EssayDirectory - the best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / General Talk / answers: 109 - page 1 of 3

Plagiarism Scanner, PlagiarismDetect

Aug 13, 08, 04:46AM | #
Hey, ive been working on a plagiarism scanner and wanted to stop by and introduce myself :) Its not done so dont look at this as spam but I just wanted to get some feedback on features that writers and students would look for. Im trying to make it similar to turnitin so the accuracy is my main focus. O yea im a highschool student in Houston tx so hello from the states :)

Also I read about the plagiarism detect thing and thought ide post an email i got from "Jeffrey" the other day soliciting for money-

Dear !

First of all I would like to thank you for your support and email praising my plagiarism detection system.

Thank you to the people who supported me, and made it possible to make improvements to the system.

I feel obliged to say, that am still working on some major improvements, on a new plagiarism detection algorithm particularly. Soon enough we will have a new algorithm, which will help define plagiarism with much more accuracy.

The last time I asked for donations my bank account blocked all of them, and all donations were returned to their owners. I dropped the ball there, but fixed it asap. And even though no money was donated - I improved the system as promised.

This time everything is ok, and I hope you can assist me in improving the system by donating only $2. This money will be spent wisely on the system improvement.

DONATE $2.00 to PlagiarismDetect.com <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=info@plagiarism detect.com&item_name=DonationForPlagiarismDetect&no_shipping=1&cn=Leave a note&amount=2.00&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP-DonationsBF&charset=UT F-8>

or more - will be very helpfull

I hope each and every student will use my system for his/her convenience. As long as I have people who need this system it will remain open and FREE.

Yours Truly,
Jeffrey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

Watch "Video FAQ from Jeffrey Smith" <http://www.plagiari-----t.com/video-faq.php>

WritersBeware  
Aug 13, 08, 01:19PM | #
"Jeffrey Smith" is a fraud who is actually the owner of essay mills located in Ukraine, including CustomWritings.com. He's trying to play on both sides of the fence.

For a good laugh, listen to his little speech in broken English:
plagiarismdetect.com/video-faq.php

Who does this Ukrainian crook think he's fooling with the fake, American name of "Jeffrey Smith"? What a douchebag.

Aug 13, 08, 02:10PM | #
i dont want to start up a bash thread but its a good laugh lol. For a writing service he tends to avoid linking verbs.

but about my project, is there anything you would want or look for in a plagiarism scanner? I have some ideas but wanted to get some public feedback on what they would want or look for.

WritersBeware  
Aug 13, 08, 02:37PM | #
blwire:
but about my project, is there anything you would want or look for in a plagiarism scanner? I have some ideas but wanted to get some public feedback on what they would want or look for.

First of all, will it be a completely free service?

Aug 13, 08, 02:46PM | #
blwire:
but about my project, is there anything you would want or look for in a plagiarism scanner?

Strong privacy statement that the paper will not be used by you or your affiliates in any way now and in the future.

Students should know that when submitting their papers to any "anti-plagiarism" website, they risk the paper will be sold or used without their consent.

For now your oral statement that "you don't need our papers and won't use them" is a joke. Especially that you have connections to people who are storing and selling pre-written papers on their websites.

Aug 13, 08, 02:52PM | #
WritersBeware:
First of all, will it be a completely free service?

Yup
Major:
Strong privacy statement that the paper will not be used by you in any way now and in the future. Students should know that when submitting their papers to any "anti-plagiarism" website, they risk the paper will be sold or used without their consent.
For now your oral statement that "you don't need our papers and won't use them" is a joke.

Yea got that covered too, dont want to get too indepth yet but there will be some benefits if you choose to store the paper in the db. Thought about that with turnitin as well so when you submit a paper theres a check box for permission to store it in the database or not.

Aug 13, 08, 03:29PM | #
blwire:
there will be some benefits if you choose to store the paper in the db.

Such as? A checkbox won't help if you sell the paper 1-2 years from the submission date.

Aug 13, 08, 03:52PM | #
Well im thinking of doing a credit system. The system is more thorough than a simple google query so ive been having trouble figuring out the best way to keep it free while covering server costs. One of my ideas is if the user chooses to store the paper in the db, they get extra submissions per month. This makes it easier to find pre written papers.

Not sure the best way of ensuring there privacy etc. besides being transparent on my end and putting it in writing in the privacy policy.

Sep 12, 08, 04:45AM | #
Dear WritersBeware,

My name is Jeffrey Smith, and I am the head of the project named "Plagiarismdetect.com"

First of all , I am waiting for your apologies referring to me as a "douche bag", you know this is impolite, and is no way to talk to me or about me.

Second: You can search my website, there isn't a single word mentioning me being American, whatsoever.

Third: You know that the owner of Customwritings.com, you had a rather unpleasant conversation with him on a different topic, so why do you keep writing that Jeffrey is the owner?

