EssayDirectory - the best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / General Talk / answers: 64 - page 1 of 2

Do students really hand in essays written by others (and not get caught)?

Jul 28, 2008, 11:32AM | #
Hi there,

I'm Kendrick, hello all!

New member, but a reader of the forum for a good year and a half.

I'm no longer a student ( a good 20+ years), but reading from you guys/girls, I just gotta ask - do people REALLY hand in stuff that's written by another person and not get caught? I'd think with today's technology that they'd find it pretty quick - unless it really is an original service. If you got caught, don't they kick you out of school and your career is kaput?

Please don't take this question the wrong way - just wanted to know if anyone is willing to share there experiences or how it works - do teachers have special programs to check the work online, or say for a Dissertation, does the library have some huge database they check against? How's it work? I'm convinced it does happen (people hand it stuff not there's, and hey, not judgin' anyone!) but I'd think that's a big risk to take - depends on the School?

Well, thanks if anyone wants to enlighten a mid-life crisis-er. (Joke.) Don't do the LOL thing, or whatever it is. Lucky I can read e-mails now!

Jul 30, 2008, 09:29AM | #
Wow, that blows my mind!!! OK, not judging anyone, just thought they'd scan it in and search for the words, kinda like a google search??

P.S. The topic? That's NOT what I put, my original topic was "Hello new guy with a question" or very close to that. Is there a reason someone changed my topic? I find that to be a bit infringing on my right's. It's just a question, and I wanted some small details on how it works! Jeez next time I'll go to wikipedia, nice admin board

Jul 30, 2008, 11:07PM | #
Drd0little:
P.S. The topic? That's NOT what I put, my original topic was "Hello new guy with a question" or very close to that. Is there a reason someone changed my topic? I find that to be a bit infringing on my right's. It's just a question, and I wanted some small details on how it works! Jeez next time I'll go to wikipedia, nice admin board

Welcome to our world. :p

Jul 31, 2008, 12:37PM | #
Funny EW-writer! So, you guys trust a writer from company? Do student's have access to check if it's an original somehow? As I read through the board, it looks like a lot of people have trouble speaking English, yet say they are writers... what am I missing?

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with this. There's an argument to be made that yes, you should do your own work and earn your degree, but then a lot of people just can't find the time, maybe due to family and work and need something very fast. But I don't see how that a site could offer you the copyright to a paper, while on the site in small print, it says you cannot use it unless you quote it (I forgot which site I checked out). So for example, let's say one get's caught by some super-scanning software, however since it's paid for, it's copyrighted - how does that stand up against them taking away (I'd assume) your degree?

Aug 1, 2008, 02:01AM | #
Drd0little:
So, you guys trust a writer from company?

I don't understand the question. I'm a writer, not a customer. ^_^
Drd0little:
As I read through the board, it looks like a lot of people have trouble speaking English, yet say they are writers... what am I missing?

The fact that there are a zillion companies who hire just about anyone. >.<
Drd0little:
But I don't see how that a site could offer you the copyright to a paper, while on the site in small print, it says you cannot use it unless you quote it (I forgot which site I checked out).

That's a very good deduction. :) It works out fine so long as the company doesn't make good on its "law-abiding" regulations.
Drd0little:
So for example, let's say one get's caught by some super-scanning software, however since it's paid for, it's copyrighted - how does that stand up against them taking away (I'd assume) your degree?

I guess you'll get caught because of the fact that you didn't work on the original paper yourself. :p Even if you argue that you bought the paper including its copyright, buying the copyright doesn't change who wrote the piece, it just changes who can do what with it.

Aug 3, 2008, 12:56PM | #
ahhh, gotcha. Thanks EW-Writer. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that some people here who claim to write have pretty nasty English qualifications in the writing dept.!!!!

Well, in some ways school was always a "business", you have the sports guy's who get breaks because they got the school to the championship's or whatever, the rich people, family tradition of attending the school. I'm sure if some rich family had a kid who cheated, s/he would get a slap on the wrist, as opposed to someone who works their butt off to support a family and didn't find the time to write a small paper.

Sounds about right: that's life!!!

WritersBeware  
Aug 3, 2008, 09:52PM | #
EW_writer:
The fact that there are a zillion companies who hire just about anyone.

EW_writer, thank you for openly admitting and acknowledging that there are "zillions" of unqualified, ESL writers in the ranks of essay sites.

