EssayDirectory - the best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 22

Genuine companies that appreciate quality work and are good with payments to work for?

Apr 20, 12, 06:13AM | #
I have been working as a freelance writer for almost two years now. Most of the work that I've been getting is through recommendations from previous clients and thus, my client base is very small. I need to sign up with some company in order to get regular work. However, there are so many and after going through this forum it seems as though most are fraudulent.

Are there any companies that appreciate quality work and are good with payments?

I did start working with a company once but they would dump random work on me and it was more about quantity rather than quality. I'm wondering if there are any genuine companies out there concerned with the quality of work rather than just sending out useless work to clients. Moreover, I'd also like to know whether these companies pay decent money or not. When I work on individual projects that I pick up on my own I was earning between 1,500-2,000 for dissertations whereas the company I signed up to work with expected me to complete a 20,000 word dissertation for only 300. I understand that the fact that if I work for a company I might not be able to earn as much as I did when I was picking up work on my own but I find it hard to believe that the difference could be so significant.

Anyhow, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Apr 28, 12, 02:25PM | #
Hello Uberkoen,

I just signed up to this forum today for the very same reason as you; so I can totally relate. I think 300 for a 20,000 word dissertation is highway robbery and I wouldn't do it if I were you. Anything over 6000 words for that kind of money is just mercenary...cuz you can bet your life they're making three times as much from the client. I work for Academic Knowledge and they seem to be getting a bad rap on this website (well, the one AK-related thread that I saw anyway) when they're actually pretty good in terms of paying you when they say they're gonna pay you. Sometimes the payment offered is good and other times not so good. I've seen orders for proofreading and editing a 5000-word essay for 20 (I wouldn't go anywhere near that because with my finickety approach to grammar it would take me hours to correct such a long essay written by an ESL learner). And I've seen orders for writing a 1000-word essay for 90 or more. Sometimes you'll see a 500-word job being offered for 16 and then the same job (probably from another student in the same class) on offer for 45. So it's really unpredictable and I think it's because they let the client dictate a lot of the terms just to bring the business in; and while that's not always good for the writers, at least the work is there and available. But at least with Academic Knowledge, if the client comes back and asks for a particular researcher who did their work before, they then go ahead and charge them a very high premium rate, which is good for you. But of course you have to get that sort of return business in the first place. It's a good "goal" to work towards, I suppose.

Try them and see how they work for you. If your subject area is unusual you might get some decent work out of it.

pheelyks  
Apr 28, 12, 03:07PM | #
Gee, the same stuff you've already posted in five threads posted again in this week-old non-starter. How incredibly useful.

Apr 28, 12, 06:01PM | #
Hi uberkoen, another site I found when looking for websites to work for were Researchwritingcenter.com. They sort of invited me to apply nearly 7 months ago but I didn't go through with the application because at the time I wasn't sure if I could work with two such organizations at the same time. That's something else to find out before you sign a contract with anybody. Some allow you to freelance with their competitors and others want you to work exclusively with them. AK haven't specified this so I think am free to work with whomever. It's useful to have more than one sources of income because you wont always win the bids, especially if you're up against more experienced researchers who've been with the organization for years, possibly decades...

But anyway, here's the registration form for RWC: http://researchwritingcenter.com/regform

Best of luck. Cheers

pheelyks  
Apr 28, 12, 06:36PM | #
kabbymoh:
They sort of invited me to apply nearly 7 months ago but I didn't go through with the application because at the time I wasn't sure if I could work with two such organizations at the same time.

You said elsewhere you didn't start working with AK until the beginning of this year. What's up?

kabbymoh:
Some allow you to freelance with their competitors and others want you to work exclusively with them.

Someone doesn't know what "freelance" means, apparently.

Nice job posting in the same thread while again not actually providing any useful advice, but instead recommending a known and oft-exposed Ukrainian scam site.

Apr 29, 12, 11:56AM | #
pheelyks:

You said elsewhere you didn't start working with AK until the beginning of this year. What's up?

If you absolutely must know my business pheelyks, I signed up with Academic Knowledge 6 years ago while I was still studying at Oxford (yes, "shameless self-aggrandizing/self-promotion blah blah") but didn't do any work for them. Then last year I re-registered and went through their screening process again. Since then I've bid on a lot of work but got nothing until February this year.

As for your other remarks, I really don't know what you're talking about when you mention "Ukranian etc." (you appear to know a lot more about the company I freelance for than I do...kudos to you!). Yes, I know what it means, but it doesn't change the fact that some academic writing companies don't want you to work for a competitor. This is information I thought uberkoen might find "useful."

And since I addressed my remarks to uberkoen, why don't you let him decide whether my comments were useful or not? Must you feel the need to start an ongoing evaluation/commentary/judgement on everything I post on this site? And if you're so concerned that my comments are "spamming" or self-promotional, why not report me to a moderator or something? I promise I won't be offended if they kick me off for doing the things you've accused me of doing. It would be within their rights if I've violated the rules to the extent that you're apparently claiming.

