EssayDirectory - best essay services!         Guest :
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered [12]  
  help    or 
Forum / General Talk /

Customers: When Placing an Order You Need to Post Detailed Instructions

pheelyks   Sep 17, 10, 01:30PM | #1
This gets brought up fairly often, but really....

Customers, when you are placing an order, take the time to include the actual instructions in your order description. Saying, "instructions will follow" or "instructions included in fax" wastes a lot of everyone's time, and including lines like "NO PLAGIARISM!!!" and "do not deviate from instructions!!!" just makes you sound that much more annoying, especially when you can't be bothered to take the time describing what you need. We provide a service, but we are not servants.

forumregulatorThreads: 1

Sep 17, 10, 03:33PM | #3
These clients should also take time to type out their instructions. Some orders actually fail to attract writers because of the order description lacking hints-let alone complete instructions- on how the paper should be done.

FreelanceWriterThreads: 5
 Writer
Sep 17, 10, 03:46PM | #4
It might be helpful to explain to customers what we actually see when they place an order:

We have a board that only shows us what you actually type in the order box. If all you type is "Political Science" and "Paper description in faxes," we have no idea what your paper is about (what nations, what century, what issues, etc). We're not likely to commit to writing any paper without knowing what the actual topic is and what's required. Your order will probably stay on the board and not get taken. Most of us have enough work and too many existing time constraints to remember to keep checking the fax board later to check out the faxes for every order that is on the board without a description just to see whether or not it's a topic we want to write. There can be quite a delay between the time you submit a fax and the time it actually goes up on our system. Every week there are papers due in 12 hours whose faxes never even get posted in that time. Sometimes, it's a paper we could have written if we hadn't had to wait for the faxes. When the faxes finally come in, they're nothing but basic instructions on how to write an essay or how to punctuate English properly.

If you want your order taken ASAP and you want to decrease the chances that it will just stay on the board, never get written by anybody, and eventually just get refunded, you need to tell us exactly what your essay is about and what your specifications are in your initial order box. The file-submission function is strictly for sending in additional materials necessary to write the paper; it's not there for you to send in the basic essay topic and specs that you want us to meet.

As Pheelyks said, we do this for a living and when you tell us not to plagiarize or you send us the instructions that your Composition 101 professor gave you to teach you how to write an essay or how to punctuate English, it's annoying; sometimes, if we're already not sure we want to bother taking your paper, that kind of thing can make us just skip your order altogether. You wouldn't go to a car mechanic and tell him where the radiator is or how he should change your oil and if you do, he may just tell you that he's too busy to work on your car because you've already started off your relationship by announcing that you're likely to be a pain in the ass and that you have no respect for the fact that he fixes cars for a living all day everyday. He doesn't need you to tell him how to do his job; same goes for professional writers and customers who treat us as though this is our first ever research paper just because it may be your first college paper.

rustyironchainsThreads: 14

Sep 17, 10, 04:44PM | #5
half of these morons don't even read the things before they hand them in. you expect them to comprehend how to give you accurate instructions, on command? good luck with that.

pheelyks   Sep 17, 10, 04:58PM | #6
I'm not even asking for that. I'm asking them to take a minute to copy and paste instead of taking the even lazier route of emailing (or the much more time-intensive task of faxing, when finding a scanner--from which they can copy and paste--is probably easier) files.

WRTThreads: 17
 Company Representative
Sep 17, 10, 06:20PM | #7
A customer placed a rush order yesterday. Order instructions: "summarise chapter 3." I emailed the customer multiple times and tried getting her on the phone - all I wanted to know was CHAPTER 3 OF WHAT?! 8 hours went by without a response from the customer, so cancelled and refunded. I never even placed the order in the AVAILABLE SECTION for writer to see and pick up - who would ever pick up an order like that?

pheelyks   Sep 21, 10, 12:08PM | #8
My favorite order description yet (for a ten page paper, no less):

"I will attach some important files . READ IT"

Translation: "My time is too valuable to waste on instructions that ought to be important for you, and you'd BETTER NOT F*CK UP!"

Now, maybe the customer didn't really mean to imply these things, and I certainly doubt they were being intentionally offensive, but just so you know how writers might see this...

Dapper DanThreads: 1

Sep 22, 10, 12:34AM | #9
WRT:
A customer placed a rush order yesterday. Order instructions: "summarise chapter 3." I emailed the customer multiple times and tried getting her on the phone - all I wanted to know was CHAPTER 3 OF WHAT?! 8 hours went by without a response from the customer, so cancelled and refunded. I never even placed the order in the AVAILABLE SECTION for writer to see and pick up - who would ever pick up an order like that?