WritersBeware, if you don't have anything else to do, but write false and offensive statements about others, lets just open a new topic "Pick a hobby for WritersBeware", and together, we'll be able to solve this problem

Last, you claim that PlagiarismDetect.com is a scam? If yes - you must be out of your mind. To prove this I am posting a rather long list of testimonials, that were sent to my email. These people were not asked to write them, they did that because they wanted to:

Isioma wrote:
well then,
thank you for your efforts in helping students all over. we do appreciate your work.
cheers

Sarah H wrote:
Thank you so much! Your plagiarism detector is the best!

Rebecca wrote:
G'day! Smith...

I was just searching through a web for a good source where I can check my assignments for plagarism. I am surprised to see that your website did a great job in the same. I really appreciate your efforts in interest of students and teachers as well...

Cheers!!!

--
With regards,

Steve wrote :
Hi
I recently used your online Plagiarism Detect site and was pleased with the results -- it picked up a couple of instances of plagiarism that I had already been aware of.

The list is endless, and unfortunately I have more important things to do.

Moreover, if you find a single person, claiming that PlagiarismDetect.com is a faud - kindly introduce him here, and I would gladly discuss the way my system has harmed him.

Upon your request, I would gladly contact anyone, who has posted his testimonial about my system, and ask him to verify.

So, when you write things here, kindly check your information, and be careful not to offend anyone, because someone might sue you for slander.

I'm not talking about me right now, because I have a lot more interesting things to do, than to deal with small people like yourself.

Good day!

Yours Truly,
Jeffrey Smith

Dec 25, 08, 05:59AM | #
Dear Writers Beware,
please provide some argumentation on this issue, as right now you seem to be just a person who is pissed at the whole world. Kindly prove that PlagiarismDetect.com is a scam.

I thank you in advance for your brief response.

Yours Truly,
Jeffrey

WritersBeware  
Dec 25, 08, 01:10PM | #
Jeffrey, you are a PROVEN fraud. Please don't make me rehash all of the scams of CustomWritings.com and your blatant attempt to defraud customers by posing as a "happy customer of CustomWritings.com."

PlagiarismDetect.com = CustomWritings.com = SCAM

Tell me, Jeffrey, why don't you make it perfectly clear on the PlagiarismDetect.com site that you also own the essay ripoff site from Ukraine, CustomWritings.com?

Jan 2, 09, 05:42AM | #
Look, WritersBeware, I am getting tired of your stupid stubborness. Just re-read all the threads about me and customwritings.com and understand with your little head that I do not own customwritings.com, never did and never will.

And also - if you prove that plagiarismdetect.com is a fraud - than we will continue this discussion.

WritersBeware - I am waiting for specific evidence

WritersBeware  
Jan 2, 09, 12:16PM | #
PlagiarismDetect.com gleefully advertises CustomWritings.com, a verifiably fraudulent essay ripoff site from Ukraine. Both sites are hosted on the exact same server. PlagiarismDetect.com was obviously created as a means to advertise CustomWritings.com.

By "you," I obviously mean you, personally, and/or your "comrades" from Mother Russia.

Go screw yourself, Ukrainian fraud. I've already proven that you are a liar and deceiver. You don't deserve further "conversation" with me. Be gone, loser.

WritersBeware  
Jan 2, 09, 12:50PM | #
"Oops, I did it again . . . ."

Aside from the nearly identical design of PlagiarismDetect.com to fraudulent essay sites, along with the fact that the PlagiarismDetect.com HOME PAGE proudly links to fraudulent CustomWritings.com, here is further proof that PlagiarismDetect.com has the exact same owners at CustomWritings.com and other essay ripoff sites:

WritersBeware  
Jan 2, 09, 01:00PM | #
Oh, darn, I'm not finished!

Plagiarismdetect.com shares the EXACT SAME IP address (72.232.57.89) with delegateyourpaper.com, a new essay ripoff site that uses an obvious Ukrainian impostor to pose as "Perry from California" in a video testimonial. The Ukrainian accent is HILARIOUS!

domaintools.com/reverse-ip/?hostname=72.232.57.89

Just in case something conveniently "changes," here is a screen capture that I took on January 2, 2009:

[imgs=http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7798/delegateyourpapercomplagd1.jp g][/imgs]

WritersBeware  
Jan 2, 09, 01:10PM | #
Long time, no post!

Remember that 72.232.57.89 IP address? Would you believe that it is based in--of all places--UKRAINE? What an amazing coincidence!

