EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 58 - page 1 of 2

HIGHEST PAYING RESEARCH COMPANY SO FAR

Nov 2, 2008, 08:47PM | #1
I am currently writing for the highest paying research companys so far, which pays a minimum of 10 euros per 250 words. My projects usually cost 100 euros for 2,000 words. Is it bad? The company keeps the copywrite of the paper.

I won't tell the name of the company since some people here forbid it.

=)

dreamer  
Nov 3, 2008, 11:43AM | #5
banned writer911:
I am currently writing for the highest paying research

Do they provide good work?

Nov 3, 2008, 02:20PM | #6
@Bannedwriter911

Hey that is not the "highest" research rate at all!
Some Uk companies pay almost 100 pounds for 1000 words or more but they have these really cleverly drafted contractual terms which ultimately benefit them in the end. I am happy for your success and would really appreciate it if you dropped us all a line about this new employer of yours.I myself have been applying left,right and center for freelancing jobs and am kind of disappointed by the monopoly of academic answers ltd in the UK.They seem to be buying over the entire market.In the US there is not much work to do.********* seems nice and well paying but I am not sure I am ok with the cheque payment option since I am in the UK.
The rest of the companies are entirely trash and the employers seem semi-literate and rude.They pay like 4 or 5 dollars a page which does not seem like a good option for us UK writers because when we convert that to pounds it is like 2 pounds a page which below even minimum wage.

Anyways best of luck with your new employment...it is very strange that I have not come across this company on google search yet as I think I have surveyed the entire research industry by now.

Also I have not seen any company which offers "euro" payment as a currency option.

Nov 15, 2008, 12:11AM | #7
Hi Mak,

Is this the website address of the company you are talking about.

academicanswers.co.uk

Please let me know the link that leads to the application page for this website.

I want to apply for a job in this company. Please guide.

Thank you and best wishes,
Ekta

Nov 15, 2008, 12:32AM | #8
@EKTA

Don't even go there mate....AK=AA=DD

......and yes this is also the company I have talked about on other forums that fines you 300 percent for the smallest mistake.Why do you wanna depress yourself?There are so many UK high paying companies I keep repeating that.See my other posts and remember
AcademicAnswers=Academic Knowledge=Deveroux&Deloiite=Blood sucking Vampires.

Nov 15, 2008, 12:35PM | #10
One company that does pay writers really well AND looks after the customer really well is studyhood.com. Marinos, the guy who runs the company, does not lie about his location and freely declares that the company is based in Greece and Cyprus. The ine drawback is that he gets very few UK customers. Most of his customers are based in Greece or Cyprus, but Marinos does insist that the writer MUST be the same nationality as the customer. For this reason there is not much work for UK writers with this company, as he does not publicise his website very much and therefore does not get many students finding his site through a google search.

He pays monthly in Euros and is meticulous at checking the work to ensure that it meets the required standard. He employs the services of several professors etc to check the quality of the work submitted by the writer and also encourages the student to participate in the process of producing the essay.

I have only done 3 for him so far this year but recieved just under £1500 for those 3 pieces of work.

I have no connection with the running of this company whatsoever but just wanted to make people on here aware of the fact that some companies are genuine in declaring their location and do treat the customer and the writer in a proper manner.

serene  
Nov 15, 2008, 03:18PM | #11
banned writer911:
I won't tell the name of the company since some people here forbid it.

Can you please send the name to shireen8@live.co.uk?

Nov 17, 2008, 01:08AM | #12
Hi Guys

I am quiet new to freelance writing work. Can anyone please suggest some good legit companies who have a decent pay and pay on time. I am really confused where to apply as I see so much negative about all companies on the forums.
Please write to me on writer120383@gmail.com or contact me at google talk at bhatia.aunindita@gmail.com

You help would be heartily appreciated.

Thanks

Nov 18, 2008, 05:47AM | #13
Hi all,

I think it is fairly clear that there are some disgruntled writers in here, and you need to realise that their opinions are biased.

