:38AM | #22
And just to add - we won't get to hear what happened with Falcon and ET b/c ET has threatened this site with legal retaliation for posts about the company.

But FW, by offering a testimonial about the operations of ET, is clearly breaking the forum rules:

"As of February 5, 2009, due to legal threats from *********.com and in order to protect posters' privacy - opinions, reviews, or testimonials related to their operations may not be expressed here. Posts that mention "*********" will be edited or removed."

Stay tuned: Next Tuesday - Another commercial from FreelanceWriter!

WritersBeware  
Apr 7, 2009, 01:51AM | #23
dearbats:
And on what basis do you call India a "Poor" country?

Is that a serious question? Sorry, but I will not waste my time in providing the common-knowledge evidence. However, I just can't resist posting this ONE article, since you requested it:

India's Poor Urged to "Eat Rats"

Excerpt:
"Less than one percent of [the] 2.3 million [Musahar] population in Bihar is literate and 98% are landless."

Apr 7, 2009, 02:09AM | #24
WritersBeware:
Excerpt:
"Less than one percent of [the] 2.3 million [Musahar] population in Bihar is literate and 98% are landless."

My my... and posting this makes you feel real good about yourself, I'm sure. ^_^

WritersBeware  
Apr 7, 2009, 02:10AM | #25
EW_writer:
so you call ET a legit company

I applied the EXACT SAME test to ET that I have to all other sites that I have investigated, including your fraudulent employers. I verified its American address and phone number. I've talked to the owner and multiple employees several times on the phone (posing as a customer), and can personally confirm that they are American (the New Jersey accent is fairly unmistakable, which makes sense considering that their address is in New Jersey). I placed THREE test orders over an extended period of time. I had no problems of any kind. There are no fraudulent statements on their sites. There are no intentionally deceptive claims or misrepresentations of any kind. THAT is how/why I refer to the company as "legit" when liars like you try to defame for personal gain. Unless you can prove otherwise (and we both know that you can't), I invite you to shut your trap.

WritersBeware  
Apr 7, 2009, 02:12AM | #26
EW_writer:
My my... and posting this makes you feel real good about yourself, I'm sure. ^_^

He/she asked a specific question, and I answered it. Did I broach the subject? No. Mind your own business, crook.

Apr 7, 2009, 02:15AM | #27
Testimonials related to the operations of ET are against the rules of the forum.

The rule doesn't say "good testimonials are ok" or "bad testimonials only."

Either you can enforce the forum rules or break the rules, not both. Pick one.

WritersBeware  
Apr 7, 2009, 02:27AM | #28
Lavinia:
Those aren't the only options. Perhaps Falcon received the paper, thought it was crap and left it at that.

Well, if that were the case, he'd have no basis for complaint because he didn't even give the company a chance to honor its guarantee.

Lavinia:
Perhaps Falcon complained and the company sided with the writer.

Again, legitimate companies have NOTHING to gain by siding with a writer, unless the customer is so overtly in the wrong that the writer would potentially have cause to sue. Do you really think that a legit company cares more about a quick buck than a happy customer? Legit companies usually don't have many sites, and are in it for the long haul. The fraudulent companies tend to have MANY sites, and constantly create new ones, so that even if one of the sites earns a poor reputation, they always have more sites with which to scam unsuspecting customers (and writers) in any way they can.

Lavinia:
Come on WB, FW is clearly promoting the site, like he has on multiple occasions, against board rules, and it needs to stop.

If you were to do some searches, you would see that I was the FIRST person to voice concern that he not step over the line. EW_writer and his crooked buddies will never mention that fact.

I call'em like I see'em. Promotion is promotion. A site is either fraudulent or it isn't. I post the TRUTH, and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. People can't blame ME for what the TRUTH happens to be. The crooks hate me simply because the truth is NOT on their side. Their answer? Defame and discredit with false accusations, at any cost.

WritersBeware  
Apr 7, 2009, 02:36AM | #29
Lavinia:
Either you can enforce the forum rules or break the rules, not both. Pick one.

Not sure if you're directing your post to me, but I'll answer. It's quite simple, actually. I NEVER bring up ET. Never. Crooks make false accusations about me all the time because they are desperate. I will not sit idly by and let the nonsense go unanswered. If I have the knowledge and/or evidence to prove something false, I'm going to post it—about ANY site or company. If I get called out, forget it—you know that I'm going to respond. So, in short, if the crooks and liars were to stop defaming me, ET, or other legit entities, I'd have no reason to address ANY of those entities as part of a counter.

Apr 7, 2009, 02:56AM | #30
WritersBeware:
Not sure if you're directing your post to me, but I'll answer. It's quite simple, actually. I NEVER bring up ET. Never. Crooks make false accusations about me all the time because they are desperate. I will not sit idly by and let the nonsense go unanswered. If I have the knowledge and/or evidence to prove something false, I'm going to post it—about ANY site or company. If I get called out, forget it—you know that I'm going to respond. So, in short, if the crooks and liars were to stop defaming me, ET, or other legit entities, I'd have no reason to address ANY of those entities as part of a counter.