Finally, perhaps you live alone and have nothing better to do than sit there policing every post, insulting other forum users and generally trolling every thread with insults ... in which case you have my sincere sympathy. But if it isn't within your limited capabilities to be polite and non-confrontational, I suggest you buy a book, take a class or get a pet (or something)... if you're going to keep addressing me on here. Otherwise I'm just going to go back to ignoring you.

pheelyks  
Apr 29, 12, 12:09PM | #
kabbymoh:
If you absolutely must know my business pheelyks

I don't really give a sh*t about your business, krabbykunt, but you're posting it in multiple threads here of your own volition so yeah, I'm going to ask questions when I see inconsistencies. If you don't want people butting into your business, don't talk about it on a public forum.

kabbymoh:
I really don't know what you're talking about when you mention "Ukranian etc." (you appear to know a lot more about the company I freelance for than I do...kudos to you!

Yes. Yes I do. Doesn't it worry you even a little that you don't know who you're working for, or the country your money is coming from? Don't you think you ought to try and investigate these things?

kabbymoh:
some academic writing companies don't want you to work for a competitor.

They have no right to stop you from working for their competition unless you signed a contract that bars you from doing so. If you signed such a contract as a freelancer, you're an idiot.

kabbymoh:
since I addressed my remarks to uberkoen, why don't you let him decide whether my comments were useful or not?

Because he posted once over a week ago and hasn't been back since, so he's probably not going to be weighing in any time soon, and because other people read these threads and might waster their time or make poor decisions based on your half-knowledge.

kabbymoh:
why not report me to a moderator or something?

What so you think calling your posts "spam" does?

kabbymoh:
Finally, perhaps you live alone

No, but I like how we're going to make this a personal debate instead of a logical one. You probably smell bad and have a hairy back. OK, your turn.

kabbymoh:
Otherwise I'm just going to go back to ignoring you.

"Back to"? When exactly have you attempted this?

Apr 29, 12, 12:25PM | #
pheelyks:

No, but I like how we're going to make this a personal debate instead of a logical one. You probably smell bad and have a hairy back. OK, your turn.

You made this personal the first time you called me a "f***tard" ... And if you notice, even though I speculated you might live alone because of your apparent bitterness and the amount of time you seem to spend on these forums commenting on everybody's post (yes, that's a perfectly logical conclusion for anyone to arrive at, whether it is true or not is irrelevant), I have never resorted to calling you names or describing body parts which I have no way of knowing about. And yes, I've been ignoring you since yesterday. You posted after me on several other threads, including this one and I refused to even acknowledge you ... There's another sign of someone who has no poor social skills: You don't realize when you're being ignored or when you need to give it a rest. But whether I choose to ignore you or not, I'm never going to descend to your level. Your posts are degrading even to yourself.

pheelyks  
Apr 29, 12, 12:30PM | #
kabbymoh:
You made this personal the first time you called me a "f***tard"

The fact that you're a fucktard is evidenced in your posts. Trying to infer facts about my personal life from my posts is further evidence of your fucktardery.

kabbymoh:
the amount of time you seem to spend on these forums commenting on everybody's post

Like, maybe an hour a day, on a heavy day?

kabbymoh:
yes, that's a perfectly logical conclusion for anyone to arrive at

No, it really isn't fucktard. Logic means using evidence skeptically to draw rational conclusions, not making assumptions before the evidence supporting those conclusions is in. Go back to Oxford.

kabbymoh:
yes, I've been ignoring you since yesterday.

You've been "ignoring me" by not posting on the forum at all during that period, and as soon as you decide to post again it's in response to me. If you're as good at writing as you are at ignoring people, no wonder you can only get work from Ukrainian crooks.

Apr 29, 12, 12:32PM | #
Correction of the above: "no social skills" OR[b][/b] poor social skills" ... Take your pick. Rational people capable of logical reasoning and dealing fairly with people on a day-to-day basis don't behave like you, pheelyks. You remind me of those psychopaths out there who think the anonymity of the internet is some kind of empowerment which protects them. It isn't empowering and it doesn't protect you. Because deep down inside you know how very sad and disgusted you are with yourself as a human being. That's why you use the internet to take out your frustrations on other people.

Get a grip.

Get a life.

Get over yourself.

pheelyks  
Apr 29, 12, 12:49PM | #
You're hysterical and paranoid. Have a drink and calm down. I have done nothing but tell you that posting in old threads with nothing relevant to say but continuing to describe your own business activities is unwelcome here. I have pointed this out aggressively and at times sarcastically, perhaps because I don't take this or myself half as seriously as you seem to think. I did call you a fucktard, but if you think this makes me psychopathic you're more of a fucktard than I originally thought.

