EssayDirectory - best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered [13]  
  help    or 
Forum / Writing Careers /

The exchange of a few legit sites, which pay writers.

rustyironchainsThreads: 14

May 29, 10, 06:46PM | #1
let's try to be productive and honest.

I am proposing the exchange of a few legit sites, which pay writers.

payment is all I care about.

in exchange, I will recommend a few legit sites that I know of.

to avoid forum restrictions, we can work in acronyms, for the time being.

for example, I happen to know, based on experience, that AR is good to good writers-- they pay on time.

and you?

(please base this on experience and post experience, not rumors or assumptions. I am not worried about increasing my own competition at AR-- they have more than enough orders during the good season.)

(this post should also separate the constructive from the destructive-- please do not post personal attacks. if you have experience w/ a company and they are legit, post an acronym... if you don't have anything nice to say, please consider posting in the mod's "deleted" file)

variegatedscribblerPosts: 9

Jun 2, 10, 12:50AM | #2
I agree with rusty iron...What is the whole point of this forum if we cannot come up with productive information exchange for the writers? All the threads eventually get busy with mudslinging and blaspheming every other service provider present on the web! The whole purpose is lost... Besides competition should hardly be any excuse for not sharing info here..
I write on genetics, molecular biology, bio statistics...Most of the other writers here will have different core competencies...Even those who share the same need not fret as there is enough work for everyone and one does not pick up every single order of their topic as it comes!
Its like the folklore albeit reversed where a flock of pigeons caught in the net would not fly just because they do not want to help the neighboring one!

---An out of work writer :)

WritersBeware   Jun 2, 10, 01:11AM | #3
variegatedscribbler:
What is the whole point of this forum

The clear-as-day purpose of this forum is to uncover scams and fraudulent sites, not to promote/recommend commercial sites to consumers of writers. If you (or anyone else) don't like the rules of the forum, nobody is forcing you to stay. There are a million other sites through which you can obtain freelance writing jobs.

Jun 2, 10, 07:40AM | #4
there are some sites that I would have never found on the web, and that members of Essayscam pointed out to me. in turn, I told them what I knew about other sites. that is a good, productive purpose for this board, no matter what the rules are. but, to get around that, acronyms are useful for making recommendations; if you can't figure it out, you can just email the person.

666 posts
lmml

give_me_a_breakPosts: 25

Jun 4, 10, 03:07AM | #5
Good try rusty, I too was interested in this, but evidently this forum is dominated by crazy people with way too much time on their hands,

writersbeware=WRT=pheelyks ALL BS One in the same user shut up already please! Get a job or something!

WritersBeware   Jun 4, 10, 12:47PM | #6
Rusty, your psycho pal has returned, this time claiming to be American.

Anyway, Rusty, since you felt the need to attack me in another thread, I will communicate my thoughts here (as you can clearly see, I had otherwise chosen to not comment on your true intentions).

Why RustyWriter Posted This Thread

The talentless hack posted this thread not to help others in any way, but to help only himself. His workflow has slowed down, and he wants other sources of income. The sources that he is willing to "share" are well-known to be lawless, fraudulent, unaccountable companies in Ukraine (and other foreign countries) that lie about nearly every aspect of their business models and steal from writers at every opportunity.

Mod, I suggest that you blacklist any acronyms that people use to try to promote any site/company. (It's no surprise who has publicly encouraged other members to break forum rules for personal, monetary gain.)

rustyironchains:
to avoid forum restrictions, we can work in acronyms

somewriterThreads: 14

Jun 4, 10, 02:41PM | #7
WritersBeware:
The clear-as-day purpose of this forum is to uncover scams and fraudulent sites, not to promote/recommend commercial sites to consumers of writers. If you (or anyone else) don't like the rules of the forum, nobody is forcing you to stay. There are a million other sites through which you can obtain freelance writing jobs.

It's not just the consumers that have to be on the look out for scams. Writers can be scammed also, by doing work and not being paid for it. I honestly don't see what's wrong with this thread. Finding out which sites will actually pay instead of scamming me out of my hard work is exactly why I came to this site. You seem to be the main poster on this message board, for whatever reason. I just signed up today and have been perusing some discussions. Some of your posts are informative but I really don't understand your objection to the nature of this thread.

