EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / General Talk / answers: 225 - page 1 of 6

Focus Group - an entrepreneur looking at establishing my own essay writing company.

Jun 3, 2011, 06:43AM | #1
Hi everyone,

I am an entrepreneur looking at establishing my own essay writing company. It was not that long ago in fact that I was studying at University, and had purchased two essays during the early boom. One was a fake, and the other was genuinely great, as requested. I know what its like to get ripped off, especially when you saved towards it. I'm posting this thread for some research, research you can only get from people in the industry.

I have been doing my homework and due diligence and I'm in the process of looking for 1st Degree Undergraduates and graduates. I was horrified to read on this forum that essay writing companies actually swindle their writers! I mean, the writers do most of the work, while the company gets paid for having set everything up and driving the work to the writer. I would highly imagine that good relationships with writers will be paramount to short term and long term success.

I was also horrified to see how many sites have sprung up! Certainly they are scams or outsourced work to Indian writers. I've even caught a few companies advertising on websites such as Freelancer.com for academic writers who can write to 2:1 + standard and can reference using Harvard etc... You'd be surprised how many people around the world offer their services, and at such cheap prices. But you'd find problems with those sites, as I actually did on my first fake essay given to me. Such companies cannot do well by their customers. If they did they would probably have to refund 75% of their work.

I feel fairly competent regarding what students are looking for from an essay company, but i guess I haven't as yet heard it from many mouths of students. I was mainly interested is some information from writers that write for these companies?

What is the treatment like?
How do they communicate with the company and get orders?
Do you fear being taken advantage of? If so, how?
What percentage of the assignment do you get and how many assignments can you expect to get in peak periods and slow periods?

Ideally, after looking around, I feel confident my set up can pay well and its definitely not in my nature to cheat anyone, especially clients. I mean, most business come from repeat purchasers and you got to value word of mouth. A testimony from someone you know will beat a review on an actual company's website.

Any other forms of advice from you experience in the industry, whether writer or student needing assistance.

Kind regards,

Evorus

WritersBeware  
Jun 3, 2011, 10:36AM | #2
"Focus group"—really? Focus yourself right out of this forum, please. You expect people to HELP you to compete with them? Wake up.

By the way, "focus group" organizers generally pay the participants.

Jun 6, 2011, 11:23AM | #3
WB is a liar who works for *********, and sees this post, which contains legitimate questions about scams in this industry, as a threat to his business. WB lies about who he is, as well as where his interests lie.

WritersBeware  
Jun 6, 2011, 02:33PM | #4
editor75:
WB is a liar who works for *********, and sees this post, which contains legitimate questions about scams in this industry, as a threat to his business. WB lies about who he is, as well as where his interests lie.

Here we go again with editor75's propaganda . . . .

For anyone who cares to do so, ask the idiot if he has any proof whatsoever to support his ignorant accusations. Don't hold your breath waiting for his bullsh*t excuse as to why he can't back up his claims.

Jun 6, 2011, 02:50PM | #5
it seems like it would be a lot simpler and easier just to type, "no, I don't," doesn't it? ...because if people ask me, I'm going to tell them the truth-- something you appear utterly unable to do.

pheelyks  
Jun 6, 2011, 02:53PM | #6
editor75:
I'm going to tell them the truth

Your version of the truth is highly subjective and built on a lot of baseless inference, and thus doesn't speak as highly of your integrity as you seem to think it does.

pheelyks  
Jun 6, 2011, 04:17PM | #8
editor75:
are you saying WB doesn't work for, and have a vested interest in, *********?

I have no knowledge of WB's real name, let alone her place(s) of employment, investment, or other interest.

WritersBeware  
Jun 6, 2011, 04:24PM | #9
editor75:
are you saying WB doesn't work for, and have a vested interest in, *********? that's a closed question, btw.

I have clearly stated, countless times, that I do not work for ET. Now, where's your proof to the contrary? OH, THAT'S RIGHT—your "proof" is that I defend ********* and ALL other legit companies (CP, PM, etc.) against libel and false statements of fact. Good job, moron!

Also, where's your proof that ANY of my substantive assertions are false/untrue? It must really suck for you to be so utterly inept in fairly/honestly debating me.

WritersBeware  
Jun 6, 2011, 07:08PM | #11
editor75:
you're a liar

Are you capable of nothing but baseless propaganda? Quote a single, substantive claim or assertion that I have made that is untrue. Why are you unable to do that? I'll tell you why: I don't make substantive claims about any site/company/scammer that I can't prove. We both know that to be fact, but you just can't stand it.

The burden of proof is on you, dumbass.

WritersBeware  
Jun 6, 2011, 07:54PM | #13
editor75:
what a dummy. don't you know that no one trusts a liar?

Yeah, and your mother is a dirty, $2 whore.

