EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / General Talk / answers: 73 - page 1 of 2

WARNING: If you use Viper / Raptor Plagiarism Scanner, you waive copyright to your own property!

WritersBeware  
May 16, 2009, 05:29PM | #1
WARNING: If you use Viper / Raptor Plagiarism Scanner, you will be waiving your inherent copyright to your own property, as well as all rights to compensation from the third-party commercialization of your property!

I have one, simple question:

"Why would an essay company that thrives on selling essays make an anti-essay-selling, plagiarism-detection site that is FREE to the public?"

If you have thought about using the "Viper" and/or "Raptor" plagiarism detection software provided by ScanMyEssay.com, I advise you to think twice! Here are 5 simple reasons why:

1. The owner of Raptor is "Academic Answers Limited," a UK company owned by Barclay Littlewood and notoriously marketed in this forum by his cohort, "Jennifer."

2. The owner of ScanMyEssay.com, the non-essay-selling site that markets Raptor, is also "Academic Answers Limited."

3. The owner of the UKEssays.com essay bank is, once again, "Academic Answers Limited."

4. UKEssays.com falsely claims that it is does NOT have an essay bank, currently advertising, "We're not a paper mill, essay bank or essay cheats service."

SOURCE:
Home Page of ukessays.com

In case the ukessays.com home page "suddenly changes" after this posting, here is a screen capture of the time/date-stamped copy of Yahoo's cached version of the ukessays.com home page from May 16, 2009, proving that ukessays.com has falsely claimed to NOT be an essay bank. (Note the humorous and possibly ironic display of a "Be an essay scam buster" graphic.):

ukessays.com

Contrary to what the UKEssays.com site now conveniently claims, it absolutely IS an essay bank. In fact, its dedicated "Essay Bank" section is located on the following page:

ukessays.com/essay-bank.php

Again, in case the UKEssays.com "Essay Bank" page suddenly changes or disappears after this posting, here is a screen capture of the time/date-stamped copy of Google's cached version of the UKEssays.com "Essay Bank" page from May 16, 2009:

bank1

Full-screen version:

bank1

5. Not surprisingly, the disclaimer at ScanMyEssay.com does NOT inform potential users that Academic Answers Limited owns essay banks, including but not limited to UKEssays.com. However, the very same disclaimer DOES, quite carefully and explicitly, afford ScanMyEssay.com the LEGAL PROTECTION to publish, commercialize, and repeatedly sell YOUR papers—forever—without paying you a penny! From the disclaimer page:

---------------------------------
In addition, in no event shall Academic Answers Limited, or its principals, shareholders, officers, employees, affiliates, contractors, subsidiaries, or parent organisations [including but not limited to UKEssays.com's essay bank], be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages whatsoever relating to the use of RAPTOR, or to your relationship with Academic Answers Limited.

By using the RAPTOR software you acknowledge that Academic Answers Limited will retain any document processed by the program for the purpose of marketing RAPTOR or any associated website of the Company [including, but not limited to, the Company's essay bank at UKEssays.com] and you agree that any right you may have to remuneration for the use of documents to which you hold the copyright is waived.

By using the RAPTOR software you acknowledge that Academic Answers Limited will store a copy of all documents processed by the program and documents submitted by other users will be compared to such copies and you agree that any right you may have to remuneration for such use of documents to which you hold the copyright is waived.

This Licence is the complete statement of the agreement between the parties on the subject matter, and merges and supersedes all other or prior understandings, purchase orders, agreements and arrangements.

This Licence shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue for all matters relating to this Licence shall be in courts located in the United Kingdom, and you consent to such jurisdiction and venue. There are no third party beneficiaries of any promises, obligations or representations made by Academic Answers Limited herein.

Any waiver by Academic Answers Limited of any violation of this Licence by you shall not constitute or contribute to a waiver of any other or future violation by you of the same provision, or any other provision, of this Licence.

Copyright © 2008 by Academic Answers Limited. All rights reserved.

---------------------------------

Screen capture of disclaimer from May 16, 2009:

ScanMyEssay.com

May 19, 2009, 09:13AM | #2
Afternoon WB, hey everyone,

In answer to your question, WB:

WritersBeware:
"Why would an essay company that thrives on selling essays make an anti-essay-selling, plagiarism-detection site that is FREE to the public?"