Jun 4, 10, 04:17PM | #8
I agree with somewriter. I would like to see more affirmation, and also some more acronyms. I am not worried about WB crying to the mods. AR, and AD... they both have paid me personally. what about you?

WritersBeware   Jun 4, 10, 04:21PM | #9
Somewriter, with all due respect, if you don't like the rules of the forum, nobody is forcing you to participate. The name of this site is essaySCAM.org, not essaySUGGEST.org, essayPROMOTE.org, essayADVERTS.org, essaySTORE.org, etc. You do know that there are about five milliion other sites that specialize in freelance writing jobs and information, right?

Jun 4, 10, 05:17PM | #10
WritersBeware:
Somewriter, with all due respect, if you don't like the rules of the forum, nobody is forcing you to participate. The name of this site is essaySCAM.org, not essaySUGGEST.org, essayPROMOTE.org, essayADVERTS.org, essaySTORE.org, etc. You do know that there are about five milliion other sites that specialize in freelance writing jobs and information, right?

1. Neither I nor anyone else had mentioned anything about the rules of the forum in this thread, and so far as I can tell nobody in this thread has broken any rules, so the remark that I don't have to participate if I don't like the rules is not only rude, but irrelevant.

2. I know what the name of the site is, and as I said in my previous post, consumers are not the only ones trying to avoid the SCAMS. The writers can get SCAMMED too. I guess I should have capitalized SCAM in my first post so you'd get the point.

3. You already mentioned the freelance writing sites, and now you do it again, which shows you just don't get the point. We would-be essay writers want to know which ones will SCAM us out of our work.

WritersBeware   Jun 4, 10, 05:24PM | #11
somewriter:
so the remark that I don't have to participate if I don't like the rules is not only rude, but irrelevant

Listen, if I wanted to be rude, I wouldn't have gone out of my way to open with "with all due respect." Instead, I would have typed, "FU and your ignorant commentary."

somewriter:
I guess I should have capitalized SCAM in my first post so you'd get the point.

You're the one who needs help understanding points.

somewriter:
You already mentioned the freelance writing sites, and now you do it again, which shows you just don't get the point. We would-be essay writers want to know which ones will SCAM us out of our work.

I'm not going to jump on you too badly, despite your attacks, since you are obviously clueless. "Freelance writing" sites are FOR freelance writers (i.e., "would-be essay writers"). For goodness' sake, you want to enter the profession, and you don't even recognize your prospective job title? Get a clue before attacking me.

Jun 4, 10, 05:29PM | #12
I mean, think of it this way:

Some of the essay writing companies might scam customers, some might scam writers, some might scam both.

Potential customers might come here to discuss which ones are legitimate places to shop for papers. If someone asked about that, I guess you wouldn't have a problem with it, WB.

Likewise, potential writers might come here to discuss which ones are legitimate places to find work as a writer, where you won't send them a paper and not get paid. You seem to have a problem with somebody asking about this.

But in either case, it's simply a matter of someone asking for advice from those with previous experience about whether or not they'll get scammed by an essay writing business, which is what this site seems to be about.

WritersBeware   Jun 4, 10, 05:33PM | #13
somewriter:
Potential customers might come here to discuss which ones are legitimate places to shop for papers. If someone asked about that, I guess you wouldn't have a problem with it, WB.

LOL, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's laughing about that comment. This proves that you haven't read the forum at all before commenting about me.

somewriter:
Likewise, potential writers might come here to discuss which ones are legitimate places to find work as a writer, where you won't send them a paper and not get paid. You seem to have a problem with somebody asking about this.

Correct. Providing suggestions and recommendations for "good" sites is not the purpose of this forum. This forum is strictly about uncovering scams. If one isn't lazy and actually willing to do some reading, one can fairly easily determine the legitimate sites via process of elimination.

