EssayDirectory - best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered [13]  
  help    or 
Forum / Writing Careers /

Where to find genuine writers to help me start working as a freelance essay writer?

1  2  »»
Patricia24Threads: 1

Feb 14, 07, 06:38AM | #1
Hi everyone,

I came across this site whilst searching for essayfraud website, which I had previously visited but couldn't remember the name of. I WAS hoping to find recommendations for sites I could write essays for but then after reading all the posts I realised that wouldn't be possible.

I can't believe how many scammers intrude on this site. However, I'm in the process of registering with Elance. This is a great big site where people offer services (including writing) and other people post projects they wish to pay to have completed.

I'm a member of a journalist forum and they told me this site is trustworthy, and I agree with them. A lot of experienced writers and journalists use this. (Also freelance journalist sites in UK advertise good writers.) Each writer has reviews next to his name and how trustworthy he is, a bit like ebay sellers.

Perhaps students looking for a reliable site might try this one. I don't work for them, yet, and although I'm hoping to offer my writing services to them I have, as yet, no connection.

Another place you might look for good (and bad) writers is Helium.com. Not all writers can write essays, of course, and not all writers here are good, but there are some crackers there as well. I suppose a quick email to a good writer might tell you whether they write essays or not.

If anyone can recommend a good site to write for apart from Elance please email me at pat.sergeant@ntlworld.com.

Hope I haven't broken the rules.

Pat

DylanPosts: 130

Feb 14, 07, 09:27AM | #2
Have you looked at registering as a writer on kasamba.com ? I have used a couple of writers on there who have high user ratings and have been satisfied with their work. As well as some good writers, they have plenty of muppets on there too though so students need to chat with the writer before placing an order to get some reassurance that they can do the work. As a safety mechanism, payment is held in escrow until the client agrees that they are happy with the work. I've not tried Elance or Helium but I may take a look.

I'm not sure how wise it is to post your email address on any forum - I think you'll get inundated with spam. This site has the facility to private message other forum members which is useful.

Patricia24Threads: 1

Feb 15, 07, 06:04PM | #3
Thanks, Dylan. I'll have a look at kasamba.com.

As for posting my email address, I never thought of that, though it's not my personal email so if I get spammed I can always chuck it.

Do try Elance, though. They have hundreds of professional writers, and the site's really easy to navigate, with each writer subscribing to types of writing sections, such as article writing, copywriting, editing, etc. Probably essay writing's there, too, though I haven't actually looked at that, because to me it's just one type of writing service among many possibilities.

I also subscribe to freelancejournalism.co.uk which has hundreds of professional writers and they're pretty wide-ranging in their skills. From what I can gather, most of them have academic backgrounds and are happy to take any work that pays - plus if they disappoint they can't hide behind a company, can they?

From what I've read on this site, it sounds like you're better avoiding these essay writing companies altogether. Before I (accidentally) found the essayfraud site, or whatever it's called, I very nearly submitted my bank details to one called Academia.Research or something like that. Then I noticed there were no links for students looking to have essays written. Also, there was small paragraph which said something about "what we sell is a book....". I emailed them and queried these two things. They said they didn't sell a book and gave me an email address for students looking to have essays written, but I couldn't find this email link on their site. When I found the essayfraud site, there they were, listed as a scam company. I have very little money - I'm working as a cleaner in a school right now to pay my rent - and I dread to think that I nearly gave them my account details.

Anyway, thanks again, and I wish you all well in your studies.

I'm going hop off now back into the ether.
Pat

skaforhirePosts: 9

Feb 18, 07, 02:56AM | #4
I too have been looking for somewhere to write for... Grad school is taking its tolls on the wallet.

I figured I would look into essay writing sites... but like you, I try to avoid the ones that want bank info. I prefer only to submit info to ones that don't ask for it up front. I think I only found two sites like that, they basically wanted a resume and experience. I decided that that was not too compromising. So I will wait and see what I hear back, worse comes to worse maybe I can get some sort of inside perspective of the paper mill industry, and write a piece on that! lol.

Anyway it was cool finding this site, I am glad there are a few like it to warn people.

NicoleThreads: 3

Mar 2, 07, 03:09AM | #5
Sorry I don't mean to brag but I am a student with money to spend.

I just want to find someone to write these undergraduate level papers for me in the areas of linguistics and cognitive science. I can send you the topics on request. I do not want to post the questions here in public.

If you know any writer who can do this paper, I can even pay you commision.

Please let me know. Thanks!

I just posted request on Elance and Kasamba. It seems like I have to pay a hefty fee just to post a request on freelancejournalism.co.uk. Can they complete work of undergraduate there?