It's very simple. Good marketing is about building relationships with current and future customers. When people sign up to use Viper and/or Raptor, they provide their email address and consent for us to contact them. And indeed, we do - to promote our other services. Of course, they can opt out of those mails at any time.

In answer to your other points:

WritersBeware:
1. The owner of Raptor is "Academic Answers Limited," a UK company owned by Barclay Littlewood and notoriously marketed in this forum by his cohort, "Jennifer."

That's right, we own both Viper and Raptor. We don't exactly hide that - they are freely advertised on all of our websites.

WritersBeware:
2. The owner of ScanMyEssay.com, the non-essay-selling site that markets Raptor, is also "Academic Answers Limited."

Top marks again!

WritersBeware:
3. The owner of the UKEssays.com essay bank is, once again, "Academic Answers Limited."

And again yes! The 'essay bank' which we don't actively promote any more, but which is live on some of our websites, does indeed (oddly enough) belong to us.

WritersBeware:
4. UKEssays.com falsely claims that it is does NOT have an essay bank, currently advertising, "We're not a paper mill, essay bank or essay cheats service."

Not falsely, WB. We don't own anything that is an 'essay bank' in the conventional sense! There's certainly no bank of our past custom essays anywhere. If you'd spent a little less time with your print screen button and actually trialled the 'essay bank', you'd see that actually, it's just a tool that allows students to market their own essays to the public :-) You'll see we haven't personally added any essays to it in the past two years (bar maybe one or two of my own first year essays as a test!), and have no intention of doing so. We called it an essay bank so people would understand what it was for (searching for past prewritten papers). An alternative name would have been "Facility where you can sell your past papers to other students" but we didn't feel this was quite as catchy.

We don't actively promote the facility any more - I'm not even sure if it's linked from our menus - because it wasn't particularly popular, and we did have a concern that visitors (like yourself) may misunderstand what the bank was about.

WritersBeware:
Contrary to what the UKEssays.com site now conveniently claims, it absolutely IS an essay bank. In fact, its dedicated "Essay Bank" section is located on the following page: ukessays.com/essay-bank.php

Thanks for the promotion :-) Users of EssayScam are welcome to go and visit the bank and verify that this isn't an 'essay bank' that we use to sell essays to students - but merely a tool where students sell their *own* essays. It just connects people - people who want to sell their past papers, and other people who want to buy them.

WritersBeware:
Not surprisingly, the disclaimer at ScanMyEssay.com does NOT inform potential users that Academic Answers Limited owns essay banks, including but not limited to UKEssays.com. However, the very same disclaimer DOES, quite carefully and explicitly, afford ScanMyEssay.com the LEGAL PROTECTION to publish, commercialize, and repeatedly sell YOUR papers—forever—without paying you a penny!

Really? I don't get that from the terms!

ScanMyEssay, Viper, Raptor and the 'essay bank' tool are unrelated. If students who use Viper or Raptor are concerned, I suggest they search the 'essay bank' for their papers and hey, they won't find them. Why? Because (once again, just to be clear) the so called 'essay bank' is just a tool for students to sell their own work to other students.

Look, employing very simple logic (just in case you're lost here) - if we did indeed use students' essays in the essay bank then why is it we don't have a bank of over a million essays there? Because Viper and Raptor between them have scanned over a million papers. Also WB, I don't know if you own a business but come on, honestly, do you think anyone with an ounce of business sense would do what you're proposing - don't you think students would get just a tiny bit narked if they handed in their scanned paper and it was flagged for appearing in our so called 'essay bank'? Can you imagine the headlines - thousands of students all over the UK kicked out of uni for plagiarism charges? Which would point straight back to us? The idea is just ridiculous. We wouldn't be a multi million pound enterprise if our directors thought this way.

WritersBeware:
By using the RAPTOR software you acknowledge that Academic Answers Limited will retain any document processed by the program for the purpose of marketing RAPTOR or any associated website of the Company [including, but not limited to, the Company's essay bank at UKEssays.com] and you agree that any right you may have to remuneration for the use of documents to which you hold the copyright is waived.