Here are the facts:

-You write for Ukrainian scammers that you know nothing about

-You post here telling everyone about who you work for and how good you are in threads that have nothing to do with your company or your business

-You provide advice to others when, by your own admission, you don't now what you're talking about

all of these things make you unnecessary if not unwelcome. This is a public forum often overrun by opportunistic slimeballs similar to yourself, and I do not take the time to politely remind each and every one of them that obvious yet underhanded solicitation/advertisement isn't supposed to happen here. You can infer whatever you want about my social skills and my personal life from this, but that doesn't make you logical or intelligent. It just makes you a fucktard.

pheelyks  
Apr 29, 12, 01:03PM | #
Not ignoring me or responding rationally. Nice.

Apr 29, 12, 01:24PM | #
What's this? Are you trying to prove now that I don't know how to ignore you? But what would be the point of me proving that I can when I ignored you all of last night and you didn't even notice? It's just as I suspected, you're writing your snide commentaries on here to get a rise out of people. That makes you even sadder than I thought you were, Psycho.

I wrote a two-word response to intimate that what you wrote in your second-to-last post above had nothing in it for me to respond to... You just keep saying the same things and using the same words like "f***tard" like you think it makes you cool, interesting, authoritative or impactful. It doesn't. It just makes you look even more like a psycho.

And why should we both keep repeating ourselves? I've got better things to do.

I just signed up to the forum yesterday and it seems like only you and maybe 3 other people make comments on here regularly. And so far you're the one stalking me while the others seem to have a life. It's like being in the same room with a psychopath and having no one interesting or likeable to talk to. Maybe you've chased away all the other forumers with your distastefulness ... That's called speculation based on fact. And whether it's true or not I'm just not interested.

pheelyks  
Apr 29, 12, 01:31PM | #
kabbymoh:
Are you trying to prove now that I don't know how to ignore you?

No, you're proving that you can't/aren't trying to.

kabbymoh:
I ignored you all of last night and you didn't even notice?

You ignored me while you slept? That must have taken a great deal of self-control; no wonder you don't have any reserves left now.

kabbymoh:
nothing in it for me to respond to.

Then why respond?

kabbymoh:
using the same words like "f***tard"

Actually, I just keep using that particular word, fucktard.

kabbymoh:
like you think it makes you cool, interesting, authoritative or impactful

More irrational inference.

kabbymoh:
I've got better things to do.

Clearly not, otherwise you'd be doing them.

kabbymoh:
you're the one stalking me

You really are paranoid, aren't you? I noticed that you posted the same basic bullsh*t in multiple threads and called you out on it. Since then, our only interaction has consisted of ack-and-forth response. Look up stalking, and tell me how you think this fits the bill.

Go back to ignoring me now...if you can.

Apr 29, 12, 01:54PM | #
You're hilarious. And yes, I will be ignoring you henceforth. My time allotted for foruming today is up anyway. Hope you find some other person to cyber-stalk and abuse soon. Every post you've made on this thread today suggests you're not on here to contribute anything positive but rather just to be an attention-whore. You appear to need to construct these pseudo-arguments to get a reaction out of people. lol!

And as for me being paranoid (more repetition from you), that accusation would make perfect sense if this was an actual "physical" stalking. But as you're just a cyber-bully, you pose no threat whatsoever other than to yourself (making yourself constantly look like an aggressive, attention-seeking arsehole).

pheelyks:
Go back to ignoring me now...if you can.

Further proof of how pathetic you are, Psycho. Goodnight.

pheelyks  
Apr 29, 12, 02:38PM | #
kabbymoh:
You're hilarious.

Thanks.

kabbymoh:
I will be ignoring you henceforth.

Uh huh.

kabbymoh:
person to cyber-stalk

Really? You think responding to your posts in one single sparsely populated forum constitutes cyber-stalking? You're either extraordinarily paranoid or you have no idea what that term means.

kabbymoh:
And as for me being paranoid (more repetition from you)

Well, yeah, I'm going to keep repeating it if you keep being paranoid.

Sleep well. I'll be ready to "stak" you again if you decide to come back.

Apr 30, 12, 04:44PM | #
uberkoen:
This is just brilliant.

Ha ha! Looking back at it now I can't believe I allowed myself to get embroiled in this. Now there's an hour or more of my life I'll never get back. And on a Sunday as well! When I should have been watching my football or sleeping. Talk about time-wasting.

Fortunately I've learned to either ignore the stench or leave the room quietly when the filth seeps into the thread.

As Bob Marley said, if the cap fits, wear it.

pheelyks  
Apr 30, 12, 04:52PM | #
kabbymoh:
Fortunately I've learned to either ignore the stench or leave the room quietly when the filth seeps into the thread.

Clearly not.

May 3, 12, 09:39AM | #
maxpayne8888:
I want to know too. genuine companies are genuine to customers too right?

Am not sure what you mean. Could you please explain?

Forum / Writing Careers /

48 users online in the last hour