This one made me laugh. haha

the_devillThreads: 1

Sep 22, 10, 04:34PM | #10
Made me chuckle too. Makes me wonder how these people got onto their Unviersity courses in the first place?

WRTThreads: 17
 Company Representative
Sep 23, 10, 06:10AM | #12
Biblio - the funny thing is that you are right. Some would pick up a job like that :)

bam bamPosts: 16
 Company Representative
Sep 23, 10, 06:48AM | #13
Those may be the easiest customers to work with, I mean its almost like free money. I once saw an order on the board titled "I have never go to dizbanche." I then Tried messaging the customer several times for more instructions but each time a reply came through, things got more muddled up. I actually gave up when it read "you can never go to dizbanche." So I decided to take on the order because it had a premium price tag (I guess it belonged to a child of one of those dictators from developing nations), and guess what? a few hours later I was done and the client sent back another incoherent message thanking me. Here is the message.

"Thank you

the good thing is My Dr he have me some time until 12 A.M :)

Thanks,,"
my advice is, if you feel like you have a clue of what this person is asking for, go for it.

FreelanceWriterThreads: 5
 Writer
Sep 26, 10, 02:17AM | #14
WRT:

I have the following order pending right now.

Book Review - History

"paragraph one- identify and summarize the thesis of the book.(why is the author writing? What is the message he is attempting to convey? Why does it matter?
paragraph two- summarize the structure of the book.(What do its chapters contain?
paragraphs three and four- explore the strengths and weaknesses of the arguement.
paragraph five- what does it add to the understanding of world history?"

So far no answer to my question asking whether there's any specific book they want reviewed or if I'm supposed to pick a book on my own. No files and no hint of any book title anywhere in the order.
I have been writing for some of the best American essay companies since 2003. I'm a law school graduate located in NYC and my personal essay service website is nycfreelancewriter.homestead.com

curious11Posts: 5

Sep 27, 10, 04:15PM | #15
but don't you hate it when the instructions are too detailed?

pheelyks   Feb 26, 11, 08:33PM | #16
On another note, telling writers how excellent you are at your own writing and suggesting that the writer contact you directly to go over the assignment as a means of ensuring your instructions are followed EXACTLY translates quite simply to: I'm a complete pain in the ass who's going to expect multiple rewrites until I get the paper I think I would have written myself.

Here's the deal: if you provide detailed enough instructions, good writers will write good papers that fulfill your requirements. They won't write the paper you would have written because they aren't you, and they won't feel like doing a half dozen rewrites to change things that don't really matter as far as the original order is concerned. This type of order description just makes us walk away, positive that it will be a bigger pain than it's worth.

evident thunderThreads: 1
 Writer
Feb 27, 11, 07:20PM | #17
It may (will) cost you more, but don't say a paper will be x pages long, when the instructions ask for an x+5 page-long paper. As far as I know, writers can't easily charge more money for papers that go beyond what you paid for, so PLEASE don't say it will be four pages long when asking for a 2000-word essay, or (and I have seen this) that it's two pages long, when the instructions flat-out ask for five pages. If you do this, you will not have your work completed.

theboyThreads: 1
 Student
Oct 30, 11, 07:55AM | #18
This is excellent advice pheelyks. I am about to choose a writer for a first time to write a few chapters of a dissertation and was wondering about how detailed my instructions could be. I would obviously prefer to be very detailed, but on the other hand, I don't want the writer to turn down the job offer because of this.

MeoKhanThreads: 8
 Writer
Oct 30, 11, 08:18AM | #19
Usually the most important instructions are given in the document provided by the tutor/lecturer. After that comes the role of "how" the client wishes the writeup to go. Next is the confusions faced by the writer in between the 2 of these things; so a clarification from the writer and your feedback to it makes it very convincing for both the parties. The rest can be covered if the writer shares page by page (or topic) writeup with the client. In my experience, this process leads to a very satisfactory product.

zygorevThreads: 1
 Student
May 5, 12, 08:13AM | #21
pheelyks:
This type of order description just makes us walk away, positive that it will be a bigger pain than it's worth.

Oh my dear Pheelyks, I hope I did not offend. I'm new to this world of hiring a writer. Thanks for the clarification.

th63Threads: 1

May 7, 12, 11:29PM | #22
I skip over a lot of orders like those. I also skip over the ones that look like "problem" types or phonies.