(etc etc)

We retain documents to scan against other documents, just like TurnItIn. This gives the user a better result - a more accurate plagiarism scan - because it's not possible to put every book and journal into the scanner's database but because thousands of students use and quote from books and journals, their work expands the database - they contribute to making the software that they use better for everyone. Nobody else can see their work, except any small sections that are flagged as duplicate in a scan (and it is of course anonymous. Of course, unlike TurnItIn, we don't charge for the use of our software.

I appreciate the promotion you've given ScanMyEssay, WB and it's great to have the opportunity to address concerns that some of our visitors may have shared but at the end of the day, if you want to play Columbo, you'd save yourself a lot of embarrassment if you got your facts straight!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know.

All the best,

Jennifer :-)

May 19, 2009, 09:18AM | #3
Just to be clear on that last point (relating to the terms):

"...you agree that any right you may have to remuneration for the use of documents to which you hold the copyright is waived".

The term if you read it in full means that we're going to retain the document in our database and if this does, by chance, give you any right to a payment, you waive this right.

In fact, in the last few days I believe there has been a court hearing concerning TurnItIn, which confirmed that the retention of documents in their database for other students or universities to scan against was 'fair use' so I don't think people using the scanner do have a right to a payment for the use of their document this way, anyway, but the term is saying if you *DID* have such a right to payment, you're giving that up.

Which is not the same as giving us (I quote) "the LEGAL PROTECTION to publish, commercialize, and repeatedly sell YOUR papers—forever—without paying you a penny!". But top marks for imagination and creativity, as always :-)

WritersBeware  
May 20, 2009, 01:56PM | #4
Well, well, well—the snide and smart*ss Jenny returns. I didn't think we'd ever see your virtual face again, considering that Exwriter provided evidence that you have lied to the public about being an attorney. Tell me—do you still want to keep that charade going, or should Exwriter return to embarrass you?

JenniferAA:
We don't own anything that is an 'essay bank' in the conventional sense! There's certainly no bank of our past custom essays anywhere. If you'd spent a little less time with your print screen button and actually trialled the 'essay bank', you'd see that actually, it's just a tool that allows students to market their own essays to the public

Well, Jenny, either you are a liar or you are surprisingly ignorant of your own services—neither would surprise me. You may want to spend a little less time and energy marketing your false qualifications and getting Academic Answers deservedly TURNED DOWN AFTER MAKING CALCULATED "DONATION" OFFERS to charities for publicity purposes (shocker) and a little more time understanding what text appears on your own sites! Allow me to educate you, smarty-pants:

"Welcome to our essay bank with professionally written law essays for sale online."

That text is the contents of the meta description tag of your lawteacher.net/essaybank.php. That precise text gets displayed in search engines as the site's description, which is exactly how I found it.

"Professionally written" papers are NOT provided by students, JENNIFER. "Professional papers" are provided—you'd like to think—by your "professional" writers.

So, Jenny, which is it—are you lying about not placing previous customers' orders in your essay bank, or are you lying to potential buyers about your recycled, amateur, essay bank papers being "professional" in order to mislead them into buying?

JenniferAA:
Thanks for the promotion :-)

Well, on a similar but completely unrelated note, I could advertise "free garbage" or "get your steaming pile of free crap while it's still warm" all day long, but that doesn't mean people will want it.

JenniferAA:
Not falsely, WB. We don't own anything that is an 'essay bank' in the conventional sense!

Caught in a lit, let the spinner commence!

JenniferAA:
we did have a concern that visitors (like yourself) may misunderstand what the bank was about

I did not "misunderstand" anything. What I did was:

a. educate the public on the one-sided, overbearing, all-encompassing nature of your LEGAL CONTRACT that denies people of all control over the reproduction, publishing, and compensatory rights to their OWN PROPERTY;

b. remind people about Exwriter's evidence of your public misrepresentation of your legal qualifications as an atytorney;

c. prove that your company currently lies about not having an "essay bank" (in fact, you have now openly admitted such in this thread after I left you with no other choice);

d. played you like a fiddle, getting you to further incriminate yourself by ADMITTING that you have either lied about never having put "professionally written" papers in your essay bank OR you are currently lying to potential customers by misreprenting your essay bank papers as "professionally written."

Pick your poison, Jenny. Try not to "spin" yourself into a coma.

