EssayDirectory - the best essay services!     Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 42 - page 1 of 2

How to initiate the process of being an essay writer?

Jul 16, 2011, 07:41PM | #
Hi all,
This is my first visit on essayscam.org, it was after i decided to start freelance writing.
I have obtained Msc in International Business and recently completed MBA, we are all aware of the present economic downturn and the difficulties of finding a good job.
Its been six months and i have not found an average job. I don't want to work in Asda or sainsbury or any other grocery store after having good education.
Recently a friend suggested me to find work in freelance essay writing market, so if any experienced person could guide me through the application process for the same and industry's standard pay structure.
Regards

Jul 16, 2011, 07:58PM | #
I hope for your sake that English is not your native language because it does not sound like it is. Either way, it's obvious from just your introductory post that you don't write well enough to charge people for writing services, at least not in English. Having earned a degree and not wanting to work in a supermarket aren't the prerequisites for writing for a living; being a good writer is. Unfortunately, you're not. Maybe try retail sales management or something like that.

Jul 16, 2011, 08:26PM | #
at freelancewriter,
i am not trying to write a book or newspaper columns but i know i can produce well structured business plans, proposals, projection reports, business and finance related papers or essays for students. I have scored decent 2:1 on both my post grad degrees at reputed UK universities and in such papers the score depends on content rather than crispiness of your language use.
I am not being rude but you can please leave that decision to me..... I asked for help and not criticism.....
I still appreciate your time and concern but i cant back off without trying and will surely think over your advice.
thanks....

pheelyks  
Jul 16, 2011, 09:37PM | #
You want to do a job that you're totally unqualified to do, and someone that works in the industry and knows what he's talking about let you know. This is help, and it's the only help you're going to get here.

If you openly tell all of your customers that you are not a native speaker and that everything you write clearly reflects this, you can find a few customers willing to work with you directly. There are also plenty of scam companies that will hire you and screw you over. No decent company will hire you as a writer because your language skills aren't up to snuff.

Jul 16, 2011, 10:35PM | #
anubhav:
at freelancewriter,
i am not trying to write a book or newspaper columns but i know i can produce well structured business plans, proposals, projection reports, business and finance related papers or essays for students. I have scored decent 2:1 on both my post grad degrees at reputed UK universities and in such papers the score depends on content rather than crispiness of your language use.
I am not being rude but you can please leave that decision to me..... I asked for help and not criticism.....
I still appreciate your time and concern but i cant back off without trying and will surely think over your advice.
thanks....

First, this isn't Twitter. Just say whatever you have to say or use the quote function.

You sound perfectly qualified to write in whatever your native language is. You could also write in English for any customer who chooses to give you the chance after you disclose that English is not your native language. The only thing you're not qualified to do and shouldn't do is sell your writing services to American students without disclosing that English is not your native language. They don't want writing that's so obviously ESL that it comes across in the simplest writing of an Internet forum post. In this country, your English and punctuation and word choice and style would be major problems in any academic paper regardless of how good the content might be.

Jan 7, 2012, 09:33AM | #
anubhav:
I have scored decent 2:1 on both my post grad degrees at reputed UK universities and in such papers the score depends on content rather than crispiness of your language use.

How on earth.. Anyhow, I might make use of your services since they sound quite affordable.

Jan 7, 2012, 09:56AM | #
FreelanceWriter:
Having earned a degree and not wanting to work in a supermarket aren't the prerequisites for writing for a living; being a good writer is.

FW, you're such an ass. you're proud of yourself and consider yourself a "good writer" because you do kids' homework for them.

you know what good writers do? they publish things that have their name in the byline, or on the cover.

you know what jughead hack wannabes who can't put together a decent, interesting sentence do? they do kids' homework for them, and pretend they're God's entitled gift on anonymous message boards.

anubhav will do just fine in this shadow-industry for scumbags, unfortunately... just like you do. hopefully, s/he won't be as deluded.