Academic Answers / Academic Knowledge / Deveraux and Deloitte don't fine '300% for the smallest mistake' at all. What you have to appreciate is that Academic Answers is a company registered in England and Wales, and therefore subject to UK law. If our contract said we could fine people for any little error like this, no court would allow it. It would be void.

Put very simply, any company will have a hard time making a 'penalty clause' i.e. a term in a contract that is there purely to stop you breaking it, stand up in court. For example, you enter a car park and it says "3,000 lost ticket" - not likely to be upheld by the Court. It doesn't really matter whether the contract calls the term a 'penalty' or not - it's the effect of the term that matters.

The Court will allow a term that makes you pay a sum of money where you break the contract and this causes the other party to lose money, but the other party has to work out in advance (i.e. before the contract is signed) how much it will cost them - i.e. a genuine pre-estimation of damages. If the case then went to court, you could ask them to prove they did this, and to provide details. I'm very familiar with this area of law because I successfully sued Lloyds TSB for 5,000+ for bank charges on this very point.

So what the people are saying in this forum is incorrect. A small mistake would not entitled the customer to a refund. Not submitting the work on time or submitting work that is substantially below the quality ordered, are the only things that would entitle them to a refund. Any money claimed from our writers has to be the actual loss suffered - we cannot and will never make a profit using the terms of our contract that allow us to deduct money where there is a problem. To do so would be a breach of contract, and our writers could quite easily sue us using Money Claims Online. The writer also is obliged to complete amendments if these are fair and just, and if they are requested within a certain time of the work being submitted to us. Why would we charge our writer 300% for a small mistake that could be rectified through the amendments process? We'd just ask them to correct it. That doesn't make sense and is plainly untrue.

Nov 18, 2008, 10:52AM | #14
I wouldn't waste my time applying to Academic Knowledge as the chances of you being allocated work are 1 in 100. I know a friend whose application was accepted and bid after bid after bid and 2 years on he has yet to be allocated any work. He is on the bronze level and asked ukessays to increase it to at least silver but they declined saying that he needs to prove his worth. How the hell does someone prove his/her worth when they can't even get any work. Ukessays is for established researchers only so i wouldn't waste my time applying.

Nov 18, 2008, 12:44PM | #15
JenniferAA:
Academic Answers / Academic Knowledge / Deveraux and Deloitte don't fine '300% for the smallest mistake' at all. What you have to appreciate is that Academic Answers is a company registered in England and Wales, and therefore subject to UK law. If our contract said we could fine people for any little error like this, no court would allow it. It would be void.

Ahh but that just is not true is it Jennifer- just like it is also not true that you are a qualified lawyer (least the law society do not acknowledge you as having passed the LPC and I guess they would know whether you did or didn't)

Nov 18, 2008, 09:48PM | #16
exwriter:
enniferAA:

Lies Lies and More Lies......i guess they pay her a LOT don't they...maybe they should hire someone else to defend their bloodsucking ventures...Jennifer just isn't doing a great job is she?

Nov 18, 2008, 09:58PM | #17
jennifer everybody who has been burnt by your draconian legal apparatus knows what you are talking about so its time to return to your "vampire" land.

We all know your company and needless to say you will fine anyone and everyone for being even ten minutes late.That too because your email system is unable to receive the email in time.You mint so much money and you can not afford to set up a decent writers panel? Even those Ukarainian folks at Academia Research are more talented than you are with their technological set up and writers panel even though they pay peanuts.

You will have more and more disgruntled writers if you do not change yourself.Instead of trying to give lame excuses here go invest some money in your HR and your R&D ......and believe me you are in trouble due to that BVC/LPC blunder you just did by openly admitting that you "sell" such opinions.Maybe you have made the work of good-for-nothing rich slobs easier in passing the BVC.

WritersBeware  
Nov 18, 2008, 10:06PM | #18
MAK:
i guess they pay her a LOT don't they

Well, its not just that--even Jennifer will admit that she has had an intimate relationship with the owner, Barclay Littlewood. In fact, I believe she already admitted such in this forum a while back.