WritersBeware  
May 20, 2009, 02:27PM | #5
Sorry, the phone rang, and I quickly posted without double-checking for typos.

lit = lie

atytorney = attorney

misreprenting = misrepresenting

WritersBeware  
May 20, 2009, 02:46PM | #6
JenniferAA:
The term if you read it in full means that we're going to retain the document in our database and if this does, by chance, give you any right to a payment, you waive this right.

Do you think the public, as a whole, is stupid? Your contract ALSO gives your company the right to resell the papers, through ANY one of your sites, at ANY time in the future. Why don't you admit this to be the case in your contract, hah? Why don't you openly acknowledge in your 1-sided contract that Academic Answers has in the past operated—and still does operate—ESSAY BANKS that resell student and/or "professional" papers? Why don't you also openly acknowledge that your 1-sided contract gives Academic Answers the legal right and all legal protections to unilaterally CHANGE THE NATURE of those essay banks at any time, for any reason, enabling Academic Answers to publish and/or repeatedly sell ALL students'/plagiarism-scan-submitters' papers without having to provide compensation to the TRUE owners?

Your justification for the BROAD wording in your 1-sided contract is that you currently "have no intention" to resell customers' papers. Sorry—since when is YOUR honesty beyond reproach? You expect people to simply "trust" you, even though your 1-sided contract affords you the legal protection to do exactly what it is that you currently claim that you won't? Give me a break. The cold, hard fact is that if you and Mr. Littlewood decide—1 week or 10 years from now—that you want to resell submitters' property, your 1-sided contract—in its current form—affords you the legal protections to do so.

WritersBeware  
May 20, 2009, 02:57PM | #7
JenniferAA:
In fact, in the last few days I believe there has been a court hearing concerning TurnItIn, which confirmed that the retention of documents in their database for other students or universities to scan against was 'fair use' so I don't think people using [our] scanner do have a right to a payment for the use of their document

Congratulations to Jennifer, UKEssays.com, and the entire Academic Answers team for adopting the same policies as Turnitin, one of the most hated organizations in the eyes of students and anyone who values personal copyrights.

Knife, meet students' backs.

WritersBeware  
May 25, 2009, 03:17PM | #8
What—no more witty, smart*ss responses from Jenny?

May 26, 2009, 11:00AM | #9
You are a very angry individual WB and so impatient. Some of us have better things to do than sit around in forums all day long, hence the delay :-) Anyway, here I am now, to answer your questions.

You, and any of this site's visitors, are very very welcome to investigate the "Essay Bank" you refer to and see that no essay from our company appears there. As explained, this is a facility where students sell their past essays to other students. That's quite simply what it is and no matter what you say WB, you can't change the fact that we have not added any essays to that facility ourselves.

Our contract doesn't do what you say it does either - it certainly doesn't give us the right to resell students' essays. And as I said, basic fundamental business sense denotes that such a practice would be suicidal for our company. We'd just never do this.

We don't adopt the same policies as Turnitin because we don't charge for the use of the scanner. The issue students have with Turnitin is that companies profit from the use of their work but we don't do that. People are free to use our plagiarism scanner, whether or not they ever buy anything from us.

If anyone has any genuine concerns about Viper, I'm more than happy to address them - my email address is jennifer@academicanswers.co.uk.

The lawyer jibes are getting really old - nobody 'exposed' me for "not being an attorney" at all. I'm a qualified lawyer with 6+ years of experience and a current practising certificate. You can say whatever you like WB but it won't change that.

You know, it's great that you spend so much time in these forums trying to help people, but your constant desire to throw personal insults at me, and your attempts to take down our company, given that you're not a past customer, seems a little unhealthy to me. The fact that you're typing posts in such a rage that you forget to check them for errors just makes me think you have some real issues that for your own sake, you should deal with. Why are you now calling me Jenny? I think you have some real problems and I don't think readers of this site are going to view you with much credibility if you carry on ranting and raving the way you do.

All the best! :-)

May 26, 2009, 03:48PM | #11
JenniferAA:
The lawyer jibes are getting really old - nobody 'exposed' me for "not being an attorney" at all. I'm a qualified lawyer with 6+ years of experience and a current practising certificate.