As of January 2, 2009, following is the Whois ownership information for 72.232.57.89:

Class-Name: network
ID: ORG-LAYER-3-72.232.0.0/18
Auth-Area: 72.232.0.0/18
Org-Name: rosem.info
Network-Name: 72.232.57.80/28
IP-72.232.57.80/28
Organization;I: rosem.info
Street-Address: Slavjanskaya str.6 app.30
City: Kharkov
State: Kharkov
Postal-Code: 61052
Country-Code: UA [Ukraine]
Tech-Contact;I:
Admin-Contact;I:
Abuse-Contact;I:
Created: 20060118
Updated: 20060304
Phone: 972 398 7998

WritersBeware  
Jan 2, 09, 01:28PM | #
Think about it--why in the world would essay peddlers from Ukraine create an "anti-essay peddler" site? More importantly, why would any student in his/her right mind upload his/her essay or paper to be "scanned" by proven liars who fraudulently posed in this forum as a "happy customer of CustomWritings.com" and live double lives SELLING ESSAYS? Obviously, students shouldn't be surprised if the papers they uploaded for a "plagiarism scan" a few months ago start appearing FOR SALE at CustomWritings.com and/or other essay sites that are verifiably associated with PlagiarismDetect.com. The track record of these people speaks volumes about their untrustworthiness and justifies my precautionary post.

Just my 2, of course.

More evidence:

http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/9_769_0.html
http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/9_33_9.html#msg6197

WritersBeware  
Jan 2, 09, 01:41PM | #
Conveniently, the Whois ownership information for CustomWritings.com currently displays an unsubstantiated address in the UK (perhaps someone in the UK can visit and verify that address). However, following is the Whois ownership information for CustomWritings.com from October, 2005:

---------------------------------------------------------
Registrant:
EduMedia L.L.C
Kosmonavtov 10b. suite 41
Kharkov, Kharkov 07810
UA

+380502478781

Domain Name: CUSTOMWRITINGS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Goncharov, Alexei alexei.goncharov@gmail.com
Kharkov, Kharkov 07810
UA
+380502478781

Technical Contact:
Goncharov, Alexei alexei.goncharov@gmail.com
Kharkov, Kharkov 07810
UA
+380502478781

Record last updated 03-17-2008 11:44:08 AM
Record expires on 10-10-2012
Record created on 10-10-2005
---------------------------------------------------------

Wow, so many coincidences! Isn't it amazing that CustomWritings.com, PlagiarismDetect.com, and DelegateYourPaper.com are all hosted on the exact same or related servers in Kharkov, Kharkov, Ukraine?

WritersBeware  
Jan 2, 09, 01:43PM | #
Jeffrey, do you smell that? It's your bullsh*t.

WritersBeware  
Jan 4, 09, 11:51PM | #
No more smartass remarks, "Jeffrey" from Ukraine? LMAO!

May 4, 09, 12:31AM | #
WritersBeware:
Wow, so many coincidences! Isn't it amazing that CustomWritings.com, PlagiarismDetect.com, and DelegateYourPaper.com are all hosted on the exact same or related servers in Kharkov, Kharkov, Ukraine?

WB you are indeed genius!!! I Love how you spend your time to help towards the greater "GOOD"

Thank You!

WritersBeware  
May 4, 09, 01:55AM | #
Jagu:
WB you are indeed genius!!! I Love how you spend your time to help towards the greater "GOOD"

Thank You!

You are quite welcome.

WritersBeware  
Jul 31, 09, 06:03PM | #
Check out the blatant deception from the same group:

gradingrocket.com

GradingRocket poses as an independent type of "ranking system" for essay-writing sites. That's a load of bull from the same Ukrainians who are associated with CustomWritings.com and PlagiarismDetect.com. As of July 31, 2009, each and every one of the sites that it praises as legitimate and "legal" are its own sites (those owned and/or operated by "Brownie Freelance Limited").

Eugene Yanovskyy
Director
Brownie Freelance Limited
DEPT 706 19-21 CRAWFORD STREET
LONDON
W1H 1PJ
+44 (0) 20 8123 6329
partners@gradingrocket.com

The content and mission of GradingRocket.com are absolutely disgraceful and almost certainly illegal. A commercial enterprise cannot legally pose as an independent organization/service in order to promote its own properties, especially when the "positive reviews" of its own properties are based on unsubstantiated, superfluous criteria that the company itself created and have absolutely no independent oversight or confirmation.

WritersBeware  
Jul 31, 09, 06:42PM | #
Here is proof that UVOcorp.com, CustomWritings.com, and GradingRocket.com are hosted on the exact same server.

GradingRocket.com

Wow, what a completely unexpected coincidence-GradingRocket.com has given CustomWriting.com the highest possible ranking as part of its "independent, third party" grading system.