If it weren't for the handful of honest, North American and British companies that actually abide by their guarantee of hiring only native English writers, the industry would consist of virtually 100% intentionally misrepresented, ESL, unqualified writers.

Aug 4, 2008, 09:40PM | #
WritersBeware:
EW_writer, thank you for openly admitting and acknowledging that there are "zillions" of unqualified, ESL writers in the ranks of essay sites.

Blah blah blah blah blah... :D

WritersBeware  
Aug 4, 2008, 10:39PM | #
EW_writer:
Blah blah blah blah blah... :D

Don't be mad because I caught you ADMITTING the very thing that you have been denying for months.

WritersBeware  
Aug 5, 2008, 02:57AM | #
EW_writer:
Just ignore and have fun.

"Just lie and defraud" is more like it.

WritersBeware  
Aug 6, 2008, 12:57AM | #
EW_writer:
Do I deliver high quality work? Yes.

Why don't you post a paper that you have written so that I can point out all of your errors?

Aug 6, 2008, 09:47PM | #
Riiiiight.... :p Obviously, I can't post work that I've already sold since that would violate client cofidentiality and I like to keep my clients happy. :) If I post my published work, that would compromise my identity. On top of these two very good reasons is a third one which I just mentioned previously:

EW_writer:
Do I give a rat's ass about what you think?

^__________^

Say... why don't you post some of your work so that I can point out all of YOUR errors? :P

WritersBeware  
Aug 7, 2008, 12:14AM | #
Yes, the usual excuses. You're telling me that you have never written anything for YOURSELF? You don't have a single paper that you wrote for a student who ended up not paying? Give me a break. You won't post anything because you know that I'll embarrass you.

EW_writer:
Say... why don't you post some of your work so that I can point out all of YOUR errors?

There are no errors in my writing. Hell, I dare you to find one in any of my posts in this forum (when I'm not even paying attention). I have already pointed out numerous errors in your posts. For instance, are you STILL claiming that the period should be placed OUTSIDE of a closing quotation mark?

Aug 7, 2008, 02:11AM | #
WritersBeware:
You're telling me that you have never written anything for YOURSELF? You don't have a single paper that you wrote for a student who ended up not paying? Give me a break. You won't post anything because you know that I'll embarrass you.

Tsk tsk...

EW_writer:
If I post my published work, that would compromise my identity.

You can't read so well, can you? :p

WritersBeware:
You won't post anything because you know that I'll embarrass you.

Now THAT would be a refreshing turn of events since it's always me who ends up embarrassing you. :)

WritersBeware:
For instance, are you STILL claiming that the period should be placed OUTSIDE of a closing quotation mark?

Yes, I am. I've always found the practice much more logical in many cases although there are some exceptions. :) Do I do the same in my academic writing? Yes. :) has it been the source of ANY complaints from ANY of my clients? Nope. :P

WritersBeware:
I have already pointed out numerous errors in your posts.

By "numerous", you do mean more than one, right? :P

WritersBeware:
There are no errors in my writing.

Let's give her a hand, shall we? :p C'mon folks, look at WB! She NEVER makes any writing errors. Isn't that SOOOOOO COOOOL?!? Being a published writer, she probably saves tons of money from not needing any editors to proofread her work and suggest improvements. :) No sireee.... Why, she's a literal grammar animal!!! RAWRR....

Don't you ever get tired of me kicking your sorry ass all over this place each and every time we have these little chats? :p

WritersBeware  
Aug 7, 2008, 02:46AM | #
LOL, back to the name-calling. As I stated previously, that's all you have left. Where are your FACTS and EVIDENCE?

EW_writer:
Don't you ever get tired of me kicking your sorry ass all over this place each and every time we have these little chats?

At no time have you EVER defeated me in ANY argument. Why don't you reference a thread in which you have presented ANY evidence that proves wrong ANYTHING that I have EVER stated?

WritersBeware  
Aug 7, 2008, 02:48AM | #
EW_writer:
I've always found the practice much more logical

Ah, so because YOU find it more "logical," that gives you the right to butcher the English language and deliver your PROVEN mistake to customers?

Aug 7, 2008, 02:49AM | #
EW_writer:
For instance, are you STILL claiming that the period should be placed OUTSIDE of a closing quotation mark?

The United States is the country that practices this, however, if the sentence is something like:

Blah, blah, blah "x". OR Blah, blah, blah "9". You put the period outside.