In the UK it is rather different from the States. You have solicitors, lawyers, barristers and attorneys - they have different functions but, at the end of the day, have graduated law school. I know I am going to be attacked for saying this but it does seem that - ezinearticles.com/?expert_bio=Jennifer_Wiss - she is a legal professional. Besides, the British media is absolutely vicious! She has publicly identified herself as a lawyer on several programmes ... if it weren't true, the media would have torn her apart. By media I am not talking about promo articles on blogs or ezines but the BBC - they would have had a field day and left nothing but bloody corpses behind.

Everybody - I do not know Jennifer and I really could not care less about whether or not she graduated law school or has ever even laid eyes upon the exterior of a court house. I just want to push the lawyer issue aside so we can hear both sides of the Viper debate. DO THEY OR DO THEY NOT PUBLISH MATERIAL SUBMITTED THROUGH VIPER ON THEIR ESSAYBANK?

WB- were one to use viper does that mean that a person would be consenting to the company's later use of the paper for any reason whatsoever - whether commercial or not?

WritersBeware  
May 26, 2009, 05:20PM | #12
OxbridgeResearchers:
In the UK it is rather different from the States. You have solicitors, lawyers, barristers and attorneys - they have different functions but, at the end of the day, have graduated law school. I know I am going to be attacked for saying this but it does seem that she is a legal professional.

OR, please read the evidence posted by exwriter:

http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/9/ukessays-com-nowhere-near-specif ied-standard-155/#msg9665

http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/9/university-essays-is-scam-744/#m sg10141

OxbridgeResearchers:
DO THEY OR DO THEY NOT PUBLISH MATERIAL SUBMITTED THROUGH VIPER ON THEIR ESSAYBANK?

OK, in a nutshell, Jennifer claims that Academic Answers has "no intention" to resell submitted papers. In her opinion, that's all that matters. Her honesty is beyond reproach, right? Customers should just "trust" her, even though SHE and Academic Answers have laid the legal groundwork for 100% legal immunity in the event-however likely or unlikely-that they LATER decide, for whatever reason, to resell the papers. Funny-she and Academic Answers don't simply "trust" customers to use Viper in a certain way, do they? Of course not! However, the one-sided contract in favor of Academic Answers gives the company 100% legal protection in the event that it chooses-1 week or 10 years from today-to begin reselling submitted papers through "ANY" of its essay bank sites (regardless of whether those essay banks remain in their current format or change to openly and outwardly re-sell previously custom-written papers and/or papers submitted to Viper). The contract is extremely vague and broad as it applies to subsequent use of papers by other sites owned by the the company. My simple point is that the contract of Academic Answers, as it exists in the following screen capture, affords Academic Answers legal protections to resell ANY of the papers at ANY time for ANY reason through ANY of its sites, without paying a single penny to the original authors. I'm not making this up! Read the contract for yourself!

Review the contract to verify that my statements are true:

Contract

May 27, 2009, 12:05AM | #16
OxbridgeResearchers:
In the UK it is rather different from the States. You have solicitors, lawyers, barristers and attorneys - they have different functions but, at the end of the day, have graduated law school. I know I am going to be attacked for saying this but it does seem that she is a legal professional. Besides, the British media is absolutely vicious! She has publicly identified herself as a lawyer on several programmes ... if it weren't true, the media would have torn her apart. By media I am not talking about promo articles on blogs or ezines but the BBC - they would have had a field day and left nothing but bloody corpses behind.

She did the FILEX course THAT makes her a legal executive NOT a LAWYER. She DID NOT do the LPC, which at one point she tried to claim, until I proved that she IS NOT registered with the LAW SOCIETY. Legal Executives perform a similar role to LAWYERS/SOLICITORS but you do not gain the right to call yourself a lawyer or a solicitor UNLESS you complete the LPC. The FILEX site refers to members as similar to lawyers, however, Jennifer COULD NOT set herself up in business as a solicitor WITHOUT doing the LPC course, and could only offer her services as a legal executive. Legal executives DO get to represent clients in court, but DO NOT have the same rights of audience as solicitors or barristers.

Many people choose the legal executive route into law as it is not as costly as the law school route, and many also hope to persuade their employers to fund their LPC or BVC course whilst working as a legal exevutive or a paralegal. I have many friends who are now practising solicitors and barristers who goy in through this route. The fact that Jennifer has never progressed to completion of the LPC shows that either her employers were unwilling to fund this route, or that she lacked the capability to complete the LPC. As she once stated that she had done the LPC course, it seems reasonable to assume that she failed, given that her name does not appear within the law society's list of qualified LPC students, unless of course she now wishes to proclaim that she NEVER even attempted the LPC course.