Jan 7, 2012, 11:45AM | #
editor75:
FW, you're such an ass. you're proud of yourself and consider yourself a "good writer" because you do kids' homework for them...you know what good writers do? they publish things that have their name in the byline, or on the cover...you know what jughead hack wannabes who can't put together a decent, interesting sentence do? they do kids' homework for them, and pretend they're God's entitled gift on anonymous message boards.
All I did was suggest to someone whose post is very obviously written in ESL-English that if he decides to enter this industry, he not offer his services to any native English-speaking customers without disclosing that he is ESL. Not sure what about that suggests excessive "pride" on my part. My name appeared on plenty of work in the U.S. published by the federal agency that I worked for and they seemed to think I was a writer because the sign they had on my office door read "Writer/Editor" and that's what all my agency credentials and earnings statements said.

editor75:
anubhav will do just fine in this shadow-industry for scumbags, unfortunately... just like you do. hopefully, s/he won't be as deluded.
If you're so worried about a "shadow-industry for scumbags" you should be happy and not angry that I've simply encouraged someone to be 100% honest with his prospective customers about his English skills before taking their money.
Highly-experienced professional writer located in NYC. JD (Law) from NYLS. nycfreelancewriter.homestead.com/services.html

Jan 10, 2012, 08:40AM | #
FreelanceF*ucker only knows how to criticize. He is not able to reply sensibly and logic is beyond his understanding. He focuses on English language only, other things remain ignored to him. I wonder what he writes for students. That must be a piece of **** like his posts on this forum.

pheelyks  
Jan 10, 2012, 09:51AM | #
amnateeb:
He is not able to reply sensibly and logic is beyond his understanding. He focuses on English language only, other things remain ignored to him.

Even if this were true, he's still one up on you.

pheelyks  
Jan 10, 2012, 10:59AM | #
amnateeb:
Who believes you

People who know how to read.

pheelyks  
Jan 10, 2012, 11:30AM | #
No, I'm pretty sure you don't believe me.

pheelyks  
Jan 10, 2012, 04:19PM | #
amnateeb:
I don't believe you as I can read and understand well.

No, no, no. You're getting confused. people that know how to read and possess critical thinking skills tend to believe me, if only because I don't make claims that aren't easy to prove or self-evident. Things like, "amadweeb's writing isn't up to academic standards."

Jan 16, 2012, 06:33AM | #
pheelyks:
people that know how to read and possess critical thinking skills tend to believe me, if only because I don't make claims that aren't easy to prove or self-evident.

Why do you not focus on improving your writing skills, Mr. ignorant? Capitalize the first word of a sentence.

pheelyks:
Even if this were true, he's still one up on you.

I think you have never taken an English grammar class. Go get enrolled in one that can help you construct conditional sentences.

Jun 12, 2012, 05:05AM | #
amnateeb:
I think you have never taken an English grammar class. Go get enrolled in one that can help you construct conditional sentences.

I can't help but read all of your replies with a cheap Arabic type accent in my head. It's hillarious!

Jun 12, 2012, 08:29AM | #
Ryanbighead:
I can't help but read all of your replies with a cheap Arabic type accent in my head. It's hillarious!

Okay! Any reason for picking my post among thousands of posts in this forum? The thing is: I am not Arabic. And also I can guess you are not a native English speaker. Go hit yourself in the head. By the way, what do you have to do with my accent when you are just an observer and no one else here? Is it really difficult for you to keep yourself just observing?

Jun 12, 2012, 09:34AM | #
Firstly:

I picked your post because it was the first post I picked... sorry to dissapoint. If you are not Arabic, I would still place you somewhere in the Middle East or India due to your style of writing and the way it sounds in my head. Also, your use of phrases which are directly translated from your native language, like 'Go hit yourself in the head' which have no weight in the Western world, discredit you even further.

Secondly:

I would classify myself as the common, passive 'lurker'. Sometimes, however, one cannot stand idly by and has to throw in their two cents. You just happened to be my first target. Also, as most would have discerned by now, I am a native English speaker.

Jun 12, 2012, 11:37AM | #
I am originally from Pakistan. I admit it, but don't think it is a shame. If you think it is, you are the stupidest racist on this planet. My accent does not harm anyone in any way. It is almost impossible for one to change one's accent even if the person learns English to the level of a native speaker.