WritersBeware  
Jul 31, 09, 07:00PM | #
Following is a picture of a particular "Eugene Yanovskyy" (may or may not be the one in question) from Kiev, Ukraine, courtesy of a public Twitter account:

Eugene

http://twitter.com/yanovskyy

WritersBeware  
Jul 31, 09, 07:06PM | #
Definitive proof that GradingRocket is absolutely NOT an "independent, third party":

gradingrocket

Aug 1, 09, 09:43AM | #
WritersBeware:
Following is a picture of a particular "Eugene Yanovskyy" (may or may not be the one in question) from Kiev, Ukraine, courtesy of a public Twitter account:

You are right WB...the guy looks like a douche bag.

Aug 3, 09, 11:42AM | #
Hello everybody

Truth:
- I am Eugene Yanovskyy
- I am Ukrainian
- I don't have any account on twitter nor do I have any other accounts in social networks
- I run Brownie Freelance Limited, a company registered in the UK, the support, development facilities located in Kiev Ukraine
- My company has no relation to PlagiarismDetect.com other then the fact that PlagiarismDetect is ran by the firm who also does SEO services for us

- We do not cheat, scam and otherwise defraud our customers
- Every testimonial on our web sites is real
- Lateness stats, quality scores, writers and other statistics on Customwritings.com is real and is updated every 5 minutes in real time

GradingRocket.com is a joined effort of the two teams to create a positive alternative to EssayScam. It's not launched yet and is completely pre-alpha stage. There is no visitor traffic. Even our own web sites are NOT connected to it's system at the moment, despite the fact they are listed on the front page. As soon as this system launches in beta, there will be a public announcement on our corporate web site browniecorp.co.uk

Have a nice day and hope I've made everything clear.

P.S.
I never posted anything online under Jeffrey Smith, this is completely another person, as I've told before. I am not responsible for anything that he posts anywhere online.

Aug 3, 09, 11:51AM | #
WritersBeware, anything else we need to settle here?

What about our registered office address in London that troubles you so much? You will never find me nor any other employee at that address. Anything else you want to know about me, my company and our web sites?

Aug 3, 09, 11:56AM | #
What I am sorry about, is that you, WritersBeware, make me post to a forum where every nameless dog can call me douche bag and fraud in public without any chance for me to make this person liable for what they say.

Aug 3, 09, 12:18PM | #
I will not post anything about GradingRocket.com here, but

a) will bring your attention to the fact that most of the content on the site is DUMMY content placed for the sake of software and usability tests.

if you actually READ our corporate web site, browniecorp.co.uk, you will notice that GradingRocket is put into "in development" section, whilst the other sites are released.

b) declare our intention to build a system that would allow a positive cooperation between the market members and ensure collection of RELEVANT, REAL and MEASURABLE data on how well are the customers protected against fraud

For now I will ask the development crew to put a huge clearly visible disclaimer on the site so that to not mislead anyone.

Aug 3, 09, 01:34PM | #
Eugene....so much to go through, but I have little time. I do hope WB goes through the lies for everyone about you. I can see two right off the bat.

Aug 3, 09, 01:39PM | #
I am strongly convinced about the fact that speculations on the domain owners change, registered office adresses, website content mistakes and nationalities of business owners and their possible connections with some anonymous postings and profiles on the anonymous sites on the Internet have nothing to do with how well are the customers served and how good the company keeps it's promise.

I am not happy with how far the speculations and prejudices of this forum's users go in ruining my personal and my companie's reputation on the web, but judging on the fact that many people take the content they see on forums like this seriously, I am forced to enter the confrontation and do my best to save both here in public.

Aug 3, 09, 01:42PM | #
cybermediaboy:
I am not happy with how far the speculations and prejudices of this forum's users go in ruining my personal and my companie's reputation

I think you are doing that just fine by yourself. How can you seriously have a reputable company that writes English essays when it is obvious you lack high enough skill in that department?

Aug 3, 09, 01:57PM | #
WritersBeware, how are you sure you do not create trouble for the person on the photo you posted under my name? Do you have any right to do so, whatsoever? Did this person authorize you to post his photo on the internet?

THe obvious answer is NO.

I am not sure if I am a fraud, but obviously, YOU ARE DEFINITELY A FRAUD YOURSELF.

Aug 3, 09, 01:59PM | #
mre:
How can you seriously have a reputable company that writes English essays when it is obvious you lack high enough skill in that department?

This is just another pitiful speculation this forum is full of. And I will explain why.

I do not write essays myself, just in case this is not obvious. Furthermore, I do not hire the writers myself. I do not evaluate their test assignments myself. Neither do I even answer customer's calls.

My english profeciency level is just high enough to communicate my points well enough to the members of our international team.

Does this ring a bell?

Aug 3, 09, 02:19PM | #
cybermediaboy:
My english profeciency level is just high enough to communicate my points well enough to the members of our international team.

But it is good enough to act as the spokesman against allegations of fraud and dishonesty? Are you serious? Is this business a lemonade stand you are trying to run? Get out of here douchebag.

Forum / General Talk /

42 users online in the last hour