May 27, 2009, 02:30AM | #17
exwriter:
She did the FILEX course THAT makes her a legal executive NOT a LAWYER.

LL.B 1st class honours? What does that make her ... a baker, a butcher or a candlestick maker? And what about the fact that "Legal Executives are qualified lawyers specialising in a particular area of law?" And ... are we discussing Raptor here or Jennifer? Just because she is one of the few here whose real identity is known does not mean that we are licensed to attack her personally.

Jeniffer made particular claims about the use of Raptor and WB disproved them through reference to the terms of use ... that's all there is to it.

May 27, 2009, 03:18PM | #18
OxbridgeResearchers:
LL.B 1st class honours?

That does not make you a lawyer. I have many friends who have the same qualification who are not even remotely connected to the legal profession since completing their degree.

on the same site you quote from re legal executives it states

Specialising in a particular area of law, their day-to-day work is similar to that of a solicitor

Similar ie not the same as. How much do YOU actually know about the UK legal system. Jennifer professed, quite some time ago, that she is a lawyer. I asked if she had completed the LPC to which she stated that she had. I checked with the law society and found this to be a fallacy, ergo she lied about her qualification. If she can lie about that in order to attract students to use her services why should we trust her, the company she works for or any other services offered through that company.

I find it strange that you feel the need to defend someone who blatantly lied about their qualifications, and only gave up on that lie when she was exposed. Would you REALLY trust someone like that, if so then maybe your intellect should be questioned.

May 27, 2009, 04:00PM | #19
exwriter:
How much do YOU actually know about the UK legal system.

Very much actually ...
exwriter:
Specialising in a particular area of law, their day-to-day work is similar to that of a solicitor
We can argue semantics all day long but Legal Executives are lawyers. Whether or not she is a Legal Executive is something I do not know ...

Anyway - whether she is a legal practitioner or not is hardly the issue. The question here was about Raptor and, despite the fact that my
exwriter:
intellect should be questioned
, I believe WB settled it through the provision of sound evidence. Do not let this nonsensical debate over Jennifer's qualifications, or lack thereof, overwhelm WB's presentation of credible evidence.

May 28, 2009, 12:09AM | #20
OxbridgeResearchers:
I believe WB settled it through the provision of sound evidence. Do not let this nonsensical debate over Jennifer's qualifications, or lack thereof, overwhelm WB's presentation of credible evidence.

I am not trying to take this off topic, i was merely pointing out that if one of the company's representatives can LIE about their qualifications why should we trust anything else she says on their behalf, as I am sure WB would agree.

Legal executives are not recognised as lawyers amongst the true legal profession of barristers and solicitors and do not have the same rights of audience at court. Jennifer raised the issue herself that she is a lawyer in this thread

JenniferAA:
I'm a qualified lawyer with 6+ years of experience and a current practising certificate

A fact she KNOWS I CAN and HAVE disproved. You will note that she has not come back to refute my comments because she knows that she is unable to do so as A LEGAL EXECUTIVE IS NOT IN THE TRUE SENSE OF THE WORD A LAWYER but MERELY provides similar functions to a lawyer. FACT.

would you trust someone who claimed to be a doctor to perform surgery when in fact that person was only a paramedic? This has happened in the UK were people have posed as professionals without in fact having the necessary qualifications.

My reason for highlighting her LIES is to demonstrate her and the company's lack of integrity, which ergo leads to the question should we believe her claims that using Raptor will not lead to AA having rights over the writers work, through which they can sell this work WITHOUT paying the true author for the work provided?

May 28, 2009, 01:28AM | #21
exwriter:
Raptor will not lead to AA having rights over the writers work, through which they can sell this work WITHOUT paying the true author for the work provided

That I believe as the terms of use, posted above, are rather Faustian.