The rule is NO testimonials about ET, period. By posting testimonials about the operations of the company, both you and FW are breaking the rules. Having a good reason for breaking the rules doesn't mean that you're not BREAKING them.

I like this forum. I think it serves a good purpose. Breaking the rules makes both you and ET look bad. And FW, well, he's just hopeless.

Apr 7, 2009, 03:05AM | #31
WritersBeware:
Again, legitimate companies have NOTHING to gain by siding with a writer, unless the customer is so overtly in the wrong that the writer would potentially have cause to sue.

Look, that's just incorrect. I'll give just one example. The perception of a writer about the directions versus the perception of the client about the directions for a project can differ immensely. A client may think that they gave the writer good directions but be unhappy about the project as received, feeling that the writer didn't follow the directions. However, upon review, the writer may feel that her or she did follow the instructions as given. In such cases, the company has to intercede. The company may well feel that the writer is right. That doesn't mean that the company is out to rip off the customer. Nor does that mean either side is perfectly right while the other side is perfectly wrong. Real life is rarely that cut and dry.

The company may explain its decision to the client as best as possible but that doesn't stop the client from walking away feeling ripped off. And feeling that way doesn't make the customer a crook, which is what both you and FW inferred in the case of Falcon, without knowing ANY of the particulars.

And companies certainly have a strong incentive to stand by writers, particularly good ones that are reliable and an asset to the company. You or I or anyone else should not give customers the impression that a company will always side with them against the writer in the case of a disagreement - cuz that's just not what happens.

The way you describe things, any customer unhappy with the work of a legit company is a crook or 100% in the wrong and that's just not accurate.

Apr 7, 2009, 03:20AM | #32
WritersBeware:
Crooks make false accusations about me all the time because they are desperate. I will not sit idly by and let the nonsense go unanswered. If I have the knowledge and/or evidence to prove something false, I'm going to post it—about ANY site or company. If I get called out, forget it—you know that I'm going to respond. So, in short, if the crooks and liars were to stop defaming me, ET, or other legit entities, I'd have no reason to address ANY of those entities as part of a counter.

Why do you always talk like all the stuff that we're discussing on this message board is actually affecting anybody? I mean, I've been here for almost two years and in that span of time, the rise and fall of orders have always fallen in line with the academic seasons. Orders peak to as much as 400 at the height of the season and then drop to less than 20 during academic breaks and vacations. That's why you're so much fun to poke around with, you're just too.. involved. :p On top of it all, I just can't stop laughing at the irony of what you stand for...

I am WritersBeware, champion of the innocent American consumer who just wants to buy sample homework from legitimate companies that hire only American writers and that do not allow students to cheat by submitting purchased papers as their own. I am the enemy of fraudulent sites that hire ESL writers and can afford to lower prices much more competitively than legitimate American companies. I am a friend to ESL writers asking for advice on where they should work as writers, I tell them to stop writing for the frauds that hire them while declaring that they just are not qualified to write for American consumers.

The contradictions and pointlessness are just too obvious to elaborate.

WritersBeware  
Apr 7, 2009, 04:13AM | #34
Lavinia:
Hmm.. if this is just going to degenerate into another fight between you two, I think I'll just say good night.

Um, I don't look to fight with the idiot—ever. He follows me everywhere, like the pathetic sack that he is, constantly trying to start fights. Why not tell him to leave me the hell alone and get a life?

Apr 7, 2009, 05:06AM | #35
WritersBeware:
Why not tell him to leave me the hell alone and get a life?

Hey.. can't a guy enjoy some r&r around here when he's done writing homework for American Masters and PhD candidates? :p

Apr 7, 2009, 10:16AM | #36
WritersBeware:
The fraudulent companies tend to have MANY sites, and constantly create new ones, so that even if one of the sites earns a poor reputation, they always have more sites with which to scam unsuspecting customers (and writers) in any way they can.

Exactly. "Find Paper" that I paid to be written custom, but they sell it multiple times and risk my academic career. *********. In case this post is altered, just visit the Disclaimer page and read point #13 to find out what I refer to.

dreamer  
Apr 7, 2009, 10:32AM | #38
dearbats:
India a "Poor" country?

She has seen 'Slumdog millionnaire' and was impressed by the dramatised events.

WritersBeware  
Apr 7, 2009, 02:26PM | #40
stu4:
Exactly. "Find Paper" that I paid to be written custom, but they sell it multiple times and risk my academic career. *********. In case this post is altered, just visit the Disclaimer page and read point #13 to find out what I refer to.

Stu4, I have already proven that you represent one of the fraudulent, Ukrainian "companies," so I suggest that you stop your calculated defamation.

Forum / Writing Careers /

26 users online in the last hour