Jun 4, 10, 05:42PM | #14
WritersBeware:
somewriter:

LOL, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's laughing about that comment. This proves that you haven't read the forum at all before commenting about me.

somewriter:

Correct. Providing suggestions and recommendations for "good" sites is not the purpose of this forum. This forum is strictly about uncovering scams. If one isn't lazy and actually willing to do some reading, one can fairly easily determine the legitimate sites via process of elimination.

So just whom is this site supposed to help when it comes to avoiding scams? If it's not for potential customers of these businesses to avoid getting scammed as a customer, and it's not for potential writers to avoid being scammed as employers, then what the heck is the point of uncovering the scams? Is it for completely uninvolved people who are just curious about essay writing scams? Surely not.

Jun 4, 10, 05:47PM | #15
Ha! From the homepage of this website, under the question "What are essayscam's goals?", the first paragraph is as follows:

"EssayScam.org exists to help students, other essay-writing companies, and academic freelance writers by discussing their experiences with online essay writing and research services, freelance writers, or students (their clients) to improve their services."

This sort of thread is exactly what this site is about, ignore writersbeware.

Jun 4, 10, 05:58PM | #16
And a little more from the section "What are essayscam's goals?":

"We just want students, writers, and other essay writing company owners to share their real-life and oftentimes humorous stories so that potential customers or writers are able to tell the difference."

WritersBeware   Jun 4, 10, 06:35PM | #17
12. The EssayScam Forum (that includes the private message system) is not a place for advertisements or publicity in any way. EssayScam and its moderators have the sole discretion to determine what constitutes an advertisement. Violators may be temporarily or permanently suspended.

13. Posts that provide no content other than advertisements may be deleted.

somewriter:
ignore writersbeware

OK, gloves are off. FU, ignorant piece of sh*t.

Still want to claim that "freelance writing" sites have nothing to do with "would-be essay writers"? Clueless moron. God help the people for whom you write essays.

WritersBeware   Jun 4, 10, 06:37PM | #18
somewriter:
If it's not for potential customers of these businesses to avoid getting scammed as a customer

Oh, please do tell me exactly where I claimed otherwise.

Jun 4, 10, 06:53PM | #19
WritersBeware:
12. The EssayScam Forum (that includes the private message system) is not a place for advertisements or publicity in any way. EssayScam and its moderators have the sole discretion to determine what constitutes an advertisement. Violators may be temporarily or permanently suspended.

13. Posts that provide no content other than advertisements may be deleted.

somewriter:
ignore writersbeware

OK, gloves are off. FU, ignorant piece of sh*t.

Still want to claim that "freelance writing" sites have nothing to do with "would-be essay writers"? Clueless moron. God help the people for whom you write essays.

Nobody was asking for an advertisement or trying to advertise. People were trying to discuss their own experiences writing for these companies with each other to figure out which ones will scam them and which ones won't. That's not advertising. That's just sharing your own stories which as I showed earlier is one of the purposes of this site. If the essayscam mods decide to interpret it as advertising, that's up to them and we can't really stop them, but until then why can't you just let people have the sort of discussion this site is intended for, a place where "students, writers, and other essay writing company owners to share their real-life and oftentimes humorous stories so that potential customers or writers are able to tell the difference."

WritersBeware   Jun 4, 10, 07:30PM | #20
somewriter:
People were trying to discuss their own experiences writing for these companies with each other to figure out which ones will scam them and which ones won't.

Again, if you use the SEARCH BOX, you will be able to determine which freelance writing sites have a track record of scamming writers, lying to the public, and illegally withholding writers' payments.

It is against forum rules to name/advertise/promote/recommend any site that any member feels is "good." Doing so constitutes "publicity." The owners don't have to justify or explain to you or anyone else why they have established certain rules. Legitimate members who have been here for a while perfectly understand why such rules are necessary in order to prevent impostors from shilling for their own sites in the guise of "satisfied customers/writers."

Jun 4, 10, 08:00PM | #22
From the homepage:

"Is providing positive feedback allowed?