A letter or number requires the period is outside the closing quotation mark. So...by saying that it is always inside the quotation is wrong.

WritersBeware  
Aug 7, 2008, 02:55AM | #
mre:
Blah, blah, blah "x". OR Blah, blah, blah "9". You put the period outside.

Wrong. Why am I not surprised that you share improper punctuation practices with EW_writer? Post the proof. Here's mine:

http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

Aug 7, 2008, 03:02AM | #
Here is the proof you neurotic:

http://grammartips.homestead.com/inside.html

This section:

"The only exception is when that last little item enclosed in quotation marks is just a letter or a number, in which case the period or comma will go outside the closing quotation marks:

~The buried treasure was marked on the map with a large "X".

~The only grade that will satisfy her is an "A".

~On this scale, the highest ranking is a "1", not a "10"."

WritersBeware  
Aug 7, 2008, 03:03AM | #
mre:
"10"."

LMAO!

Well, it's just like you to quote some NOBODY when there are about 50,000,000 authoritative sites that prove her to be WRONG.

By the way:

"In American English, the convention is to put commas and periods inside quotation marks. The British follow a more complicated and time-consuming convention, which may be why there is no longer a British Empire."
http://www.ncsu.edu/ncsu/grammar/Quotes3.html

You'll notice that I quote LEGITIMATE sources.

WritersBeware  
Aug 7, 2008, 04:24AM | #
mre:
You are extremely pompous and arrogant. You attack anybody that questions you....ANYBODY.

People can ask me legitimate, non-personal questions all day long. That's not what you or your buddies do.

Again, people who don't promote sites/jobs or post bullsh*t get no flack from me. You posted bullsh*t here and elsewhere, so you got flack.

Aug 7, 2008, 11:16AM | #
What bullsh*t did I post? You posted the lawsuit was dismissed (which it is not dismissed). Who is the bullsh*tter? You always act like you are right even when you are incorrect. You are so transparent to everybody except yourself apparently.

Non-personal questions...you ask everybody personal questions. You have never been published...you have my email. I can send you some sites and books that where I have been published. I am an attorney. What are you? Some drone troll that hangs around a message board and defends a fraud company like ********* tooth and nail??

********* is a fraud. This message board is a fraud. You are a fraud. Everybody with half a brain can see this. You have failed in your deception, and I hope someday you go to jail with all of the other ********* crooks.

WritersBeware  
Aug 7, 2008, 01:48PM | #
mre:
You posted the lawsuit was dismissed (which it is not dismissed).

The PLAINTIFF'S suit was dismissed. Only the defendant's counterclaims remain pending. Clearly, you have lied about reading the documents. I'm not surprised. What kind of "attorney" are you, anyway?

mre:
I am an attorney.

I know EXACTLY who and where you are, and have forwarded the information to all of the sites that you have defamed. When the day inevitably comes, good luck explaining away your actions, being an attorney and all . . . .

mre:
you ask everybody personal questions

Really? I ask people personal questions that are unrelated to the given thread? Quotes, please.

mre:
********* is a fraud.

I'm sure that you will eventually have the opportunity to present your evidence in a legal venue.

mre:
You are a fraud.

For the 50th time, please quote any untruthful information that I have EVER posted. If I'm a "fraud," my lies and deceit should be all over the place, right? Again, good luck.

mre:
This message board is a fraud.

LMAO! You're funny. Why don't you make it easier on everyone and tell us who/what is NOT a "fraud"?

mre:
You have failed in your deception

Please quote my "deception."

mre:
I hope someday you go to jail with all of the other ********* crooks.

You are one sad, sad individual.

Don't forget to answer my questions.

Aug 8, 2008, 11:58PM | #
Hey mre, what happened to "don't tease the crazy person"? :P

Sigh.. with all the money you and I make as offshore writers dealing with American consumers, it's easy to see that even without facing lawsuits, sites like ********* are on their way under. :) Even now that school is out, I get enough work to keep me very busy (which is why I often take days at a time to reply). Heck, I go to essaybay.com and see some writers who get good feedback bid much lower than I do. >.< If this keeps up, the expensive American competition would eventually have to compete with the offshore prices or permanently lose its market. Hence, it's no wonder that monkeys like WB are frothing at their mouths uncontrollably. :p

Since I probably won't be able to reply until several days later, I'm going to take this time to rebut my own post WB-style:

WB: Crook! What you make is pathetically meager to what we American writers make! The American homework writing industry shall never go under!!!!

