EssayDirectory - the best essay services!     Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / General Talk / answers: 26

Turnitin deletion of paper

May 12, 2009, 04:49AM | #
I requested form turnit in to delete a paper submitted some time ago from my university for plagiarism check.
Here is their reply

Thank you for contacting the Turnitin Help Desk regarding your paper.
Please contact your instructor regarding paper deletion. For contractual
reasons all paper deletion requests must be submitted by the account
administrator.

Thank you for using Turnitin. If you have any other questions please
feel free to contact us again.

Since for several reasons i cannot contact my instructor regarding paper deletion I would ask to ask from you people who to contact (perhaps their legal department?) and if possible to provide me a layout with my request

May 12, 2009, 04:54AM | #
No - it has to be the account adminstrator; no one else can delete it. In the future, however, when uploading to turnitin make sure that you select the DO NOT SUBMIT TO REPOSITORY option. That way, your paper will be checked against the student repository but will not be stored on it

May 16, 2009, 05:08AM | #
I tried the viper scanner to check for any plagiurism in my essay. The terms and condition state that the company keeps a copy of the work that was scanned. Therefore does this mean that if my university use a different plagiurism checker (such as turnitin) then my essay would be regonised as 100% plagiurised because the viper company has a copy of it?

May 16, 2009, 06:05AM | #
moph5as5:
Therefore does this mean that if my university use a different plagiurism checker (such as turnitin) then my essay would be regonised as 100% plagiurised because the viper company has a copy of it?

No, it doesnīt. If you ran your paper through Viper, it canīt be detected by turnitin, unless it was previously submitted to turnitin. Turnitin will check the paper against all the previous papers in itīs own database, however it canīt access the database of any other plagiarism detector.

If you trully want to make sure that your paper is safe, despite the fact that you checked it by Viper, go and use writecheck.turnitin.com (Turnitin for students) and run it through. Youīll have to buy 5$ credit for 5,000 words, but at least youīll know what is your standing.

May 16, 2009, 08:42AM | #
I was wondering about this. Is there a good, preferably free alternative to Turnitin? I have paid for an essay from a site and it seems really good, and I've used Google to check for plagiarism and found nothing, but I've been * over before so I want to be sure. I don't want to use Turnitin and I don't want to submit to some site that keeps a copy, so I was wondering if anyone's got any tips?

May 16, 2009, 10:13AM | #
br104497:

Thanks, can't believe I didn't realise that.

In my experience turnitin is the most advanced. Furthermore, considering that it is used by most universities and schools, it's a good idea to stick to it - that way you will see that which your professor will see :)

May 16, 2009, 04:59PM | #
can anyone tell me whether writecheck.plagiarism website which is powered by turnitin is reliable....is it possible for students to check for plagiarism in turnitin.com

May 19, 2009, 09:20AM | #
Hello :-)

Yes do look at the thread OxbridgeResearchers has recommended - you don't waive the copyright to your property, just to any payment for the fact that we retain a copy of your paper in our database, securely, for other students to scan against. Nothing else.

Unfortunately WB let his/her imagination run a little wild! :-D

May 25, 2009, 02:40PM | #
i used wrtiecheck.turnitin.com
i would like to know as i ve got the result of 30% plagiarism but when i exclude quotes it shows 10%, so when the lecturer mark your paper ecluding quotes...please advice

May 25, 2009, 04:17PM | #
khappe:
i would like to know as i ve got the result of 30% plagiarism but when i exclude quotes it shows 10%, so when the lecturer mark your paper ecluding quotes...please advice
Whether your professor turns the "include quotations" option on or not is unimportant. The right hand column of the report reveals the source of your quotations and all your professor need do is check whether the coloured/highlighted passages are in quotes or not. As far as the 20% mentioned is concerned, you are safe.

The 10% is another issue. Is it from the body of the paper or your bibliography? If from the body of the paper, you need to change it asap ... eliminate that 10%.

Another thing ... 20% quotations is way too much. You should not devote any more than 10% of your study to quotations. Try to fix that as well as it will probably bring your grade down.

May 26, 2009, 02:15AM | #
Hey OR

I have seen a few reports generated by turnitin, it catches common phrases as well. Even if I write something totally from scratch without even looking at anything it would still show a small percentage of similarity.
Is it really possible to get 0% or it depends on the nature of similar phrases?

May 26, 2009, 06:53AM | #
Hey humble - 0% is practically impossible. 5% is more like it when one switches on the "exclude quotes" and "exclude bibliography" options. The 5% (maximum), however, should be dispersed throughout the paper and not located in blocks or full sentences as that would indicate plagiarism :)

May 27, 2009, 09:35PM | #
I have used this site and I hope it does not store my information. It is free and seems to do well, as I have never had plagiarism in the papers I have written

May 28, 2009, 10:05AM | #
writerbay:
It's worth the money

I completely agree. Its originality reports are comprehensive and very easy to read/understand. It is invaluable for students who want to check the status of their work before they submit it

Feb 15, 2013, 12:52AM | #
jinny1:
Where can i find the "DO NOT SUMBIT TO STUDENT REPOSITORY" option in the new turnitin 2 interface?? it seems to have disappeared

I am wondering the same, hope someone experienced will show up and help out!

As I see most of these posts are a bit old..... so I thought I should ask again...I am actually so tempted to use writecheck.com/static/home.html, but I am so scared! My school does use Turnitin and I am afraid when they submit my work, it'll show up as 100% plagiarized. Please share your experiences with us guys!

Also if I am using the turnitin account established for me by my school to check my papers before submitting them, would that be any different from checking them on a personal turnitin account?

Forum / General Talk /

25 users online in the last hour