EssayDirectory - the best essay services!     Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students, Writers, Essay Services - The Insider News    
Forum / General Talk / answers: 8

Do customers should provide bibliography, articles, data to the researcher?

Jul 7, 2012, 05:34AM | #
Hi
New in the forum,first post. I'm doing a try to use one of the essay writing sites to help me out in an essay that I'm completely stuck.
I have a question to however:
Do you think, should you provide loads of bibliography, articles, data etc to the researcher, or just basic info? I was not sure and didn't want to limit the researcher, therefore i ask them to use a couple of baseline textbooks as bibliography and I expect everything else to come from his research. What do you think is the most appropriate way to go?

Jul 7, 2012, 06:42AM | #
ficki:
What do you think is the most appropriate way to go?

Depends on you because my remit as a writer is to follow instructions. If you have specific matters you want included, it is up to you to make me aware but if you just give me a topic and the other generic requirements, you'll still get an appropriate paper. And I don't think there is any preferred system for a writer-it's all dependent on the particular situation.

Jul 7, 2012, 11:58AM | #
It really depends on what you require, if you need a reference to a certain text then its good to provide this as the writer may not use the source otherwise. On the whole I like to get a reading list from customers as this gives me an indication of what has been covered on their course (this is often different lecturer to lecturer, school to school) but avoid orders which insist on my using a list of sources a mile long.

I guess its a case of balance, if you have specific requirements then by all means list them. Otherwise recommendations rather than ridged requirements are probably the way to go.

Jul 7, 2012, 04:38PM | #
Generally, I don't need any help in the form of sources. I provide an appropriate reference list and corresponding citations in the paper. Most of the time, the same information could also be found in the texts actually used in your courses, so you should be able to find all the same stuff in there, such as in whatever Psychology or Nursing textbook you use. There are certain types of papers that I may not be able to do without your reference material but I tell clients that at the time that I give them a price for the work. Sometimes, looking over the material you send becomes part of figuring out whether I can write it and how much to charge. If the resources you provide make my job easier, I take that into account in pricing; same goes for when the sources you require me to use actually make the job harder than using my own.

Keep in mind that sending us too much material makes it harder for us instead of easier. When you send us 10 files that you downloaded just because they sounded like they might be useful, we have to go through them to find what's useful and sometimes, none of it really is. Therefore, as a general rule, I don't need help with the research unless I ask for it but if you happen to have one or two really good resources on your topic, there's no harm in sending them. Just keep in mind that quality is more important than quantity and sometimes less is more.

NPFAISIFS
Highly-experienced professional writer located in NYC. JD (Law) from NYLS. nycfreelancewriter.homestead.com/services.html

Jul 8, 2012, 01:26PM | #
Thanks for the responses.
I felt like to provide only the baseline textbooks and articles just in order to make sure that both me and the writer are in the same page.
As Freelancewriter mention, I thought that too many sources make the life of the writer miserable. We'll see how it goes, if it shows that the result is too generic and is not fit for purpose when I request amendments I will send then more sources in order to narrow down the search options.

Jul 8, 2012, 02:29PM | #
In my experience, there are two types of sources provided by a client: First is the classroom material (including pps, notes, reading material etc. plus some random sources picked by the client only to help the writer in vain. This type of material places great burden on our shoulders. The other type is a few invaluable journal articles, book chapters that the client find after careful thought. This is something every writer will welcome. However, most of the clients tend to opt for the former, regrettably.

Forum / General Talk /

25 users online in the last hour