EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered [1]      
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 31

How many words should one page include?

Sep 6, 2012, 09:41AM | #1
I have what might be a funny question. I've noticed that writers and companies count a page as between 250 and 300 words. However, my customers' instructors usually state that they want the paper in Times New Roman 12-point, double-spaced, with 1-inch margins on all sides. When I do this, I end up with a little over 360 words per page. What gives?

Sep 7, 2012, 12:35AM | #4
Be more generous with your use of separate paragraphs? To be honest I'm glad in the UK most the industry seems to work at a rate per 1,000 seems a lot easier although lecturers here also usually set their papers by the 1,000 rather than by the page.

Sep 7, 2012, 04:06AM | #5
srandrews:
But how do I stretch out the text?

Having shorter paragraphs; even without adding extra spacing before or after paragraphs, my usual page in times new roman, 12 font, double space and 1 inch margins, rarely exceeds 300 words.

Sep 15, 2014, 11:36PM | #11
According to me 250 to 300 hundred is sufficient for writing in one page. An essay is usually doubled spaced with 1 inch margins on all side, So I must say that the size suggested by me is perfect for one page.

Dec 30, 2014, 03:46AM | #14
I think you should write 275 to 300 words. It is more than enough. Writing more than that for a single page will increase your burden a lot.
edu libs

Jan 9, 2015, 06:31PM | #17
Personally, I will price based on the number of words needed to avoid these issues. However, I usually find I have between 280 - 300 words per page.

Jan 10, 2015, 03:21AM | #18
Different freelance writers and companies have their own standards as to how many words mean 1 page to them. However, one thing remains the same across all the writers and companies: they charge on the basis of words divided by the total number of words that they believe makes up for 1 page, i.e. 1100 words / 275 words = 4 pages.

Most frequently, I have come across 275 words as one page or 300 words as one page offered by different companies and writers. Yet, a majority have the 275-word length as the standard one page.

Double-spaced, Times New Roman or Ariel type faces, 1" margin on all four sides of the sheet, are usually the requirements from most of the institutions. So, these have also been added to the standard page length norms.

So, I think most of us might mean one page as: 275 words, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1" margin on all four sides. I also follow the same word length as one page.

Jan 12, 2015, 12:43PM | #20
Assignmenthelpfirm:
their is no unique standard per page for word count but normally it will be 250 word count.

Fu*k you, fraudulent scumbag. Charlatans provide only 250 words per page because they use the non-academic Courier New font that professors often despise. It is a very large font face that takes up too much "real estate" on each page. Most professors aren't that clueless. Each, full page should consist of at least 275 words. The average should be at least 300 words per page, with a max of 330.

Jan 19, 2015, 01:48AM | #21
writers2beware:
Each, full page should consist of at least 275 words. The average should be at least 300 words per page, with a max of 330.

reply / quote

Criminal, how comes you are so informed about the nitty-gritty of essay writing/words per page if you have no commercial interest in this stinking 'industry'?
Just proves you're nothing more than a despicable lying piece of rotting human excrement.

Jan 19, 2015, 03:42PM | #22
queen sheba:
Criminal

Any proof whatsoever?

queen sheba:
how comes you are so informed about the nitty-gritty of essay writing/words per page

I attended multiple universities for 7 years (including every summer and winter session). About 75% of my courses involved history and humanities. I still have every paper that I wrote in college, more than 150 in total. Times New Roman is the most commonly requested font face by college professors. Times New Roman is also the recommended font face of the American Psychological Association (APA).

queen sheba:
Just proves you're nothing more than a despicable lying piece of rotting human excrement.

Actually, it proves that I know how to use MS Word's "word count" function to determine how many words appear on an average "page" in Times New Roman.

Jan 25, 2015, 12:59PM | #25
At my service we define a double spaced page as roughly 275 words. Now, some fonts are larger than others but that only makes a difference when the number of pages requested is 10+. Most service I have come across use a range of 250-300 words.

Jan 25, 2015, 01:22PM | #27
umm open up microsoft word and type in Arial size 12, then again in times new roman size 12. One is clearly larger than the other and if you're buying from a services that charges on a per double-spaced page basis it will make a difference.

Jan 25, 2015, 01:34PM | #28
aplus:
umm open up microsoft word and type in Arial size 12, then again in times new roman size 12. One is clearly larger than the other and if you're buying from a services that charges on a per double-spaced page basis it will make a difference.

No sh*t, Sherlocke. However, to claim that fonts can make a difference only with "10+ pages" is asinine. The bigger issue here is that ripoff companies use Courier New. Legitimate companies use Times New Roman.

Jan 25, 2015, 02:08PM | #30
aplus:
The number of pages does have to be somewhat significant.

No, it doesn't.

One (1) page of text in Times New Roman with 1" margins and default line spacing contains approximately 300-330 words.

One (1) page of text in Courier New with 1" margins and default line spacing contains approximately 225-260 words.

So, that constitutes a difference of 40-105 words in each page. That is very significant.

Forum / Writing Careers /

31 users online in the last hour