While advertising or promoting any particular service or professional writer is not allowed, providing genuine positive feedback is always welcome, so long as it is not the only goal of the poster and is not an "advertisement in disguise." Because it can be tricky at times to determine if any given message is an advertisement or not, the final decision belongs to moderators."

WritersBeware   Jun 4, 10, 08:17PM | #23
somewriter:
fool

somewriter:
From the homepage:

While advertising or promoting any particular service or professional writer is not allowed, providing genuine positive feedback is always welcome, so long as it is not the only goal of the poster and is not an "advertisement in disguise." Because it can be tricky at times to determine if any given message is an advertisement or not, the final decision belongs to moderators."

The home page was recently re-designed and re-written. Forum regulars hardly ever go to the home page. So, feel free to post whatever you like, "fool."

I hope the mod is ready for the cans of worms.

Jun 4, 10, 08:25PM | #24
Join yahoo group educatedessayists for educated talking and comparing notes. It is better to work together, than argue with crazy people with a strange agenda.

Jun 4, 10, 09:02PM | #25
I have written for one company mentioned here, been paid on time every two weeks and over $1000 so far by pay pal. No problems and the work is pretty easy.

Jun 5, 10, 03:39AM | #26
WritersBeware:
somewriter:
From the homepage:

The home page was recently re-designed and re-written. Forum regulars hardly ever go to the home page. So, feel free to post whatever you like, "fool."

I hope the mod is ready for the cans of worms.

Ok, so you admit that I am right about the current rules and you can see that what you've been saying over and over about the rules is actually incorrect, but you can't understand why someone would think the guy tell falsehoods over and over is a fool, and in return decide that I must be the fool? Hilarious. I don't blame forum regulars if they don't go to the home page often, there's nothing wrong with that. But if you don't actually want to check and make sure you're not wrong about the current rules before trying to enforce what you believe to be the rules, then something is wrong with that. But it seems the issue is settled and I hope you'll no longer tell people they can't discuss their own experiences. I also hope you'll let the mods do their job when it comes to decided what is and isn't advertising. If they don't like a post, they are free to delete it. But you are not a mod. I wish you luck with exposing frauds and sharing useful information, but please stop interrupting people who are doing nothing worse than using this site for one of its intended purposes.

WritersBeware   Jun 5, 10, 03:51AM | #27
somewriter:
Ok, so you admit that I am right about the current rules and you can see that what you've been saying over and over about the rules is actually incorrect, but you can't understand why someone would think the guy tell falsehoods over and over is a fool, and in return decide that I must be the fool? Hilarious. I don't blame forum regulars if they don't go to the home page often, there's nothing wrong with that. But if you don't actually want to check and make sure you're not wrong about the current rules before trying to enforce what you believe to be the rules, then something is wrong with that. But it seems the issue is settled and I hope you'll no longer tell people they can't discuss their own experiences. I also hope you'll let the mods do their job when it comes to decided what is and isn't advertising. If they don't like a post, they are free to delete it. But you are not a mod. I wish you luck with exposing frauds and sharing useful information, but please stop interrupting people who are doing nothing worse than using this site for one of its intended purposes.

I "admitted" nothing. I simply stated that the mods VERY RECENTLY edited the home page and its text. The mods should announce major policy changes here in the forum, where such policies actually apply.

Bottom line—you want names. Naming names for commercial purposes is not allowed. Don't be coy—you want to "share" your experiences so that others can publicly give you the names of companies and sites that they conveniently claim are "legit" and "pay writers." We've all seen what happens when recommendations are allowed. Scam artists, posing as customers and writers, relentlessly SPAM the board with fake reviews and testimonials.

The mod slightly modified the rules. That's fine—you'll learn your lesson and you'll get exactly what you deserve. Don't come here complaining or asking for help when you get unfairly fined and/or not paid at all by one of the sites to which you were graciously referred by one of the many selfless fraudsters in this forum. I'll be the first one in line to laugh at you.