May 28, 2009, 11:00AM | #22
(Sigh!!!!!) For the sake of all Legal Executives out there, just to set people straight - Legal Executive Fellows can have rights of audience, are eligible to apply to become judges, alongside barristers and solicitors, can be in partnership with solicitors in a law firm. They can set up in business but there must be a solicitor, that's the requirement. I don't think that has a lot to do with them being lesser lawyers - it's actually about supervising bodies, as I understand it. Licensed conveyancers, who have a fraction of the training of a Fellow, can set up on their own, to the best of my knowledge (again something to do with supervising bodies). There's very little difference between a Fellow and a solicitor - they do the same work, they often attract very similar rates of pay - the only difference is the route of qualification.

I've found in my experience that the people who put down Legal Executives as being in some way a lesser class of lawyer have not worked in a law firm or don't fully understand the English legal profession - and then of course there's the snobs who like to go on about the cost of the courses - which has no real bearing on anything.

In my mind, to say that a qualified Legal Executive with 6 years or more of experience and a heap of other qualifications will never be as good as a solicitor (even a newly qualified solicitor with absolutely no experience) shows a complete naivity as to how Legal Executives qualify. Part of their qualification to Fellowship level involves demonstrating proven practical experience completing the same work that a solicitor would complete and indeed, a reference is required from their superior as to their capabilities. The level and quality of experience that someone undertakes to reach fellowship level is far more intense than anything taught on the LPC - and the ILEX practical courses are actually far better than the LPC modules which sent me to sleep. I've worked with some fantastic Legal Executives, some of which have 30+ years of experience in their career - are they of less worth than a solicitor, just because the solicitor is called a solicitor? I don't think so.

Anyway, ultimately I'm not really interested in a debate on who's better, solicitors or lawyers, it's like something you'd expect to hear from 5 year olds in the playground. And I have the qualifications I achieved, I have never lied about them - I don't know anything about a register of past LPC students but perhaps the fact that I'm a divorcee explains why you can't find me, if that indeed is the case. If you want to waste your time making personal jibes or implying I haven't got them then be my guest because at the end of the day, what you say or think actually doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to anyone or anything! It's all a little irrelevant in this forum as someone has pointed out, and even more irrelevant because although I do have a practising certificate, my primary role now is in marketing!

As always I'd be pleased to help anyone with genuine enquiries that relate to EssayBay or the Academic Answers websites, as that's what I'm here for :-)

WritersBeware  
May 28, 2009, 01:12PM | #23
Why don't you post a copy of the paperwork that PROVES you to be a practicing "lawyer," as you have publicly claimed?

JenniferAA:
my primary role now is in marketing!

Really? Shocker!

JenniferAA:
as that's what I'm here for :-)

You're not allowed to be here for that reason, so take a hike!

May 28, 2009, 11:38PM | #25
JenniferAA:
The level and quality of experience that someone undertakes to reach fellowship level is far more intense than anything taught on the LPC - and the ILEX practical courses are actually far better than the LPC modules which sent me to sleep.

That is such a joke. The first company I went to work for after graduating law school was not a law compant nor connected to law in anyway. They knew I was interested in pursuing my career in law and invited me to undertake an ILEX course whilst working for them. I spoke to the course organiser who stated that I would gain nothing from taking that course as my qualifications were substantially higher than the ILEX course, which is his opinion was a midway qualification between an A level and a degree.

JenniferAA:
I don't know anything about a register of past LPC students but perhaps the fact that I'm a divorcee explains why you can't find me, if that indeed is the case.

The fact that you do not know that LPC students are registered suggests that you did not do this course as everyone who does this course would know that there name would appear in the register upon successful completion of the course. If you are now claiming to have completed this using a different name, maybe you might like to disclose the surname used so that your details can be verified against the register.

WritersBeware  
May 29, 2009, 01:57AM | #26
WritersBeware:
Well, Jenny, either you are a liar or you are surprisingly ignorant of your own services—neither would surprise me. You may want to spend a little less time and energy marketing your false qualifications and getting Academic Answers deservedly TURNED DOWN AFTER MAKING CALCULATED "DONATION" OFFERS to charities for publicity purposes (shocker) and a little more time understanding what text appears on your own sites! Allow me to educate you, smarty-pants:

"Welcome to our essay bank with professionally written law essays for sale online."

That text is the contents of the meta description tag of your lawteacher.net/essaybank.php. That precise text gets displayed in search engines as the site's description, which is exactly how I found it.

"Professionally written" papers are NOT provided by students, JENNIFER. "Professional papers" are provided—you'd like to think—by your "professional" writers.