Nov 19, 2008, 04:50AM | #19
Vishkanya, hi there.

As I'm sure you'll appreciate, we have to be careful before allocating work to new writers as we don't know how good a job they will do. Just because someone has a degree doesn't mean they are a good writer. However, we've improved our systems to help new writers get more work. We upgrade the writer if they submit a couple of examples of their writing to us and these are a good standard. We also have a new scheme which allows new writers to complete a few short writing tasks, of which there are many - paid of course. These are used for commercial enterprises, rather than as model answers for students - they give the writer the chance to show how good they are and for us to 'test drive' their skills before they are assigned to help a student.

exwriter, MAK, WB, as usual your comments are off topic and irrelevant. Nobody really cares about your personal jibes, as amusing as they are :-) I've dealt with your comments about our contract elsewhere in the forum and as I've explained, we're a UK company subject to UK law - if the contract allowed us to do what you say, it would not stand up in court (as I've explained, in detail) and I suspect we'd have no writers on our books. We have 3,700+ writers and we have a good working relationship with every single one. We demand a great performance from our writers and in exchange, we give them an excellent rate of pay. If they try and screw us over by plagiarising work, failing to submit without talking to us, or submitting poor quality work then yes, we'll do what we are allowed to do, within the law, to recover the damage to our business. This is our right - and the right of any other business in this country. But the large majority of our writers are unaffected by this because they deliver on time, they write well and they write originally. We value these people and we support them - they are the lifeblood of our business and we're hardly going to be in a rush to act in a way that jeopardises that. I'm sorry if you were on our books but that you were not one of those writers who act honestly, submit great work and enjoy the benefits - like many things in life, you have to face the consequences of your actions :-)

WritersBeware  
Nov 19, 2008, 05:04AM | #20
Well, missy's got her panties in a bunch.

JenniferAA:
exwriter, MAK, WB, as usual your comments are off topic and irrelevant.

I beg to differ. People need to understand your monetary and personal interests in defending the company at all costs. People also deserve to know that you have apparently misrepresented your legal credentials.

JenniferAA:
3,700+

Let's see the proof of that number.

JenniferAA:
I'm sorry if you were on our books but that you were not one of those writers who act honestly, submit great work and enjoy the benefits - like many things in life, you have to face the consequences of your actions :-)

That's quite amusing. You only WISH that I would write for your miserable company. You couldn't afford me, anyway.

Nov 19, 2008, 05:20AM | #21
My interests here are as a representative of Academic Answers Limited and its various websites - they have been made clear. My qualifications haven't been misrepresented, simple as that. I don't need to prove them to you or anyone else, nor to justify why I took a particular exam or career route - this is simply personal information and off topic. It's actually not relevant to the way I do my job either. You are of course very welcome to send screenshots of my posts to the relevant bodies, on the off chance that I am lying - no problem at all, please do.

With regards to our number of writers, it's a fact - and we're getting over 150 new applications every week from writers with a 2.1 or higher so that number's probably a gross underestimation. I have no need to prove anything to you, WB - as you know, you're not an authority or an administrator or even a moderator. However, you're very welcome again to send a screenshot of this post to Trading Standards or whoever else you think may be interested, and they can investigate if they believe I'm being dishonest about the number of writers on our books - we make it clear that we're always happy to show any authority round, we're a legitimate company and always happy to help people with their enquiries.

WritersBeware  
Nov 19, 2008, 05:23AM | #22
JenniferAA:
always happy to help people with their enquiries

Prove it.

WritersBeware  
Nov 19, 2008, 05:24AM | #23
JenniferAA:
My qualifications haven't been misrepresented, simple as that.

Have you or have you not claimed--at any time--to be an attorney or barrister? Think carefully before answering.

Nov 19, 2008, 05:38AM | #24
I'm a F.ILEX, as explained. I have a number of other qualifications, as explained but I am a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives with a current practising certificate.