I don't understand how Helium works. How do you request for writers?

kilua_6Posts: 3

Dec 17, 09, 12:47PM | #6
hi nicole,
i am more than willing to write for you. kindly send the details of your project to my email account.

rustyironchainsThreads: 14

Dec 17, 09, 12:53PM | #7
Patricia24:
I emailed them and queried these two things. They said they didn't sell a book and gave me an email address for students looking to have essays written, but I couldn't find this email link on their site. When I found the essayfraud site, there they were, listed as a scam company. I have very little money - I'm working as a cleaner in a school right now to pay my rent - and I dread to think that I nearly gave them my account details.

this is really tragic, because I make a tidy bundle of side money through academia-research.com, a perfectly valid site, and so could you have.

don't believe everything you read-- which includes what I just wrote. but don't say something is sour grapes, either, when you have no idea.

let's all be more careful on this site, and not let our biases and preconceptions confuse us. there is no need to believe the blanket generalizations of bigots who have never worked for many of the sites they so blindly label as scams.

Dec 17, 09, 12:54PM | #8
and when I say bigots, Pat, I'm not talking about you... but someone you maybe mistakenly believed. it's an innocent enough mistake.

WritersBeware   Dec 17, 09, 01:10PM | #9
Patricia24:
Do try Elance, though.

Blatant advertising.

WritersBeware   Dec 17, 09, 01:11PM | #10
rustyironchains:
academia-research.com, a perfectly valid site

That's a load of garbage.

Dec 17, 09, 03:31PM | #11
that's right, WB, the bigot to whom I was referring above, is, you! right on time. it's like a bell that says "bigot," and WB comes running, drool flying all over the place.

hey WB, how do you feel, knowing that Patricia is here is cleaning toilets because you blindly lambast all Ukrainian sites, even the ones with OK payscales who deliver fresh cash to their writers on a regular basis? I'm sure you feel that it's all her fault. the chain of negligence begins with you; when you step up, I will gladly eat my own foot, standing as I will be on the frozen plains of hell, surrounded by flying pigs.

I wonder if Patricia has kids...

WRTThreads: 17
 Company Representative
Dec 17, 09, 03:45PM | #12
If, three years down the line, Patricia is still working as a school cleaner, then that is all she is capable of doing. Patricia posted on the 14th February 2007 and has not posted since.

WritersBeware   Dec 17, 09, 04:39PM | #13
Hey, Rusty, you're a blabbering coward. Everyone here knows that to be a fact. You won't DARE engage me in a substantive debate because you know that I will simply dismantle you. If you care to prove me wrong, why not start the legitimate debate by substantiating and proving your ignorant accusation that I am a "bigot"?

Dec 17, 09, 05:22PM | #14
ding ding!

"Bigot!"

here comes WB, foaming at the mouth. I just proved you were a bigot, silly. I didn't even mention your name; all I did was ring the bell. it took you what, 15 minutes to respond? I can just picture your shambling journey.

WB, how about we talk about how you pretend to have inside information about companies you have never worked for? so many times, I have said something about AR or EW, based on direct experience writing for them, only to see you jump on it, and start another thread on it as your own. I might have been lying, you know. you're dangerous!

WRT-- you're right; I didn't see the date on the thread. I guess I'm necro, sorry. I hope she is not still cleaning toilets.

WritersBeware   Dec 17, 09, 06:24PM | #15
rustyironchains:
I just proved you were a bigot, silly.

Wrong. How, exactly, am I a "bigot"? I asked you to be specific, and you failed miserably. Why? You are just as much of a shallow, shameless liar and fraudulent, two-bit scumbag as your deceptive employer at Academia-Research.com. (No wonder you are so smitten with AR—two peas in a pod.) Your accusations are just as weak as your writing skills.

Clearly, you are too much of a cavernous pu**y to base your accusations on facts and evidence. Coward.

WritersBeware   Dec 17, 09, 08:06PM | #17
rustyironchains:
go chew some bubble gum, you poor deluded outsider.

LMAO! You're a joke. Your empty, childish response if a perfect example of exactly how and why you are a fraudulent "insider" for a fraudulent "company" from Ukraine that intentionally deceives consumers by advertising fake names and addresses in the US and blatantly misrepresenting its experience and qualifications.

By the way, COWARD, the challenge still stands for you to prove your silly, already-defeated accusations that I am a "bigot."

nw2010Posts: 14

Jan 15, 10, 08:17AM | #18
Your best bet is to research all potential writing companies/individual writers and not choose the first thing that comes along. This is where some people become trapped. However, I do hope that you find a reliable academic writer/company soon.

-Nichole

AtWitsEndPosts: 2

Jan 30, 10, 11:16AM | #19
So what if you've found the writers but due to forum rules, you cannot find out who they write for?

Company Representative
Jan 30, 10, 11:29AM | #20
The rules are there for your own protection. Were recommendations allowed, most of us would be recommending ourselves or our companies. You, as a potential customer, would be misled.

Yes, there are some excellent writers here and there are some wonderful companies out there. You need to identify them yourself, though.
1) Read through the forum and stay away from those which have been identified as fraudulent;
2) Short-list a couple of companies, read through their webcopies, talk to them and make up your own mind
3) If you are in the States, best to choose a US-based company; if in the UK, choose a British one.