Jun 5, 10, 04:07AM | #28
Even when you admit you're wrong, you can't admit that you admitted it. When you finally acknowledged that what I was saying about the rules was right (which implies that what you were saying was wrong), that's admitting you're wrong. I understand if you were going by old rules and didn't realize that things had changed, and that as someone who just came to the site yesterday and saw the rules I had that advantage. It's not my fault the mods didn't notify you of the changes. But the fact is, the rules are what they are, despite whatever they were, and I was talking about what the rules are now, not what they used to be.

Also, I get what you're saying about people lying about the companies, claiming to have been paid by them. I know that's a possibility. I know that people lie, and I know people lie a lot online. But I'm a grown up and I have a right to check out all the responses and see what I think. The company can have 50 people come on and lie about getting paid, but if just one person tells me they didn't then I won't work with that company. Of course, that person could be a liar too, but I'm going to be very cautious about such things so any bad feedback is pretty much a dealbreaker for me. And I realize that in many cases we're not allowed to tell each other the name of the particular site, but we can still discuss this using initials and such, or by exchanging email addresses if so desired. We are adults and have a right to hear from many sources and decide which ones to believe. If that sometimes leads to a mistake, then so be it; we have the right to make that mistake.

WritersBeware   Jun 5, 10, 04:17AM | #29
somewriter:
but we can still discuss this using initials and such

That is false. You're taking the advice of Rusty, perhaps the most notorious liar and know-nothing in this forum. If you reference the post in which he suggests that people use acronyms to specify sites, you'll see that he acknowledges that doing so is intentionally circumventing the rules of the forum.

You may not be gullible (thanks partly to information that you have read in this forum), but most fledgling writers desperately looking for work ARE gullible. Indeed, the scammers depend on such desperation and gullibility. That is one of the many reasons why name-dropping has not been allowed. I take it upon myself to prevent as many writers/customers as possible from being duped. It's not easy. It takes time. One's patience wears thin after years of dedication to the task.

Jun 5, 10, 04:19AM | #30
Fine, we can still exchange contact information if so desired. And unless/until the mods delete the post, it might still be useful.

WritersBeware   Jun 5, 10, 04:33AM | #31
Deceit

WritersBeware   Jun 5, 10, 04:34AM | #32
Fake address

WritersBeware   Jun 5, 10, 04:37AM | #33
Essay Writers

beadyeyesThreads: 2

Jul 8, 10, 04:12PM | #35
WritersBeware:
You do know that there are about five milliion other sites that specialize in freelance writing jobs and information, right?

Care to name some of these sites?

travel_birdPosts: 5

Feb 1, 11, 01:34AM | #36
Total noob here, and I know this is an old thread, but please PM me with reputable companies. I know the ones to avoid, but finding reputable companies on G is hard, given the SEO tricks and methods used to keep the same companies toward the top of the search results.

*I am also trying to join the educatedessayists yahoo group. Is it still active??

Thank you in advance.

travel_birdPosts: 5

Feb 1, 11, 02:36AM | #37
P.S.--WritersBeware please PM with your recommendations, rusty, can you elaborate on AR (via PM..if possible), give_me_a_break, please share, and somewriter, please share any recommendations. thanks!

2MockingBirdThreads: 1

Feb 1, 11, 07:57AM | #38
This thread has some interesting stuff. Rustychains and somewriter had raised an important issue which WB killed completely with his diversion. Methinks this guy has been planted to kill all useful discussions, he may be the mod really because he keeps on invoking mods when a discussion is at orgasm. I have tried to join that yahoo group mentioned and it looks like its no longer active. You can share with me the information you will harvest, Travel Bird.

MoorePosts: 5

Feb 1, 11, 08:49AM | #39
I have a small website and work with a few freelancers. I'm a writer, too. I should have more projects in the coming weeks, would anyone here be interested in cooperating with me? Please PM me.

pheelyks   Feb 1, 11, 10:45AM | #40
Moore:
I have a small website and work with a few freelancers. I'm a writer, too. I should have more projects in the coming weeks, would anyone here be interested in cooperating with me? Please PM me.

One more fly-by-night a$$h*le SPAMMING the forum and likely over-charging for poor quality work (he can't even write his SPAM copy without making mistakes).