I figured that I would communicate is language that you understand.

Jun 6, 2011, 08:19PM | #14
WritersBeware:
Quote a single, substantive claim or assertion that I have made that is untrue.

WritersBeware:
your mother is a dirty, $2 whore

Either you provide substantial evidence of this or you accept that you are useless and clueless about anything you post on this forum.

WritersBeware  
Jun 6, 2011, 08:21PM | #15
mayur_digitized:
Either you provide substantial evidence of this or you accept that you are useless and clueless about anything you post on this forum.

Listen, you sub-human snake charmer, until you learn how to decipher sarcasm, just STFU and stay out of English-language conversations.

WritersBeware:
I figured that I would communicate in language that you understand.

Jun 6, 2011, 11:27PM | #16
WritersBeware:
Listen, you sub-human snake charmer, until you learn how to decipher sarcasm, just STFU and stay out of English-language conversations.

So you accept that you are useless.

Jun 7, 2011, 04:43AM | #17
WritersBeware:
just STFU and stay out of English-language conversations.

for a racist snob, you sure make a lot of elementary spelling blunders.

WritersBeware:
your mother is a dirty, $2 whore.

very ladylike. sorry, did I hit a nerve?

WritersBeware  
Jun 7, 2011, 11:11AM | #18
editor75:
for a racist snob

F*ck you.

editor75:
you sure make a lot of elementary spelling blunders

Really? Quote them, Mr. Fem. Quote all of these "spelling blunders."

editor75:
very ladylike. sorry, did I hit a nerve?

I'm tired of trying to have a reasoned debate with you. You are incapable. So, you can go f*ck yourself.

Jun 7, 2011, 11:45AM | #19
WritersBeware:
I'm tired of trying to have a reasoned debate with you. You are incapable. So, you can go f*ck yourself.

Translation:
"My hypocrisy has been exposed. Please spare me."

WritersBeware  
Jun 7, 2011, 11:49AM | #20
mayur_digitized:
Translation:
"My hypocrisy has been exposed. Please spare me."

F*ck off, idiot. Your posts make no sense because you don't understand the subtle nuances of the English language.

By the way, do you have any examples to support your claim? Nope.

As pheelyks stated, please enjoy your poverty. It must really suck to always have sand in your teeth.

Jun 7, 2011, 11:59AM | #21
WritersBeware:
F*ck off, idiot. Your posts make no sense because you don't understand the subtle nuances of the English language.

Translation: Quit touching me. Otherwise, I will take the debate off-topic and pick on your English skills as my arguments have been proved to be hollow.

Jun 7, 2011, 12:07PM | #22
WritersBeware:
Mr. Fem.

this is pretty funny, since you're the one pretending to be a woman. have you seen a shrink, btw? I think you could keep a shrink very occupied.

WritersBeware:
tired of trying to have a reasoned debate with you.

give it a rest, Socrates. you're a lunatic, egomaniac attack dog whose idea of a reasoned debate amounts to a elementary school recess shouting match. "debating" a rabid pea-brain like you, for a reasoned individual, is about as fun and exciting a prospect as dental surgery.

I'm not here to debate you, you fraud. I'm here to state the fact that you have a vested interest in defending your own company, *********, and disparaging its competition. you are posing as an objective scam-buster, but in reality, you are a self-serving, hypocritical disaster.

WritersBeware  
Jun 7, 2011, 12:19PM | #23
editor75:
a elementary

Elementary, indeed . . . .

editor75:
I'm here to state the fact that you have a vested interest in defending your own company, *********, and disparaging its competition. you are posing as an objective scam-buster, but in reality, you are a self-serving, hypocritical disaster.

Why can't you PROVE your claims?

Where is your proof of ANY kind?

Why can't you quote a SINGLE claim that I have made that is untrue?

Even if true (which it isn't), how would my connection to ET make my substantive claims any less true? How would it make my verifiable, third-party evidence any less accurate?

Let's get something straight, OK, ass-hat? You don't like me because:

1. I uncover scams;
2. I shot down your IGNORANT and completely unreasonable suggestions for site owners;
3. I schooled you numerous times on multiple, substantive issues.

Stop being such a jealous, spiteful, fraud-defending, incompetence-rewarding psycho.

Jun 7, 2011, 02:11PM | #24
the truth is my absolute defense. you're a liar, and you know it.

regarding my unfortunate mix-up of indefinite articles, I was moving clauses around... which actually is a typo, or a cut-and-paste-o, and not a sign of retardation, like spelling "dweller" wrong multiple times despite correction.

and as to your insane backpedal of "even if I did work for ET, I'm still a great crusader, etc." that's complete BS, which you also know. you're compromised the instant that you admit you work for, and therefore have incentive to defend, a company in the industry you set yourself up within as an objective scam-buster... which is why you won't admit you work for them.

if you were an objective scam-buster, you might have met Evorus' literate and cogent questions with some useful advice re: battling scam companies, instead of seeing him/her as an immediate threat, and attacking.