Trust your own judgement and you'll be alright.

anthonygonsalves85Posts: 12

Jan 31, 10, 12:50AM | #21
Nicole:
Sorry I don't mean to brag but I am a student with money to spend.

I just want to find someone to write these undergraduate level papers for me in the areas of linguistics and cognitive science. I can send you the topics on request. I do not want to post the questions here in public.

If you know any writer who can do this paper, I can even pay you commision.

Please let me know. Thanks!

I just posted request on Elance and Kasamba. It seems like I have to pay a hefty fee just to post a request on freelancejournalism.co.uk. Can they complete work of undergraduate there?

I don't understand how Helium works. How do you request for writers?

A careful research will certainly help you find some website where you can find good writers

Company Representative
Jan 31, 10, 01:01AM | #22
This is getting ridiculous. Do you realise that Nicole posted 3 years ago? Are you so caught up in your post-dumping that you can't even be bothered to read the dates of posts you `respond' to?

Jan 31, 10, 01:09AM | #23
WRT:
This is getting ridiculous. Do you realise that Nicole posted 3 years ago? Are you so caught up in your post-dumping that you can't even be bothered to read the dates of posts you `respond' to?

I am sorry for that

However, my only purpose is to advice people just like you are doing

writer_glanPosts: 17

Jan 31, 10, 02:30AM | #24
hi......Can you please share your opinion about Essaywriters as sometimes they do not accept the registration without giving any reason and once or twice they have even terminated my account without giving any reason.

Jan 31, 10, 02:32AM | #25
writer_glan:
hi......Can you please share your opinion about Essaywriters as sometimes they do not accept the registration without giving any reason and once or twice they have even terminated my account without giving any reason.

It can usually happen when there is no vacant slot for an additional writer

Jan 31, 10, 02:34AM | #26
writer_glan:

No offence to your English Language skills; however, one of the reasons can also be your performing poorly in their tests

Jan 31, 10, 02:34AM | #27
that`s true but termination of account without any reason is unlawful

WritersBeware   Jan 31, 10, 02:37AM | #28
writer_glan:
that`s true but termination of account without any reason is unlawful

No, it's not. You are a freelancer with nothing more than "at-will" employment status.

Stealing money from you is an altogether different story, however.

Jan 31, 10, 02:39AM | #29
I mean to say, when I had money in my account near about $600 and still they have terminated it.

pheelyks   Jan 31, 10, 05:21PM | #30
anthonygonsalves85:
No offence to your English Language skills; however, one of the reasons can also be your performing poorly in their tests

Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle obviously ESL...

AsianWriterPosts: 197

Feb 1, 10, 02:22AM | #31
writer_glan:
I mean to say, when I had money in my account near about $600 and still they have terminated it.

Yup! That qualifies as "theft".

So, how do you sue a company based in another country? For that matter, how do you prove a crime's been committed? WB? Pheelyks? WRT? Rusty? Anybody? I'm just curious, of course. :)

FreelanceWriterThreads: 5
 Writer
Feb 1, 10, 05:04AM | #32
I registered on Elance recently after a client mentioned it but I haven't gotten the few jobs I bid on so I don't know much about it. It does seem very underpriced based on the quotes posted for the amount of work requested. If those are representative of the going market rate, that probably means there are a lot of desperate writers on there. I tried to use this same ID but their system doesn't allow any use of "elancer" in user names, so I went with FederalWriter instead.
I have been writing for some of the best American essay companies since 2003. I'm a law school graduate located in NYC and my personal essay service website is nycfreelancewriter.homestead.com

pheelyks   Apr 12, 11, 02:36PM | #34
james sanchez:
If still interested i think i can work for you.

Yeah, if you're still interested in getting royally screwed by all means contact james....

Joe DirtThreads: 1
 Student
Feb 20, 12, 02:27PM | #35
WRT:

SO I'm new here but are you accusing members of trying to get to 2000 post so it looks like they are someone great when they just saying nothing? I'm new but so far it seems that most everyone is pointing there finger at someone else & saying CHEATER! LOL I'm not sure but seems as if this industry may be more full of scum bags than the used car industry or Lawyers.
Thanks JD

pheelyks   Feb 20, 12, 04:10PM | #36
Joe Dirt:
this industry may be more full of scum bags than the used car industry or Lawyers.

Yup.

MeoKhanThreads: 8
 Writer
Feb 21, 12, 05:42AM | #37
It is because 99% of the work is based on virtual transactions and lack of cross-border jurisdiction in the porous world of the internet makes matters worse. However, with good research skills one can get to satisfactory outcomes.

lover47Posts: 17

Feb 24, 12, 10:37AM | #38
@nicole please be informed that if pheelyks emails u, you will FAIL! walk away when he tries to convince you.

pheelyks   Feb 24, 12, 12:16PM | #39
lover47:
if pheelyks emails u, you will FAIL!

What a powerful email service I seem to have! Just by sending you a message, I make you fail!

Nothing like some paranoid hysteria to get you going in the morning....

1  2  »»