Happy? :-) Now can we please do what we are here for! :-D

WritersBeware  
Nov 19, 2008, 05:54AM | #25
Since you intentionally side-stepped the question, I will ask again: have you claimed--at any time--to be an attorney or barrister?

Nov 19, 2008, 12:36PM | #26
JenniferAA:
I'm a F.ILEX, as explained. I have a number of other qualifications, as explained but I am a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives with a current practising certificate.

Happy? :-) Now can we please do what we are here for! :-D

But you have claimed to have passed the LPC and this simply is not true otherwise you would be listed with the law society FACT. You are not listed with the law society AND I CAN PROVE THIS ergo the assumption MUST be that you failed the LPC hence the career change to become a menial LEGAL EXECUTIVE.

As for the assertion that I am a disgruntled ex writer for your company YES i ONCE wrote for your company BUT QUIT after being told that a fine of 300% would apply when a STUDENT who SUBMITTED MY WORK AS THEIR OWN CLAIMED to have not got the grade they wanted. And AK DO NOT ALLOW STUDENTS TO SUBMIT THE WORK AS THEIR OWN SO YOU CLAIM. IF this were the case then how come you proposed to fine me 300% for the essay NOT getting the grade the student wanted. Surely IF the student had used it as a guideline AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO, they would not be able to make such an assertion as the grade they received would be on their OWN work not mine!!!

Maybe I should circulate the particular piece to all the UK universities to see if the student suddenly rings you telling you they have been chucked out for plagiarism. Of course YOU will now refer to the CONTRACT you have writers sign which states that WE give up all rights to the finished piece and that DISTRIBUTION of ANY of our work to ANY other body will RESULT in the company taking legal action against the writer.

Nov 19, 2008, 02:27PM | #27
Once again, as per my post in the other thread, my qualifications are simply not relevant to this forum.

Your assertion regarding the copyright is an interesting point. We need to stop writers re-distributing the material elsewhere as customers are buying an original piece, so we retain the copyright but with a number of restrictions on what we can do with it. These are reflected in the customer's contract too. I suppose it could also be dealt with by the writer retaining the copyright but affording us a licence - I'm not sure if we could then assign that to the client. Since the writer and client stay anonymous, I think this could be quite messy (I'm not even sure it's workable). So we've kept it simple - we have the copyright but can't do much with it.

With regards to you being fined 300%, as I've said before, I can't look at your case to see if a mail was sent to you saying the customer had handed it in, or what the actual facts were, because you won't tell me who you are. So I've dealt with what we can and cannot do, legally, elsewhere on this forum. There's not a lot else to say - I know you don't want to identify yourself, bt you have to appreciate that if you remain anonymous, I can't offer much more by way of an explanation or even check the facts.

Nov 19, 2008, 02:40PM | #28
JenniferAA:
Once again, as per my post in the other thread, my qualifications are simply not relevant to this forum.

or your lack of them so it would seem- This goes towards deminstrating the integrity (or lack of) of the poster
JenniferAA:
With regards to you being fined 300%, as I've said before, I can't look at your case to see if a mail was sent to you saying the customer had handed it in, or what the actual facts were, because you won't tell me who you are. So I've dealt with what we can and cannot do, legally, elsewhere on this forum. There's not a lot else to say - I know you don't want to identify yourself, bt you have to appreciate that if you remain anonymous, I can't offer much more by way of an explanation or even check the facts.

Thanks I prefer anonymity to veiled threats which I am sure would ensue if I made my identity know!

Nov 19, 2008, 02:42PM | #29
I think the integrity of the people who post in this forum is more apparent from the things they say than how they are qualified. The fact that you, WB and MAK just attack anyone who isn't in some way connected or promoting ********* will say a lot to this forum's visitors.

:-)

WritersBeware  
Nov 19, 2008, 02:56PM | #30
JenniferAA:
I think the integrity of the people who post in this forum is more apparent from the things they say than how they are qualified. The fact that you, WB and MAK just attack anyone who isn't in some way connected or promoting ********* will say a lot to this forum's visitors.