Ryanbighead:
'Go hit yourself in the head' which have no weight in the Western world, discredit you even further.

You are wrong. I am residing in Michigan, and guess what? I have actually heard this phrase from a native speaker. Don't believe me? Can't argue.

Ryanbighead:
You just happened to be my first target.

You are looking for targets here; this forum is not the place for you. I think you should read the forum rules before you make another post.

Ryanbighead:
Firstly:

It should be "first", Mr. "native speaker".

pheelyks  
Jun 12, 2012, 11:41AM | #
amnateeb:
It is almost impossible for one to change one's accent

Not at all true.

amnateeb:
even if the person learns English to the level of a native speaker.

I think Ryan's point is that your English is nowhere near the level of an educated native speaker, and is quite obviously ESL. The fact that he was able to peg you as Middle Eastern just form your posts here ought to be a clue that you still need some work.

amnateeb:
I have actually heard this phrase from a native speaker. Don't believe me? Can't argue.

Yeah, but that native speaker was six years old. Don't believe me? Can't argue.

Jun 12, 2012, 12:00PM | #
pheelyks:
nowhere near the level of an educated native speaker

...but is definitely at the level of highly qualified non-native English speaker.

pheelyks:
you still need some work.

I agree. Not arguing.

pheelyks  
Jun 12, 2012, 12:02PM | #
amnateeb:
but is definitely at the level of highly qualified non-native English speaker.

It's conversationally fluent, if that's what you mean. Scoring high on a TESOL test doesn't actually make you "highly qualified."

amnateeb:
I agree. Not arguing.

Actually, you were arguing

Jun 12, 2012, 12:11PM | #
pheelyks:
Scoring high on a TESOL test doesn't actually make you "highly qualified."

I am CFA (level 2) qualified, and you know what, I got enrolled in CFA program after getting my degree in Business Administration. That's what I meant by being highly qualified. I haven't taken any formal English language courses in my life, and have learned (and still learning) the language on my own.

pheelyks  
Jun 12, 2012, 12:15PM | #
amnateeb:
I am CFA (level 2) qualified, and you know what, I got enrolled in CFA program after getting my degree in Business Administration. That's what I meant by being highly qualified.

These qualifications have nothing to do with your English capabilities, which was the subject of discussion. You could be a brilliant financial analyst and not speak a word of English. As it is, I doubt your skills as an financial analyst simply because I have ample reason to doubt your logical abilities and thus your general intelligence, but regardless of your certification in finance your English is decidedly sub-par, even if it is very good when compared to the average Pakistani's.

amnateeb:
I haven't taken any formal English language courses in my life

It shows. Offering your services as a writer is pretty sh*tty when you acknowledge that you have neither the training nor the skills necessary.

Jun 12, 2012, 12:21PM | #
Not to forget mentioning, my inadequate English language skills does not make the fact less of a fact that you are not qualified to write papers in other academic disciplines. You degrees are not enough to make you write perfectly on topics which do not require perfect English but analysis and core concepts of the subject. That is entirely a matter of actually studying the subject. More often than not, I write for ESL students who have no issues with me being an ESL writer, because they themselves are not proficient at English language and their papers will easily be recognized as being written by an EFL writer if they hire one. Most of my customers are concerned about content and research of the topic, rather than perfect English. I know this when I tell them that I am an ESL writer who may make some mistakes in English word usage, but my concepts are clear when it comes to write about the topics I have mastered.

Jun 12, 2012, 12:23PM | #
amnateeb:
It should be "first", Mr. "native speaker".

first.ly/ˈfərstlē/
Adverb: Used to introduce a first point or reason.
Synonyms: first - at first - imprimis - first of all - foremost

Its use is apparently unknown to you.

pheelyks  
Jun 12, 2012, 12:26PM | #
amnateeb:
Not to forget mentioning, my inadequate English language skills does not make the fact less of a fact that you are not qualified to write papers in other academic disciplines.