WritersBeware  
Jun 7, 2011, 02:48PM | #25
Stop wasting my time. You're inferior in every way.

editor75:
the truth is my absolute defense. you're a liar, and you know it.

Wrong, moron. You are falsely misrepresenting your ignorant, baseless propaganda as "truth." One can establish "truth" only with verifiable evidence. You fail.

editor75:
if you were an objective scam-buster, you might have met Evorus' literate and cogent questions with some useful advice re: battling scam companies, instead of seeing him/her as an immediate threat, and attacking.

Look at the thread title, you f*cking clueless idiot:
"an entrepreneur looking at establishing my own essay writing company"

Commercial activity, trolling for business, and/or advertising are not allowed, dumbass. This site isn't here to help "fly-by-night Tom" start an essay business. THAT is why I promptly and correctly turned him away.

Jun 7, 2011, 03:07PM | #26
I know the truth, and so do you. you can tart your lies up with trappings of empiricism all you want-- they will remain lies.

yes, I saw the thread title. I would expect that an independent, non affiliated scam-buster, like you aren't, would welcome the chance to point an entrepreneur in the right direction. but no-- the first label you come up with is, "competition."

WritersBeware  
Jun 7, 2011, 03:17PM | #27
editor75:
I know the truth

No, you don't. Stating that you type the truth solidifies your reputation as a clueless moron and liar.

editor75:
so do you

Yes, I do know the truth, and it sure as hell isn't the garbage that you have been spewing.

editor75:
I would expect that an independent, non affiliated scam-buster, like you aren't, would welcome the chance to point an entrepreneur in the right direction.

Why in the hell do you ignorantly assume that a "scam buster" would want to help someone start a business, especially in a forum that strictly forbids commercial activity? Wake up, Elmer.

WritersBeware:
You expect people to HELP you to compete with them? Wake up.

editor75:
the first label you come up with is, "competition."

That's because—to anyone with at least half of a brain and the slightest sense of humor—it's the most obvious response to someone who is ASKING SITE OWNERS TO HELP HIM COMPETE AGAINST THEM! It's akin to a new computer company asking Apple for help in making an iMac alternative.

Got it yet, dumbass?

WritersBeware  
Jun 7, 2011, 05:44PM | #29
What—that's all you've got now? Yeah, that's what I thought, ya little b*tch. Schooled once again, you resort to repeating your baseless propaganda, as always.

Mark my words—you will get what's coming to you.

For anyone who's interested, following is a link to the moron's original thread in which he makes all sorts of ignorant, outlandish business "suggestions" that were shot down by literally everyone who participated in the discussion—students, potential customers, writers, AND site owners:

Should companies treat independent freelance writers as their "employees"?

The buffoon insists that freelance writers should get full-time benefits! Yeah, that's what kind of idiot he is . . . .

Jun 7, 2011, 06:10PM | #30
WritersBeware:
Mark my words—you will get what's coming to you.

for what, being honest? I'll take that karma. all I'm doing is telling the truth about you working for *********. why does that make you mad? why don't you want to tell it yourself? I'm not afraid of you. I have the truth on my side, and all you have is lies and subterfuge. I feel sorry for you.

thanks for the link.

WritersBeware  
Jun 7, 2011, 09:32PM | #31
editor75:
all I'm doing is telling the truth

Really, tiny man? Why don't you enlighten the forum as to how you've come to that conclusion? You won't because you know that I will tear you apart. Cowardly-ass bastard . . . .

Jun 8, 2011, 05:38AM | #32
Evorus:
What is the treatment like?
How do they communicate with the company and get orders?
Do you fear being taken advantage of? If so, how?
What percentage of the assignment do you get and how many assignments can you expect to get in peak periods and slow periods?

1. the treatment is okay, for an independent contractor relationship. unfortunately, most writers work more than 40 hours a week writing papers, which makes them more employees than contractors. from an employee standpoint, they are treated like trash.

2. most writers fear being taken advantage of by liars, scam companies, and sweat-hogs.

3. writers get under 50%, generally, for doing 100% of the work. at most companies, during peak periods, there are too many assignments, so that some go unwritten. you can get as many assignments as you can take. during slow periods, there aren't enough.

WritersBeware:
Cowardly-ass bastard

I stick to the truth, which I don't think makes me a coward. you're entitled to your opinion, but it's hard to justify calling someone a coward from your position-- you're too scared of putting out identity markers on this board to even be honest about your gender.