Jennifer, unlike the criminal morons from whom you COPIED that baseless accusation, I know exactly who you are and where you are located. Unless you remove that false accusation, I will test your legal skills--and that of "Academic Answers"--in a court of law.

It only takes one thread to prove your accusation libelous:

Nov 19, 2008, 02:59PM | #31
JenniferAA:

:-)

Show me 1 post of mine were I promote *********- not possible because I don't as I have never had any connecion whatsoever with this company.

Nov 20, 2008, 04:20AM | #32
It's an interesting idea WB. Could there be a libel claim against a pseudo name used in an internet forum? I looked this up in English law and I couldn't find any authority. If so, it would have to be something likely to lower a person in the estimation of right-thinking people. Given some of your posts on this forum, do you think that's really a good claim? I particularly enjoyed the ones about MyClique and Barclay! :)

dreamer  
Nov 20, 2008, 05:38AM | #34
JenniferAA, if you are from Uk essays, I have a question to ask. My friend's cousin applied with loads and loads of qualifications and your company, I believe, did not even ack. the application. Isn't that rather rude? Don't they take new writers? Don't they even send a one line reply to applications?

Nov 20, 2008, 06:08AM | #35
He/she would have had an auto responder and then a reply saying they have been accepted or not accepted - if the former, they would have been asked to submit copies of their documents. It's very likely that we didn't get the email - either that or they didn't get the mail back from us. They should email us again to check or better still, give us a ring. If by chance they are on Hotmail, then this will be the problem as Hotmail is our biggest nightmare. We're switching to a database system for everything because emails are so unreliable - I think because we send out so many mails, it makes us look like we're spamming and so we get blocked frequently (especially by Hotmail!)

serene  
Nov 20, 2008, 11:33AM | #36
So, what is the procedure of applying to you?

Nov 20, 2008, 12:44PM | #37
Usually this is through one of our websites like Academic Knowledge or the 'writer apply' links on UK Essays. The applicant is asked to give details of their qualifications and upload a CV. They usually hear back from us within a week - it depends on the time of year. As you can imagine, we're more busy around certain times of the year so sometimes you'll hear from us within a day and sometimes, it may take as long as a week. If you're accepted, we'll ask for scans of your ID (which we have to get by law) and scans of your qualifications. We also send out two contracts - you can pick which one you want to be on - one pays 50% more but you get less choice about which projects you do - the other means you can pick your projects. We'll ask which subjects you want to write in and add you to those mailing lists. You do need to be qualified in a subject area to write in it, though (or at least it must be a subject that has a big overlap with your qualification). Let me know if you have any more questions :)

WritersBeware  
Nov 20, 2008, 01:12PM | #38
JenniferAA:
Usually this is through one of our websites like Academic Knowledge or the 'writer apply' links on UK Essays. The applicant is asked to give details of their qualifications and upload a CV. They usually hear back from us within a week - it depends on the time of year. As you can imagine, we're more busy around certain times of the year so sometimes you'll hear from us within a day and sometimes, it may take as long as a week. If you're accepted, we'll ask for scans of your ID (which we have to get by law) and scans of your qualifications. We also send out two contracts - you can pick which one you want to be on - one pays 50% more but you get less choice about which projects you do - the other means you can pick your projects. We'll ask which subjects you want to write in and add you to those mailing lists. You do need to be qualified in a subject area to write in it, though (or at least it must be a subject that has a big overlap with your qualification). Let me know if you have any more questions :)

Disgusting--blatant promotion, as usual, from Jennifer. Mod?

WritersBeware  
Nov 20, 2008, 01:20PM | #40
Jennifer, I ask again--are you stupid or just playing the role to get free promotion? You may NOT promote your company in ANY way. Telling people how to apply constitutes advertising and promotion. Just because someone ASKS you to provide certain information doesn't mean that you are allowed to provide it! Either ignore the question or state that it's against the rules--if you respect the rules of the forum, which you obviously do not.

Forum / Writing Careers /

26 users online in the last hour