EssayDirectory - the best essay services!     Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / General Talk / answers: 6

Graduate vs. Undergraduate papers. What's the difference?

Sep 11, 2012, 10:20PM | #1
Curious as to what you guys find the main differences to be in writing undergrad papers as opposed to graduate-level work. Does it significantly change the way you approach things? The amount of work involved?

Sep 12, 2012, 01:35AM | #3
srandrews:
Does it significantly change the way you approach things? The amount of work involved?

Not really, although you would probably expect to use a wider range of sources in a post grad paper. I find that for some subjects (business) the emphasis at say MBA level is also much more upon practical application than theory alone, although this depends on the customers program and school.

Sep 12, 2012, 03:12AM | #4
Undergrad papers are much easier if you are writing within an area you've studied because you can simply regurgitate what you already know. As for Postgrad, you'll need to do more research because most of them demand use of theories and concepts that you first need to have already mastered before doing your research. This is the reason it is quite difficult to write a postgrad paper in an area you are not familiar with. Also, most postgrad papers demand use of more sources which again means that there is more legwork on it unlike undergrad where in most cases 1source/page is mostly more than sufficient. Under pressure, I can even write 5 pages/hour if it is an undergrad paper (good quality) but I cannot say the same of postgrad.

Forum / General Talk /

30 users online in the last hour