Nice try at changing the subject. You are correct that your lack of English skills has nothing to do with my capabilities. You are incorrect that I am unqualified to write in "other academic disciplines" (other than what?).

amnateeb:
You degrees are not enough to make you write perfectly on topics which do not require perfect English but analysis and core concepts of the subject.

All academic assignments "require" academic-level English. I agree that my degrees alone do not qualify me as a writer in other disciplines, but I have taken classes in many other disciplines and have proven my qualifications in many areas through years of work in the industry, as well.

amnateeb:
More often than not, I write for ESL students who have no issues with me being an ESL writer, because they themselves are not proficient at English language

Good. It should be "always," but this is a start.

Jun 12, 2012, 12:30PM | #
pheelyks:
These qualifications have nothing to do with your English capabilities, which was the subject of discussion. You could be a brilliant financial analyst and not speak a word of English. As it is, I doubt your skills as an financial analyst simply because I have ample reason to doubt your logical abilities and thus your general intelligence

Huh... I wish I could show you the projects I have done for students. I can't stop working when my customers return to me when they get what they want from me.

Jun 12, 2012, 12:35PM | #
Ryanbighead:
first.ly/ˈfərstlē/
Adverb: Used to introduce a first point or reason.
Synonyms: first - at first - imprimis - first of all - foremost

Its use is apparently unknown to you.

Lol! I referred to the order, "first, secondly, thirdly" which is more appropriate.

Jun 12, 2012, 12:43PM | #
amnateeb:
Huh... I wish I could show you the projects I have done for students. I can't stop working when my customers return to me when they get what they want from me.

I wish I could understand what you are trying to relay. It's like trying to translate cuneiform script.

The reason your ESL students really like your work is because they just don't know any better. To them your work is outstanding, awe inspiring, Shakspere'esk. Their Lecturers never doubt that the work is theirs because they can't decipher most of it as well.

I say stick to what you're doing (writing for ESL students) and agree that people like Pheelyks should write for native speakers.

I think that should keep all happy and students covered.

Jun 12, 2012, 12:50PM | #
Ryanbighead:
The reason your ESL students really like your work is because they just don't know any better. To them your work is outstanding, awe inspiring, Shakspere'esk. Their Lecturers never doubt that the work is theirs because they can't decipher most of it as well.

No. This is not the reason. Don't try to understand. You may have big head, but with no brain in it. Now, go away.

Jun 12, 2012, 12:59PM | #
amnateeb:
d, but with no brain in it. Now, go away.

I feel it is my solemn duty to remain here and make you look like the fool you are.

Sorry guys, the Bighead has arrived.

Jun 12, 2012, 01:08PM | #
Ryanbighead:
I feel it is my solemn duty to remain here and make you look like the fool you are.

You yourself are a big fool, which you proved by picking fights with a random poster, resurrecting a months old thread. You really don't have a reason for what you are doing here. Can you read the forum rules first? You are here for making fun of others, but hey, this is not a place for you. People already know who I am and that I have been attacked by few forum members before (for my English skills), so what is the use of your arguing with me?

Jun 12, 2012, 01:17PM | #
In all honesty... honesty.

I feel that people should have one rule which is truth. I don't feel bad expressing my opinions of you and anyone else because of that very reason. If you cannot handle the criticism or advice and feel a need to attack others, then I will attack on their behalf.

I think it was this little gem a bit further up in the thread which caught my attention:
amnateeb:
FreelanceF*ucker only knows how to criticize. He is not able to reply sensibly and logic is beyond his understanding. He focuses on English language only, other things remain ignored to him. I wonder what he writes for students. That must be a piece of **** like his posts on this forum.

Jun 12, 2012, 01:21PM | #
Ryanbighead:
I think it was this little gem a bit further up in the thread which caught my attention:

OMG! I think you should have read all my posts which I made after that one. It's quite normal that people that people change their minds. This was one of my first posts when I joined this forum. Read other threads in which I was nicely talking to freelance writer. You acted in the same manner I did. Lol!

Forum / Writing Careers /

24 users online in the last hour