My rebuttal: Well, if what we make is so insignificant, then why would it be worth anybody's time to complain about us? If our market share is so small, then why should anybody care? Fact is, our market share is not as small as the American competitors want it to be.

WB: You have no proof!! I have ALL the proof!!! I win.. blah blah blah...

Me: (-_-);;

See you all in a couple of days. :D

WritersBeware  
Aug 9, 2008, 12:07AM | #
Typed like the criminal that he is . . . .

Aug 9, 2008, 08:01PM | #
Whew.. ^_^ Just wrote a 5-page paper on global warming and a 6-page paper on an effective classroom intervention for students with ADHD. :p

WritersBeware:
At no time have you EVER defeated me in ANY argument. Why don't you reference a thread in which you have presented ANY evidence that proves wrong ANYTHING that I have EVER stated?

Err... it's all over the boards.. Ask the people here who they believe is more credible between you and me and I think you'll see my point. :)

WritersBeware:
Ah, so because YOU find it more "logical," that gives you the right to butcher the English language and deliver your PROVEN mistake to customers?

Errr... yeah.. I butcher the English language with my quotations and get my clients A-pluses. How's that? :p

WritersBeware  
Aug 9, 2008, 08:33PM | #
EW_writer:
rr... it's all over the boards.

Well, reference the pages, please. I want to see your quotes that prove wrong ANY of the evidence and fact-based information that I have EVER posted.

EW_writer:
Ask the people here who they believe is more credible between you and me

LMAO! Do you think I care how your disgusting, criminal friends will vote? I protect innocent people from being scammed by your crooked employers from Ukraine and Pakistan.

Aug 9, 2008, 11:48PM | #
WritersBeware:
LMAO! Do you think I care how your disgusting, criminal friends will vote? I protect innocent people from being scammed by your crooked employers from Ukraine and Pakistan.

*Plays special Super WB soundtrack again*
I was talking about customers, of course. ^_^ It's not like I can count on American writers like Lavinia to vote for me either. :P

WritersBeware:
Well, reference the pages, please. I want to see your quotes that prove wrong ANY of the evidence and fact-based information that I have EVER posted.

I never said that I disproved any of your "fact-based information". :) In fact, I've time and again conceded them. ^_^ That's what makes still kicking your stinking ass all the more fun.

WritersBeware  
Aug 10, 2008, 01:45AM | #
EW_writer:
kicking your stinking ass

Please elaborate. Are you suggesting that my evidence has no impact and my efforts have been for nothing? You're suggesting that the evidence that I have shared with EssayFraud.org has had no impact? That's funny.

Aug 11, 2008, 11:12PM | #
WritersBeware:
Please elaborate. Are you suggesting that my evidence has no impact and my efforts have been for nothing? You're suggesting that the evidence that I have shared with EssayFraud.org has had no impact? That's funny.

Well umm.. let's see here. You've been sharing your information for what? 18 months, you say? I've been in the industry longer than that yet order patterns and volume have stayed the same if not increased over the past years. I'm working for an off-shore company who claims to be American. Isn't that more than enough proof of the worthlessness of your efforts? When it comes down to the only thing that matters which is market share, you don't have ANY verifiable evidence that the orders that sites like essaywriters.net are getting have decreased significantly over the years. In fact, things are much busier now than they were during the last slow season for me. Aside from still writing for essaywriters.net, I've accumulated some regular customers at essaybay.com and a few direct clients who contacted me through this very messageboard. :)

WritersBeware  
Aug 12, 2008, 12:09AM | #
EW_writer:
I've accumulated some regular customers at

Just out of curiosity, do you fully disclose your true location in your EB profile?

Sep 8, 2008, 03:56PM | #
Uh... why do you guys fight so much???!!!??!! So, EW, you are a writer and WritersBeware, are you one as well?? I think everyone has the freedom of the 1st Amendment where it applies as long as it's not hate speech, so to not disclose whatever an EB is (sorry!!!), I believe it is his/her right - if you're an American or your country supports this!!!

Sep 9, 2008, 09:54AM | #
EW_writer:
I'm not American and my country supports very little freedom, but your gesture is appreciated. :p

1d0ntkn0w:
why do you guys fight so much???!!!??!! So

Coz it's fun. :D

HAHAHA that's hilarious, may I ask what country? "European Wunion?" =)

Forum / General Talk /

18 users online in the last hour