EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / Writing Careers / answers: 1

Frustrated new writer (my first assignment from Academic Knowledge)

Jan 25, 2012, 12:05PM | #1
Received my first assignment from Academic Knowledge, and was given 16 hours to review, edit and critique a 10 page law paper. The problem - which i immediately communicated to the company - was as follows: the question presented was a request for legal advice based on a specific set of facts relating to topic A; the essay was a theoretical discussion of relevant law regarding topic B. Needless to say, topics A and B had absolutely nothing to do with each other. Moreover, the the essay never mentioned the relevant fact pattern. I sent 2 messages to the company, and in the interim reviewed the paper based on its content - without regard to the initial question. It was horrifically written, and took hours to rework. I sent in the heavily edited paper on time along with another message regarding the disconnect (which the company claims not to have received). The only response I have received (after the deadline) stated that the client provided the question, instructions and the essay, and that should be enough. Thereupon, I revised my critique to give the paper a "fail" grade for unresponsiveness. Is this kind of thing the norm? Any advice as to how I should/could have handled it differently? I found the company's response, or lack thereof, infuriating.

Jan 25, 2012, 05:14PM | #2
Hi,

You are not expected to re-write the whole paper, think of it as a marking job. Some of these papers are truly horrific and need to be done again, if that is the case just say so on the sheet. Its the comments on the marking sheet that are most important, you are expected to edit with track changes but only to a reasonable level for the fee.

Hope that helps.

Forum / Writing Careers /

48 users online in the last hour