So, Jenny, which is it—are you lying about not placing previous customers' "PROFESSIONAL" orders in your essay bank, or are you lying to potential buyers about STUDENT-SUBMITTED, recycled, amateur, essay bank papers being "professional" in order to mislead them into buying?

Hmmm, I wonder why she has no response.

WritersBeware  
May 30, 2009, 11:49PM | #28
JenniferAA:
The 'essay bank' which we don't actively promote any more

JenniferAA:
We don't actively promote the facility any more

Just thought I'd stop by to post another testament to Jennifer's honesty and believability:

EssayBay Essay Bank

Jennifer claims that Academic Answers does not promote an essay bank, yet, as of May 27, 2009, there's a prominent link to their "Term Paper Bank" in the menu of arguably their most popular site.

Jun 2, 2009, 11:25PM | #29
Hey I am new to this...and I have read some damaging info on a site called plagerismdetect.com......My question is plagiarismdetection.org the same deal beacuse the sites are different?? Would really appreciate anyone's help!

WritersBeware  
Jun 3, 2009, 12:34AM | #30
Wrong thread.

serene  
Jun 3, 2009, 03:25PM | #31
matt09:
I have read some damaging info on a site called plagerismdetect.com

Are you a writer?

Jun 4, 2009, 05:01AM | #32
Yes, I do research for the UN in Vienna and was worried about a source I was given. If this is the wrong thread which one should I use? thanks!

WritersBeware  
Jun 11, 2009, 12:33AM | #35
Gee, I wonder why Jennifer has disappeared again . . . .

Maybe she's brainstorming others ways in which to stab customers in the back.

LOL! Hey, EW_writer, maybe you were right about that whole "turning over customers' information" thing—accept that your employers at EssayBay and Academic Answers weren't even served with a subpoena and voluntarily chose to publicly BUST their own, trusting customer without any prodding! Wow.

LMAO!

Jun 11, 2009, 01:59AM | #36
WritersBeware:
Gee, I wonder why Jennifer has disappeared again . . . .

Maybe she's brainstorming others ways in which to stab customers in the back.

LOL! Hey, EW_writer, maybe you were right about that whole "turning over customers' information" thing—accept that your employers at EssayBay and Academic Answers weren't even served with a subpoena and voluntarily chose to publicly BUST their own, trusting customer without any prodding! Wow.

LMAO!

If a school coach went to ET and told them the same thing this guy told EB admin, what options do you think that would leave ET with? :P But yes, this proves my point that "legit" companies such as Academic Answers and Essaybay are more likely to cough up customers when left with no choice. This is precisely why customers in EB don't need to present any personal info about them and why financial transactions are conducted through a 3rd party (escrow). This way, the company is able to protect its clients better. ^_^

WritersBeware  
Jun 11, 2009, 02:05AM | #37
EW_writer:
companies such as Academic Answers and Essaybay are more likely to cough up customers when left with no choice

You're funny. How, exactly, was Academic Answers "left with no choice"? I'd like to see a copy of the subpoena or Court Order.

Jun 11, 2009, 02:11AM | #38
WritersBeware:

You're funny. How, exactly, was Academic Answers "left with no choice"? I'd like to see a copy of the subpoena or Court Order.

Do I need to explain? Nah.. just read the article again and put it together yourself. It's not like it requires you to do any math. Hawhawhawhaw!!!!

I think I'm gonna laugh my guts out. XD

WritersBeware  
Jun 11, 2009, 02:22AM | #39
EW_writer:
I think I'm gonna laugh my guts out.

That's exactly what everyone does after reading yet another one of your daily beat-downs at my hands.

Slap

EW_writer:
Do I need to explain? Nah.. just read the article again and put it together yourself.

Coward, you have obviously read the article up and down, so why don't you just quote the text that communicates how Academic Answers was legally compelled to stab the customer in the back? It's quite easy to accomplish. It's a very short article. It should take you maybe 60 seconds, start to finish, to copy and paste the quote.

Jun 11, 2009, 03:22AM | #40
WritersBeware:
text that communicates how Academic Answers was legally compelled to stab the customer in the back

Did I mention legally anywhere in my sentence, lamebrain? :P Hey... nice picture. You really do look like a man. >.<

Forum / General Talk /

26 users online in the last hour