WritersBeware  
Jun 8, 2011, 10:23AM | #33
All you're capable of doing is making completely unsubstantiated accusations on matters that are utterly irrelevant in the first place. Neither my gender nor my place of employment make my assertions any less true and my evidence any less verifiable. Regardless, you are absolutely incorrect about both. That doesn't stop you from spewing your propaganda, though, does it? Who needs truth, facts, or evidence, right? I bet that you go about writing research papers with the same mentality.

Jun 8, 2011, 11:35AM | #35
editor75:
unfortunately, most writers work more than 40 hours a week writing papers, which makes them more employees than contractors. from an employee standpoint, they are treated like trash.

Productivity is the key, not time spent on writing. Writing papers is much more than just typing and research writers are not typists. If I'm interested in a subject I don't count hours and can research it to death. Only the final result of my work counts.

WritersBeware  
Jun 8, 2011, 11:47AM | #36
editor75:
all... completely... utterly... any... absolutely...

Prove me wrong, coward. Oh, that's right, little b*tch—you can't.

editor75:
while we're on the subject of absolutes, here's an absolute truth: you work for *********.

(Allow me to humor you once again and highlight for everyone just how fu*king stupid and useless you are.)

Let's assume that you are correct. AND? What's your point? What would that change? Would it make ANY of my statements any less true or my evidence any less verifiable?

LMAO @ the crusading propagandist . . . .

Jun 8, 2011, 12:22PM | #37
beatrice:
If I'm interested in a subject I don't count hours and can research it to death.

say I'm an accountant, working 40 hours a week, and I love doing it. maybe I don't "count the hours" because I'm having fun-- but I still work on a time-clock in order to achieve salaried employment. I do this because it's what determines that I'm not just a part-time employee or freelance contractor for the company, which then gives me the appropriate benefits and perks.

WritersBeware:
Let's assume that you are correct. AND? What's your point?

still backpedaling and throwing insults. this is known in the military as a rear-guard action... something most often done during a retreat.

Jun 8, 2011, 12:49PM | #38
editor75:
say I'm an accountant, working 40 hours a week, and I love doing it. maybe I don't "count the hours" because I'm having fun-- but I still work on a time-clock in order to achieve salaried employment. I do this because it's what determines that I'm not just a part-time employee or freelance contractor for the company, which then gives me the appropriate benefits and perks.

I come to work whenever I have to. If one week I make twice as much as the previous week, I can take the next week off. I don't really count how many hours I work because my clients hold me accountable for quantifiable results only. You can sit in your office all week long doing nothing and you will still get paid for your "work," but you have to be there from 9 to 5 no matter what. I don't have to.

I can do an urgent paper on Monday within 14 hrs and take the next couple of days off because on Monday I made enough money to skip the next days. You can't ;-).

Jun 8, 2011, 12:54PM | #39
...but you don't, do you? you relish the extra money from the urgent paper, and take more papers, because you know summer and/or January is coming. you probably wind up working more like 50-60 hours a week, as a result. and even that little bit extra per page from the urgent paper isn't time and a half.

pheelyks  
Jun 8, 2011, 01:11PM | #40
editor75:
you probably wind up working more like 50-60 hours a week, as a result. and even that little bit extra per page from the urgent paper isn't time and a half.

First of all, this claim (as your previous similar claims) is based on your conjecture, not any actual experience or evidence. Most writers that I am aware of in this industry are part-time and transient. Those that make their regular living doing this can work far less than a full-time employee and still make a decent wage.

Say, for example, that a writer living in the Midwest has a cost of living of $2500/month. This includes private health insurance, a mortgage, retirement savings, etc (all of this is very possible in certain regions of the US). At an average per-page rate of just $12 (earning about $10 after taxes), this individual needs to write 250 pgs/mo. Assuming a work rate of 3 pages per hour (low for a good writer), this means they only need to work 83.33 hours every month--just under 21 hours a week (just over half of what is considered full-time employment).

Now, given that work is seasonal, they might need to work near full-time during some parts of the year and could then afford to take the summer (and usually a month during the winter) off completely. They also might choose to work even more during the busy season and have even more money to spend/save/invest/whatever, or they might choose to get out of their mortgage, move to a tiny, sh*tty apartment and cut their expenses down to $1000 a month, and either retire early or simply cut their workload down to 10 hours a week. This flexibility would not exist in an employment situation.

Personally, I would estimate that over the course of a year I work an average of 25-30 hours every week. There are times during the busy seasons that I work 80+ hours--by choice--because I like the earnings it gives me, and the security an ample savings account gives me during the slow season. Employment would solve the security issue to some degree, as I would receive a regular salary throughout the year, but then I would not have the ability to simply take a month off to travel whenever I felt like it, nor would I be able to increase my salary as desired simply by doing more work.

All of this has of course been explained to you numerous times, and you respond with more conjectures, assumptions and ultimately insults. All of which begs the question, why are you still here?

Forum / General Talk /

56 users online in the last hour